Nymaru Island

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Waits and watches, nodding in aceptance of the assurance of a room. Once Master Ironhammer is landed and settled enough speaks to him first.

"I am sorry my invitation caused you such discomfort. There was time for walking I think. Yes I understand that she will not be attending. Shall we board together for the final trip for my crew?

"Eyes turn to the Captain* "If all those whom wish to attend are here, I am ready to depart"

The crew having already boarded the Dark Maiden an honor guard standing by the body all that is required is the broading of the Drawf and the two captains and any late ariving people coming to pay final respects.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[b:2jkw2yue][i:2jkw2yue]In the castle[/i:2jkw2yue][/b:2jkw2yue]
[t:2jkw2yue]"I do not know what shape the ship is in, but I do know that most of the passengers and crew members survived and they are being housed here on the isle. The isle is called Nymaru Island, but we also house a kindred race called the ellithyri. They resemble us to an extent, but are of drow ancestry.
[t:2jkw2yue]"We are a fairly new race, these being only our 50th generation. We are also quite secret, which would explain why you do not know of us. Our government is formed by a council of races, a representative of all the races our bloodline combines. Only these representatives know of us, and hold our secret closely. Our queen and her consorts govern the council. Our secret is dear to us because we , expecially our ruling family, the Willowsongs, have gifts and abilities that raise us far beyond the abilities of mortal men and woman.
[t:2jkw2yue]"To be honest with you, it is simply not wise of us to walk amongst faerun and have all know of us. "
[t:2jkw2yue]"Those few who do know of us call us the 'mutts of faerun', which may sound insulting , but it is because our multiple bloodlines combined within us and formed us into what we are. We are part elf, part human, part dragon, part demon, part vampire, part celestial , part lycanthrope and part unicorn. You probably find this a bit confusing, but the Gods themselves played a role in our creation."
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance nods.
"It makes sense, then, that I have never heard of your race before. And the gods work in mysterious ways, especially since I received a subtle hint from Bahamut, the Platinum Dragon, that I would find something very important on this journey"
Shaelzin looks at lance and the purrs happily.
"I know that" Lance says to Shaelzin "I do not know why Bahamut told you what he already told me, trough. As I said the gods work in mysterious ways and the dragon dieties sometimes in ways more mysterious than the rest".
Lance then remembers himself.
"Oh, but now I talk too much again. It happens from time to time. Since the Jadestar's crew is still alive and well I would very much like to meet them and get their acount on what happened since I was...lost"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[b:24oz4sb6][i:24oz4sb6]At the castle[/i:24oz4sb6][/b:24oz4sb6]
[t:24oz4sb6]Mara smiles and nods at you,
[t:24oz4sb6]" I know most of the crew members are down at the docks. I heard something about a memorial service that is going to be held for the crew member that died.If you would like to go down there, you need only go back down the hall you came in through, and go to the big doors at the far end of the hall. Head down the hill from the castle , through the park and the city proper and you should see the docks.I know the captain of the jade star is down there and he should be able to fill you in on the rest of the things you wish to know."
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

In the distance, far away from the island there can be a small dot in the sky, slowly growing larger, untill it becomes apparent there are indeed two of the dots. Slowly their forms come closer into view, it appears to be two winged humanoids fighting through the air, one with a weapon in each hand, the other seems to be unarmed, or perhaps small weapons.

With increasing pace they come closer, it can be seen that one is a female winged elf, and the other seems to be male human with black wings, like those of a dragon. The human wields dual scimitars, and the woman with two katar's.

