Nymaru Island

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nymaru Island

Post by Nedylene »

90 miles west of the Sword Coasts sits an island. Shrouded in magic, even if ships managed to come into sight of it, only the most skilled of sailors could make it through the reefs to the islands harbours.But if they managed, a great surprise would be in store for them.
A bountiful island of forests, fresh water and abundant game, there is also a bustling village with shops and a market hawking wares from all over Faerun.
In the middle of the island is a castle, complete with high towers that overlook the entire island,it is surrounded by large guards.
But if a simple sailor managed to land upon the island, the inhabitors of it would be the most surprising. Large men and women with horns, claws, and massive wings live here, and go about their lives in secret, safe upon their magically warded home. Occasionally the sailor might see slightly smaller people who he might take as tall drow on first sight, until he sees the wings, the horns, the claws, and the long sweeping barbed tails.
But as secret as they may be, they are friendly to the rare few who manage to stumble upon their island, and prove to be as hospitable as they are strange looking. Anyone who stayed would leave with tales of these powerful people that would be to most too strange to be believed.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

It is nighttime, and the village is sleeping before her. She watches as one by one, the lights in the village go out and all that is left is the lights carried by the city watch.She is perched on a tower by the castle.
Like a bird she sits, her massive white wings held out for balance. If one looks closely they will see that she is barefoot , and the arches of her feet are much higher than a normal humanoids, allowing her to crouch comfortably in this manner.
She appears to be waiting for something, as she peruses the town before her. Reaching into her pouch she pulls out a piece of parchment. It appears to be a missive , writen in 2 tongues that most would not be able to read. It is written in celestial and illytharese. If one can read these tongues it states
" All who can read and understand, gather together in our truest
safe place. For the hour is at hand and we are needed. Meet at
The Jade Cup ."
She sighs and slips the missive back into her pouch, leaping from the tower she soars out into the moonlit night, heading for the only building in town that is still brightly illuminated.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*A large storm brews in the warrm seas, the winds and waters rise and fall at whim of the deities or fate itself. One of many ships or boats caught in the temper of the sea is a small boat of but a few travelers. Battered by the will of the winds and with small draft reefs less a concern for the small crew of people. Perhaps the fates will safely bring the boat to the island or maybe just some with it, all face death right now in the temper of the storm.*
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The winds of the strom might reach the island as she flies toward The Jade Star, the sailors on the small ship care not about the weather effecting the island that they do not know they are headed to. The tides rise on the shores of the island as the sailors seek to keep the boat afloat at the whims of the fates. The sail tatters taking with it two trying to tend to them, swept out to the waters of the salt watered sea. Those still on the ship having no way to even try to rescue those gone overbroad, many not even seeing the lost people to the sea as they hundle under the winds with a few brave tending the helm, the brave tending the sails now missing.

The very bones of the ship groan as the waves toss it over some of the reefs, though the sea and wind has its own will. At times the keel of the ship lands on top of a reef, the hull leaking begins slow but inceases . The nagagator seeing one bright light tries to steer for it as he knows the ship is sinking. Lives lost if even making the beach might be half of the crew and passengers. Besides ordering all to prepare for sinking as best they can (and as best message can be given to crew and passangers, the winds and storm itself preventing full comunication) orders torches to be lite in the final call of distress. The oil lite touches carry a symbol of distress, a ship sinking, though the symbols is not a world wide one (Some will understand the call for help, others will not).
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The woman drops down in front of the tavern just as the full brunt of the storm sweeps the island.She shiver and heads into the warm, lit tavern.
She has no sooner sat herself down and ordered a [i:28fxl4t6]gorm deamhan crau[/i:28fxl4t6] when she hears the watch shout,
"Distress call! "
She runs back out into the storm and looks out to sea, seeing the floundering light of a distress call.
One of the guards notices her and runs over,
"Your majesty, should we send out some of the men for the passengers?"
She nods and the watch hurries out.About 20 of the largest, strongest members of the militia lift into the air, battling the wind and rain as they sweep out towards the sinking ship. Their giant leathery wings enable them to propel through even the worst of weather and within minutes she can vaguely see them circling the sinking ship.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The crippled ship still driven by the winds toward the island, half filled with water causes many to jump into the waves, some climb the mast just trying to get further away from the killing water. The chance for aid, no only slim that any are near, but unless the storm stoped now, a boarding line could not even be used. The captain of the ship looks about in the troch light and flases of lightning. His ship is lost, perhaps though some lives can still be saved. Pulling himself along the rails shoots instructions in the ears of crew and passangers found to take wood in there arms and debate the ship. Eyes cast up at those on the mast as the wind rips one of them away blowing them to the sea. There is no way to safely order those men to do anything odds are good their veery fear will cause thier deaths.*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The nymaru men see the sailors clinging to the masts and scoop up the frightened men under their arms, this way their struggles will not hamper the soldiers too much. They swoop down upon the men who have jumped into the waves and attempt to grab as many as they can from the frigid waters.One of the nymaru manages to grab both the captain, who is still shouting orders as he suddenly finds himself airborne and another sailor.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

