A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The farmhands moved quickly to clean up the dining table as people left, though they had enough courtesy to wait for those who lingered over the last of their dinners. The house was soon filled with the clatter and ringing of silverware and dinnerware being washed and cleaned for use the next day, along with the muted evening chatter of the farmers and families.

The evening was quite cool, though not uncomfortably so, as was normal for springtime in the region. The famr was bathed in moonlight, making the shadows darker and the larger plants seem to shine in the night. All around were the familiar sounds of the night at a farm: The occassional snort of a work animal, the rustling of the plants in the wind, the calls of various insects and night birds, and once in a while the hoot of an owl declaring its hunting ground.

There was also some sort of disagreement taking place close to the house. The voices were being kept low, but the wind managed to carry fragments of the noise, though words were unintelligable.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

From her many years of experience within the military that Calia served she quietly readied herself for a night patrol. She took up her sword, dagger, and bow after redonning her leather and chain light but reseliant body armor (a chain shirt made with high tech steel-titanium alloy five-in-one chain mail and a laminated leather and balistic nylon lining). If noticed the lining of the chain shirt seems to be some sort of leather and padded armor. Then she went out into the evening to stand watch. She heard the commotion, and took a position where she could see and hear, but not be seen or heard and listened and watched. She had a mottled grey, green, and tan colored head wrap pulled up revealing only her eyes so that her whitish blond hair would not give away were she sat in the shadows watching the evening pass by.

[i:1lvhuduo]I wonder what has their panties in a bunch,[/i:1lvhuduo]she thought to herself. Then Calia started to scan the night beginning with the furthest she could see and working her way closer slowly moving here eyes left to right and right to left as well as up and down. Being naturally able to see in near total darkness she mainly was seeing the heat images of the noctunal wild life while watching for the similar images of potential enemies.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"...a mistake."

"Master Resker's made his choice, Lammer," was the reply. "It's not down to you or me to judge him."

"I'm just saying that maybe it might be time to mend some fences, that's all. He's always in a mood after they come around."

"[i:2mhzx2ni]They [/i:2mhzx2ni]dropped [i:2mhzx2ni]him[/i:2mhzx2ni]." the gruffer voice said firmly. "An' tha's just the way it is. They either take him as he is or they don't. It's as simple as that."

"It's never that simple," the younger voice argued. "I don't want him to die without some kind of...truce or something. He deserves some peace on that front, at least."

"Dwarves are more stubborn than rocks," the older one replied. "And twice as tough. Don't worry about him. At least don't tell him you're worried, anyway. He'll have you shovelling the manure all by yourself if you do."

There was a brief pause.

"Why does he jump all over that kid, anyway?" the younger voice asked, switching subjects with the typical energy of youth. "What did he do, anyway? This is only the second time he's been here."

"That's not for you to ask abou..."

The two fell silent as the creak of a door sounded and the sound of boots on gravel echoed in the night. The footsteps faded as the walker left. There was another pause.

"They sure were pretty, weren't they?"

"Which one?"

"Any of them."

There was an amused grunt from the older voice.

"That they are, son," the older voice said. "Elves tend to be like that. And way, way out of your league."

"I don't know," the young man said. "That Calia seemed all right."

"Dream on, lad."
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene went out to do Evening Song before going to get her rest. She, Yuldra, Delia, and Elfie went out to one of Master Resker's pastures. There dress in leather and chainmail out fits that flattered their figures, and exposed some of their dark skin while leaving the important parts covered and to the imagination they began to dance each armed with a well crafted bastardsword. The dances seemed to flow from within them and a haunting but lovely tune soon filled the air as the four Drow-Blood women danced. The other adult woman of their heritage the polite, engaging, and cheerful paladin and cleric of Lathander stood watch over them. Ulrike Himmelstochter was fully armored and armed. Knowing the special properties of her friends outfits and swords she knew that they were not unarmed or unprepared is some villain decided to interrupt their worship of the Lady of the Dance.

Ulrike was there to lend aid and her blade if needed. Though not a follower of Eilistraee, she did think that her fellow Drow should be free to practice their religion. Now if these were followers of the Spider Queen she would be the first to go forth and slay the evil doers. These were the true Ssi'Tel'Quessiri dancing in the beams from Selune and they were some of the best examples of their race.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Denton was not a young man who was about to let a good thing pass. Since the farm was a regular way station for the Eilistraeean Drow, he was familiar with some of their traditions...including the Eveningsong. The way the priestesses dressed...or rather didn't...was naturally of primary interest. He also knew the places the Drow tended to pick for their evening dances...and the best vantage points.

Maybe Lammer was right and these ladies were totally out of his and Reiber's league. But that wasn't going to deter him from enjoying the show.

He hadn't anticipated that Master Resker would come out that evening. He'd have been spotted by the old dwarf if he hadn't ducked under a thick berry bush...and paid for it with plenty of nasty scratches. Resker passed him without a glance and headed up into the nearby forest.

[i:16n9pmui]The graveyard? At this time of night? What was so important there that he would skip a chance to see these dark maidens in their glory?[/i:16n9pmui]

He was a bit put off when he saw the young male drow heading into the field to join them. But still...this was just one guy among these gorgeous ladies. Easily ignored.

Congratulating himself on his own cunning, Denton settled down to watch the performance.

[center:16n9pmui]* * *[/center:16n9pmui]

Adian joined the four women as they had joined him two nights ago. He bowed and drew his own sword.

"Will you permit me to join you?" he asked.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene looked at Adian and nodded, "Yes you may my brother in Eilistraee."

Then the four women made room for Adian.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian took his place among the women, a bit behind and just outside of sword's reach in case of accident. Adian was also more minimally dressed this time, feeling a bit more confident among them than he had been. His frame was stockier then many males his size, broader across the shoulder, allowing his muscle tone to be a bit thicker and firmer than his peers. This did not make him any less graceful than any of his kin.

