A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

After the first few hours it was likely that the children were going to start getting restless. Though Adian knew little about the wide world, he had plenty of stories that he thought might entertain them, no small number being tales of his own antics as a child. He would wait to tell them until he saw signs of discomfort among them, though.

Meanwhile the sun above him continued to rise, the glare of the increasing light beginning to make his head ache. How did these surface people handle it?

He refused to let himself wilt in his saddle, though. What a fine thing it would be if he were to fall from his saddle on the first day of the trip home! He kept his back straight and adjusted his hood once in awhile, stubbornly determined to remain strong.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Tends the shrine, not aware of the pending visitors. The glade and the near by tunnel ready to recoeve guests. Food and shelters always available to all that come in peace.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

http://avatar86.deviantart.com/art/Adia ... -104941277

It was dusk when the group arrived at the first shrine, a sculpture of the goddess just inside the mouth of a small cave. Around the entrance area were a number of natural stone "tables", bought here at one tome by ancient glaciers and dumped when the ice had receeded. Though there were signs or recent visitors, the shrine was now occupied by its sole attendant. Adian had met the protector once before when passing through to Baldur's Gate. Now he had returned with a sizable party.

At the moment he was entertaining the children with a tale of one his favorite eccentrics in the Promenade: Farfle Feloneus, a brawling halfling so big and burly for his kind that he was sometimes mistaken for a dwarf, and whose other distinctive characteristic was a pair of gauntlets that were too big for him, yet both remained in place and did not restrict his hands one bit...as Adian himself had learned once or twice.

"...and naturally that was when he showed up," he was saying. "There we were, all covered in feathers as they drifted down around us, the cushions split open from our landing, and our improvised "cloaks" tangling us up tighter than ropes. He just stared at us like this..." Adian put on a comical glower that sent the children into fits of giggles. "...and we could only stare back at him, ready for him to pronounce sentence.

"And then he just smirked at us," he said in an amazed tone. "That was the first time I'd ever seen anything like that on his face. I thought the world had just come to an end. Then he told us to make sure we got everything cleaned up before Lady Veladorn got back!"
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene, Ulrike, and Delia listen in as Adian entertains the other Rahns with his tales. Nedylene smiled enjoying the tales herself.

[i:2uqvbr28]Maybe I can ask Qilue' to let him come back with us to the Isle.[/i:2uqvbr28]

She looked over the shrine and in her own way glad to be out of the sun despite her being surface born and used to the warmth and light of the sun. Feeling the rock of the cave gave her energy too. It gave her a sense of stability, the stability of the rock of Abeir-Toril and Faerun her home despite what she made for herself and her children on Elben Aator.
Last edited by silke_rahn on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Steps out of the shadows with some honey candy for the children and offers a slight bow to the adults.

"Welcome to this haven, I did not expect visitors however true I am always. A meal and shelter will be provided for you. Have you further needs?"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian tied Dusk's reins to a nearby tree and took the time to remove her saddle and bags. Then he headed eagerly for the shrine.

[i:z18ysekx]Thank the goddess.[/i:z18ysekx]

Adian's headache from the constant glare of the sun eased somewhat as he stepped into the comforting shadows of the small cave. Tension that he hadn't known was there loosened its grip on his shoulders.

At the mention of a meal Adian's eyes came alight. Hunger did not rob him of his manners, however.

"We are grateful for your hospitality," Adian said, returning the bow. "Some water for the horses will be needed, and I am certain my companions will need to use the stream to bathe and a place to sleep for a time. Is there a spot nearby where I might perfrom the Evensong?."
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She smiles at the newcomer, glancing around at her party, "The food and shelter will be most welcome,"

She looks at Nedylene, slightly unsure of what else to do as her excitement grows in wonder of the world outside her closed temple.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

That evening Adian was to be found in a small clearing of evergreen trees. His armor and cloak had been set neatly near a rock at the edge of the clearing, and the moon was just becoming visible in the East. He wore a tunic and hose with a white, oddly unstained, headband. His bare feet stepped quickly on the grass as he danced, his sword in one hand and whirling a glittering pattern around him as he moved.

He picked up his pace, humming to himself, as he worked off the tension of the past two days. He moved with that natural grace of his surface kin, though he was broader in shoulder than most. His shoulder-length hair sparkled silver and his violet eyes shone.

As his Evensong dance came to a conclusion, he pulled the headband from his head and stood with his arms aloft as if embracing the moon high above. On his forehead were four small silvery marks, as though someone with silver dust on their hand had brushed their fingertips there.

He felt energized again. He could face the light of the coming days on the road, now. His muscles were limber again and the exertions felt like a warm fire had begun in his body. He remained there a little longer, gazing up at the beautiful moon and the bright stars surrounding it.

His mentors had warned him that some of his kin experienced fear, even panic at the sight of the endless sky above when seeing it for the first time. Adian had not felt that fear in the slightest, and instead regarded the sky with wonder every night.

Somewhere out there, he was sure, the Dark Maiden danced under the moon as well.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene watched Adain leave and head toward the near by clearing.

"Food for our party and our horses, water for our horses and our party, and a place to rest would be nice. I think I will join young Adain in Evening Song."

Then Nedylene stripped from her armor that had a glow of some magical enhancements. After carefully securing her armor and clothing in the shrine and haeven; she walked out to the clearing. She wore only a light blue cloth camesole and matching loin cloth. She had placed some jeweled sandals from her pack on her feet. Then from her weapons belt and her baldric she took her swords from their scabbards. Both were longswords. Nedylene's Sword was a slightly modified Astral Blade and Eilistraee's Justice was a custom blade of Alchemical Silver. It was glowing with magics much stronger than Nedylene's Sword.