ooc...let me finish this now that i have fixed my keyboard and my 2 key is no longer going apewire..lol...
They carry their terrified passengers back to the island and set them down on dry land, and another group of twenty soldiers goes out in the hopes that more can be rescued.
ooc...how many were on that ship?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The boat finally groungs near the island and starts to tip in the winds, cantering toward one side as the winds start to ease. Those resured by flying monsters stuggle in their grasp, but most are weak from battleling the storm itself and only a few have a weapon at all. The captain of the boat having both a sword and a dagger considers attacking the monster, but the result being a fall into the sea not a good one. It is better to wait until landed someplace even a nest.*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

After pulling as many as they can from the frigid waters, the soldiers head back onto land with the passengers.
The sailors can see that they are on a large island, all about them are homes and businesses. familiar things, although the signs are written in a tongue they do not recognize.
A young woman, strange like the rest of the winged creatures, with horns, white skin and claws , seems to be directing the armored men who have brought them here. She then approaches the refugees.
" I am Princess Mara Willowsong. This is Nymaru Island...Do not be afraid, we may seem strange to you, but we mean you no harm.Follow me into the tavern and we shall see to it that you recieve dry clothing , medical attention and food."
Her words are strangely accented, but she speaks common well. Her face is young and pretty and she seems very kind and sincere in what she says. She beckons them into the bright lit tavern.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

* the captain studies you and the others as you speak. Bows head to you*

Princess, the offer of food and aid can not be refused. I am Boled, Captain of the Seabreeze. That sailing days appear to be over. We will follow you.

*The lank human perpars to enter the tavern following your lead. The crew and passagers are clearly not all human.*

OOC: call for crew and/or passengers.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Nymaru Island

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=midnightblue:14dr8159]A loan figure emerges from the wreckage of the ship, wrapped tightly in his dripping wet cloak, and walks up next to the captain as he speaks with the lady, waiting for them to finish. [i:14dr8159][b:14dr8159]Sorry about that sir, but I had to collect my weapons, you know how much I care for them.[/b:14dr8159][/i:14dr8159]

He then stares around at the town ahead of them, taking in every thing that he can lay his eyes on, not knowing whether he can trust these strange people or not. He then turns his attention to the woman and pulls back his cloak, revealing bright blue eyes, a bit red tinged at the moment due to it being night time, long white hair, and almost black skin. Bowing he introduces himself to the lady. [i:14dr8159][b:14dr8159]Raven Stargazer, my lady. Warrior and crew member aboard Captain Boleds' ship.[/b:14dr8159][/i:14dr8159]

He then turns back to the captain, bowing respectfully to him as well. [i:14dr8159][b:14dr8159] I'm gonna go check on the rest of the crew and the passengers sir, so that you can be free to discuss things over witht the lady here.[/b:14dr8159][/i:14dr8159] He turns toward the woman again, offering her a brief smile as he walks away, opening a long bundle and checking the two swords that are so precious to him, as well as the bow and quiver of arrows that he had stored in there.