He waited for the women to take the lead, deferring to his hosts. The dances of the Promenade were different from those of Elben Aator, so he would have to improvise a bit to keep from mistepping and accidentally nicking someone.
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

“I still think, we should consider returning home,” said Tadhorir. A frown crossed the face of the young wood elf. “I can understand how you feel about your parents, Celessarel, but running away won’t solve anything.”

“I told you, this has nothing to do with my parents, and I’m not running away,” Celessarel answered fiercely. Why could he still not understand her? She had told him everything about her dreams of the dancing woman. But he seemed to think that they were no more than a foolish idea, or worse, an excuse to run away from home.

She had been so scared at first when she discovered that the dancing woman was a drow. Drow were evil and dangerous and the mortal enemies of all surface elves. And yet, there was something about that woman that didn’t fit with all the things she had been told by her parents. Even when Celessarel was awake, she would suddenly catch herself humming the melodies from her dream or even repeating the steps of the dance.

She had to find out more about it. She simply had to.

“Yes, I know this is about the strange goddess from your dream, but all we know about her so far, are rumours.” Tadhorir, who always kept a keen eye on their surroundings, narrowed his eyes to look to the fields afar. “And I still think we should be wary of any goddess who teaches drow to return to the surface. They should best stay under the earth where we don’t have to put up with them. And don’t, ”he added, as Celessarel was about to open her mouth, ”don’t start another speech about Drizzt Do’Urden.”

Celessarel giggled. “You know me too well, Tadhorir.”

“I’ve known you all your life.” A tone of sadness had crept into Tadhorir’s voice as if he was about to add: ‘But I’m not so sure that I know you anymore.’

“Lasta!” Celessarel raised her head, listening eagerly into the darkness. “Listen.”

Voices. Voices and music.

The singing was faint at first, only fragments brought to her ears by the wind. She couldn’t make out any of the words, but the was a beautiful melancholy tone to it, happy and sad at the same time.

It was so much like the music in her dream…
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene, her Half-Drow Daughters Delia, Elie, and the Half-Drow Favored Soul Yuldra Stayanoga were joined by the male Drow in their Dance. The music sounded as if it were carried on the breeze and moon beams. In Resker's pasture the small group of Drowkin began the dances of Eveningsong.

From their vantage points Silke Rahn and Ulriche Himmelstochter observed the dancers and their surroub=ndings. Silke a ranger, rogue, and Shadow Dancer was doing this unseen. Over the years she had become quite skilled at not being seen even while in plain sight. She watched with her bow readied with an arrow nocked. Her twin scimitars were ready at her sides in their scabbards and her black as night companion Muirith prowled nearby.

Ulriche was standing in the gateway into the pasture. She wore plate armor similar to the suits discarded by Nedylene and Yuldra. She didn't worship the Lady of the Dance as her primary deity, but as a Dawnbringer and Dawnsinger of Lathander she stood watch to protect the religious leader of the Lunar Drow as the surface tribe of the Ssi'Tel'Quessir of the Isle of Elben Aator were called. She carrried a mace, a bastardsword and a longsword besides her daggers and heavy shield with the crest of the Order of Luna on it. The dark blue, black, and light blue plate she wore along with her charlcoal toned skin hid her retty well. Only her whitish bloned hair was visible in the moonlight of this evening.

In the pasture other female and a few male members of their party joined them for the ritual to the Darkmaiden. The dancing had turned the Dwarven farmer's pasture into a temporary temple of Eilistraee. About a dozen Drow or Half-Drow now danced in the circle with their swords dressed in attire that revealed their physiques to one degree or another. Nedylene, her daughters, and Yuldra wore outfits that resembled warlock leathers, but were the dancing costumes of the Lunar Drow. The were either a dark nightly blue or a light sky blue. The mithryl chain skirting and trim shined in the moonlight. Others were less modest in their attire. The Lunar Drow costumes revealed their midrifts, their arms and great lengths of their legs down to their boot tops. The front skirting was open and revealed the matching thongs each Lunar Drow female wore.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(OCC: I have been told his board can only handle 20 pages of a topic. Perhaps we should start a Part II soon.)

A short distance into the woods, Resker stopped at his son's grave and glared at it...like he did at most everything nowadays.

"The lad's back," he growled at the silent headstone. "Just like ye, he is. His head full o' fluff an' not enough common sense. Ready t' help anyone with a sob story even if it leads him to the Hells. Why do the gods always pick these air-headed kids to do their dirty work?

"Won't be long before he goes off on some fool's errand and gets himself into trouble. Goin' to get himself killed if he doesn't wise up fast. Won't understand stuff like politics or greed...stuff that'll make folk leave 'im to the wolves wi'out a second thought. Bloody idiot. Just like you."

Resker stared at the grave but recieved no reply.

"Bloody idiot," he muttered again.

At that moment the songs of the Lunar Drow floated through the woods and reached his old ears. Some of the tension flowed away at the beautiful sound and he brushed at his eyes with his one arm.

His son's death and the circumstances surrounding it has been the breaking point between himself and his clan. He had almost lost himself to complete despair when help had arrived from an unexpected source...a tall dark elfmaid who danced to the Dark Maiden. Though he had known her only a short time, she had bought him back from the brink of destruction. Ever since then he had opened his doors to any of the Eilistrareean Drow, the only folk he had met who had supported him at the worst time in his life.

He stumped to the edge of the woods and watched as the (relatively speaking) young elves turned his land into a sacred temple. Their dance was reminder that there were still good things in the world.

"Bloody idiot," Resker said to himself. "Getting sentimental in yer senility."

Despite his words he remained where he was, watching over the worshippers below as though they were his own kin.