The two dance through the sky, ocasionaly droplets of blood falling onto the waves as one scores a hit, yet only ever small. Both oblivious to their surounds, they fly towards the castle slowly.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

"Thank you, my lady, I will do just that. And thank you for the information, it is always good to know a bit about the people you visit. And thank you again for your kindness"
With a short bow Lance turns around and walks out. Shaelzin hisses something.
"No, I think we will go by foot. There is no need to impress anyone" Lance answers.
He walks trough the castle and follows the instructions of Mara, hopefully heading the right way towards the docks.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:15huu30z]At the foot of the hill that the castle sits upon is a park. You can see small winged children rushing about , playing under the watchful guard of their parents. Most of the people are white skinned , the ellithyri you had met earlier, but some of them are black skinned, like a drow. While they had the wings and horns the ellithyri do, they also possessed a long tail with a dangerous looking barbed tip. However, when one passes you, he merely smiles and nods at you as he goes by. You can see the market place up ahead, merchants vending their wares in booths, as well as customers heading in and out of shops. Far ahead of you, past the shops, you can vaguely see the docks , and the ships .

ooc...if you like Lance, Sabaal has made us a lovely map of the island. Just scroll back in the out of character forum to see it.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance strides down the small town, smiling at those who pass him. His silver hair has mostly dried and hangs across his shoulders, the large black cloak flows around him like a wisp of cloud and his platinum armor is visible beneath it.
"Lovely island, Shaelzin. Don't you think?" Lance asks the little dragon.
Shaelzyn purrs in response.
"Yes, most people are inhospitable to those who are different but these Nymaru treated me kindly even after I intruded in their castle. Perhaps it is because they are a combination of different bloodlines?"
Shaelzin chirps.
"Yes, surely. I wonder if the Council knows about this place. Bahamut surely does. He is, after all, the diety of all good dragonkind and these Nymaru have draconic blood, albeit very little of it"
As Lance and Shaelzin talks the ships get larger as they are approaching. After a while Lance reaches the port, he can see the captain, the dwarf and the rest of the crew a bit away. Confidently he goes to them.
"Hah! Good to see that someone else reached this island alive, captain. Lance Dragonmar, I was aboard the ship when the storm struck but was washed overboard. Luckily I managed to reach this island on my own altrough it took a bit longer for me than for you, captain. Now, what has happened since you reached this island?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Nedylene":1ptt4cii]ooc..last post in here..
[t:1ptt4cii]Zaklathan's eyes take on a shape resembling a saucer at the sight og ibn in the black dress.He goes to swallow , and chokes.He finally manages to contain himself and offers an arm to Ibn.
[t:1ptt4cii]"Shall we go, my Lady?"
[t:1ptt4cii]He croaks, the leather breeches he is wearing seem to be having some trouble holding down the prominent bulge rising up from beneAth them.[/quote:1ptt4cii]

(OOC: remember this character has the gift of the succubus although she doesn't know it. I don't know if Raven and Makasta go with Ibn, but I'm assuming they do)

As I go out of the house and see Zaklathan's face I blush a little... if a blushing can be noticed with my dark skin, and I look down and then, as I notice the bulge I smile slightly.

"Yes, my gentleman" I answer to him when he offers his arm and take it gracefully and walk by his side to teh ceremony, my hips moving gracefully from one side to the other while my tail follows the motion behind while the silky white hair flowing some with the breeze and trying to feel comfortable with the dress. My breasts bouncing slightly with every step I take and that does make me feel embarrassed as while we walk I look from one side to the other, conscious that a lot of Ellithiry and Nymaru eyes are on my dark and slender self right now. I breath deeply, trying to hide my embarrasment and keep walking. I hold Zaklathan's arm close to my body while we walk.

"Zak... tonight I'll be there at 8. If you're interested go. If you don't show up I'll know you're not interested and I won't bother you any more" I whisper at him as we get to the docs.

Once there and I see Captain Bolden I look at him and wave "Captain!" I smile and then I see he's with other people I don't know, but if they're speaking with him I guess is alright.

I bow to each of them "Good afternoon, captains."I talk to both captains in the docks "Zaklathan here told me that there will be a ceremony for our friends, captain, and so I wanted to come." I smile to the little draconic being with the man with silver hair "Oh, Hello..." I lift my gloved hand to touch him, but then I hear Pajarito and raise it to recieve my own flying friend.

"Oh, looks like Pajarito wanted to give his respects as well" the small raptor lands in my arm and I pet him. "Oh, Captain Bolden, this is Zaklathan" I smile while I introduce Zaklathan to the captain "he helped me against some idiots that assaulted me this morning, and this is Pajarito, my familiar. Go and say hello, Pajarito" and I let him fly to the captain if he wants and then come back to me.