Some may think it a bit weird, but he puts almost as much effort in to carring for those weapons as he does in caring for himself and the others on the ship, crew and passengers alike.[/color:14dr8159]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The woman leads them into the tavern , allowing them to sit themselves around the large warm fire place that is burning in the back. She fires off some words in her strange tongue, and the waiter nods and hurries off to a conjescent room, that from the delightful smells of cooking food must be the kitchen.
Some soldiers enter with large parcels that they unwrap and start handing out to the crew. It is clothing, that although much too large, are none the less warm and dry, and direct the crew members to several rooms in which they may change their clothing.
When they return there are healers waiting to aid any that have been injured, although the more severely injured of the rescued passengers are not here.
Food has been placed down on the tables, warm bowls of steaming stew, and thick crusty loaves of bread , await them.One of the waiters places a large bottle upon the table. Princess Maras eyes widen and she reaches out to snatch up the bottle before any of the refugees takes it. She snaps something at the waiter that interprets clearly as an insult of some type, and he blushes and replies the bottle with another.
Mara sits herself down beside the captain and pours herself a draught of the snatched up bottle.The liquor that comes out is a thick , viscous blue, and looks ( and smells) quite unpleasant.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She waits until the captain has eaten and the warrior man who called himself Stargazer has finished fiddling with his weapons and sat himself down to speak.
"You will all be tended to here, and my men will assist you in the building of a new ship.In return, I believe that there may be something you can do for us. "
She looks over at Stargazer,who she doesnt believe has heard her introduction,
"I am Princess Mara Willowsong. You appear to be a warrior of some sort, and there may be something you can do expecially for me."
She smiles at him then, and her top and bottom incisors are wickedly sharp, but the smile is none the less quite sensual, despite the involuntary shiver that the fangs produce.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Nymaru Island

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=midnightblue:33wx2pck]Raven turns his head to the princess as she speaks, giving her a smile of his own, showing pearly white teeth beneth those dark lips. [i:33wx2pck][b:33wx2pck]After the captain and I have made sure that the rest of the crew and the passengers that were found is okay, I'd be happy to repay the debt, Your Highness.[/b:33wx2pck][/i:33wx2pck] He then lays the bundle on the table and pulls out two magnificently crafted bastard swords, both special in their own way, but nowhere near as powerful as the Moonblades he hopes one day to weild in the Dark Maidens deffense.

After examining his blades, the great long bow, and his arrows he turns back to the Princess, giving her a polite bow. [i:33wx2pck][b:33wx2pck]Yes ma'am, I am a warrior. Before I met up with the captain, I studied the ways of the Ranger, learning as much as I could. I'm skilled with both my baldes and my bow and arrows. I also studuied for some time in the fighting school of Menzoberanzen, Melee Mag'there. Fortunatley for me, I was smart enough to keep from making too many enemies. The matron didn't like this, she had me beat daily, saying I was too soft, but I did manage to graduate, and took the top spot in the General Melee the last year, deciding it was time for me to play it smarter. I slipped from the group I was with on a surface raid, them thinking I'd been killed. No one knows any different and I'd preffer to keep it that way.[/b:33wx2pck][/i:33wx2pck]

After making this long speach to the princess, he turns back to the captain, whom should actually be staring at him in a bit of shock, this being the first time that he has told his story to anyone. [i:33wx2pck][b:33wx2pck]Once upon the surface, I sought out the group that I observed dancing through a crystal ball in my time at Sorcere, the school of mages. It took me many years to find such a group, but when I did, I fell to the ground in tears before the Dark Maidens clerics, begging them to let me follow her. They took me in,and from that point forth, my weapons have only been raised in the deffense of myself, those I call friend, and those that need protection. I follow the Maidens code as closely as I can, and in most cases, that's a bit too close for some peoples views.[/b:33wx2pck][/i:33wx2pck]

After saying his piece, Raven digs into the meal set before him as if he were ravenous, or expecting not to see too many more meals like this with the prospect of the pricesses task that she has for him in the future.[/color:33wx2pck]