"Eilistraee's Justice is a rare blade. It is likely the only good aligned sword that has acidic magic as part of its enhancements. It was designed so I could fight Trolls. Nedylene's Sword has a similar enhancement, but it is a weaker one. There are many tribes of Trolls near us at Lunar Temple. Both these blades have saved me in combat many times. Eilistraee's Justice is ensocered to deal increased damage to creatures of evil alignment. It was made for me by a surface dwelling Duegar weapon and armor smith named Draxis Hammerblow. I have learned to dance carefully with both of these blades."

On her left shoulder was a light blue and white tattoo of Eilistraee dancing. "I was given this tattoo when Eilistraee chose me as one of her champions. She touched me with her hand on my shoulder and afterwards the tattoo appeared."

She walked out to the clearing and once there began to dance. She danced with the grace of one born to the Dance of the Maiden.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian turned and greeted Nedylene with a practiced bow.

"Formidable weapons," he said. "I have no doubt you earned them. As you have the Lady's mark.

"I've had this since I was a small boy," he said, gesturing at the marks on his forehead. "They say the Dark Maiden touched me as well. I believe them. I wish I could remember, but..." He shrugged.

He fell into step next to the tall woman, letting her take the lead as was proper, matching her moves as well as he could. Some of her steps were unique to her home and thus unfamiliar to Adian, but he managed to keep up.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene looked at Adain as she followed the rhythm that Eilistraee put into her head. She noticed his mark on his forehead and nodded. Then she spoke, "Do not worry about it, The Dark Maiden touched and blessed you long ago so accept it."

Then as she dances to Eilistraee's rhythem she suddenly glows a bright pale blue. Next the voice of the Lady of the Dance comes from Nedylene.

"Adain you are one of my children whether I bore you or one of my servants like Nedylene my half-sister did it does not matter you and all drow that take the path of light and goodness are my children."

Then Eilistraee separates from Nedylene and the two sisters dance together before Adain.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:16r1tcow]Half-sister? [/i:16r1tcow] To a goddess? That would mean that her parent was...

"It appears I in in greater company than I knew," he said in an awed voice. "I thank you for your words, my Lady."

Whether he was addressing Nedylene of the goddess was anyone's guess. Quite possibly both. He felt that he had been granted a great gift...words of praise from the goddess herself.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene signals with drow sign not to bring attention them from the others. Then goes on to say in Drow Sign, "I am a mortal as was my mother, but the blood of Corellon flows in my viens as much as it does in my sister's."

Switches to the spoken Ilythiir language, but speaks softly, "Mother was sellected by the Elf-Father as she had shown that among the Ilythiiri of the surface she was most fair and most kind to all she met and was a good example of what a decent and honorable Ilythiir should be. Eilistraee came to me when I was young, but a girl child and told me the truth of my father. She had done this to prepare me for his leaving. We that follow the Dark Maiden value our Jalukel more than those that follow the Spider Queen. So Eilistraee spoke with me for a long time to tell me that the man I knew as Belgos was actually an avitar of Corellon the Elf-Father. She said he had spent enough time living with our people to know that we are true and have remained true to him, her and the Seldarine."

Nedylene waited for that to sink in before speaking some more while aware that the Goddess was standing next to her looking very much like the most beautiful drow female ever to walk the soil of Abeir-Toril and Faerun.

"Sometimes Eilistraee pays me visits just to see how I am doing and to let me know somethings about our father and how my mother is doing in Eilistraee's home. As she is the Dark Maiden, I am her Argent Maid on Elben Aator which lies in the waters between here and Meztica. It is southwest of Evermeet."

"There I lead our people in making a home for ourselves, fighting the local population of Lolthian Drow, and helping our neighbors despite their distrust of us."

"A few times our evil cousins have taken me tried to make me a meal for Eilistraee's mother only for her to take my spirit to her home. There we talk and enjoy a game of chess. Don't worry we play only with pieces of stone, but I have seen the one used by her and her mother. I don't like it much because with it the Dark Maiden tries to win over many of our souls as she can. Yet the Spider Queen strives to steal more for her hunger for our souls."

"While I was there with Eilistraee, Lolth visited in the guise of Araushnee. I watch as they played just such a game, but Eilistraee's pieces wore the colors of my house and Lolth's wore the colors of the Houses of Szith, House Mori'hyanda, House Morcane, House Kor'ali, and House Dev'lin. At the time it was my human consort Justan Steel that led our people in turning an attack on our place. Araushnee looked at me enviously and with a hunger in her eyes that nearly chilled me to my bones. Eilistraee took my hand that was resting on her shoulder to reassure me."
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

After having eaten her fill, she got up and walked off in the direction Nedylene and Adian had gone. A bird circles around her, coming to land on her shoulder as she moved through the shrine. She walks into the clearing just as Nedylene finishes, having heard only a little of it, and therefore slightly confused as to the context. She is the opposite of the Drow, standing out despite the darkness, her pale skin shining like a beacon in the pale light of the moon.

She stops just inside the clearing, a strange bird perched upon her shoulder, with an uncertain look on her face, not sure if she had come at a wrong time.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt watched the female in the clearing, he saw the bird land on her shoulder, but was still apprehensive to approach, though she was obviously of the Dark Lady's clergy, as was Zazzt, before he picked up the mantle of wizard. Casting a cantrip that made his voice come from across the clearing, "I appologize, My Lady, if I have distrubed you, but might I know what you are doing here?"