My ocean blue eyes go to look at the man with silver hair "I'm Ibn and came with the Jade Star. I'm the watch, nice to meet you, mister..." and I trail off as I don't know the name of the man who I'm talking to.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance bows graciously and smiles at Ibn.
"...Lance Dragonmar, my lady. I am, among other things, a humble servant of Eilistraee and a vassal of the dragon king Bahamut. A pleasure to meet you, Ibn. And this.."
he motions at the little miniature dragon sitting at his shoulder "...is Shaelzyn, a pseudodragon and companion of mine. I actually came with the ship as well although I was washed overboard shortly after the storm begun. Luckily my cloak carries a blessing of the goddess which allows its wearer to fly for some time. That time was enough to get here, barely"
Shaelzyn chirps something
"No, Shaelzyn. I do not think so and it wouldn't be polite to ask"
Lance replies and turns back to Ibn.
"My apologies, Shaelzyn sometimes has poor understanding of human behavior, not that I blame him though"
He laughs a bit a Shaelzyn's comment but doesn't explain what the dragon said.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I chuckle a bit and then answer "Mr. Dragonmar... apologies accepted, but why do you apologise? as I don't know what your friend there sayed there's no need to apology, besides... I'm not human at all, but ellithiri" I grin, showing a pair of sharp, vampirelike canines, and pointing to the black horns in my forehead "I guess you can see the difference. Almost all the humans I've met are nice, though... and I also follow two godesses: Eilistraee and Mystra, as a good Sorcerer that I am"

I look at the captain, who's been very quiet since I waved him hello and hold Zaklathan's hand while I still have Pajarito in my other arm, and talk to Captain Bolden "Yes, I guess I do look a little strange in a dress. Is something a woman does not wear much while in the sea and less when she's the only feminine member of the crew."
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance chuckles a bit
"Of course, sometimes I forget that not everyone can understand draconic, especially not Shaelzyn's accent. And I am not human either, Ibn, although I might look that way. Actually I am a Dragonborn, my mother was a silver dragon and I have inherited a few draconic powers and some asthetic ones"
Lance touches his hair as a he says his last words.
"it is good to meet another follower of the Dark Maiden, I rarely meet others of my faith and even more rarely those who worship two dieties"
Lance turns to the captain.
"Captain, I am sorry but I am at a loss of what has passed since we was seperated, perhaps you can brief me?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Lance as you speak first eyes turn to you to reply. "Lance, We thought you were lost with the others. The ship is hulled, but time for details later. We are waiting for all that wish to see Kendal and those not found laid to the bosom of the sea."

Ibn Eyes turn to you and Raven ((OOC: I have to infer he is with you)). "All is ready but for the final boarding. You shall board with Zaklathan, whom sounds a worthy escott for you. Raven next. Then Master Ironhammer and final myself and the Captain of this Ship the Dark Maiden"

Eyes study the gathered late comers and their friends* "It is time to set the sails. The seas call for our crew."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3h9j7kja]So you board the ship and set out into the seas , illuminated as they are by the setting sun, which sets a glow of colors across the waters. Near the docks the waters are so clean and blue you can see myriad small fish, in all the colors of the rainbow, darting around the ship. When you get a bit further out, a giant dark shape moves beneath the ship, although it is far below you, it releases a wake that jolts the entire large ship.
[t:3h9j7kja]" Ready when you are , Captain."
[t:3h9j7kja]The nymaru captain says , and orders his own men to stand at attention.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: I'm also assuming he comes with us, and I assume Makasta comes as well)

As lance talks about not everyone speaking in Draconic I smile at him and speak directly to Shaelzyn this time in perfect draconic.

"Is not that I don't speak it. I just didn't hear you" I smile at the little fellow and when Captain Bolden speaks as how to get on board I smile at him and answer in common this time.

"Yes, Captain, but what about Makasta?" I say while getting on board and whisper to Zaklathan, cheerfully "You see? he thinks you're a worthy escourt" and hope to hear an answer from him.

As we get on board I go to do whatever is needed for the ceremony, to help in the final rest of our friend.