Nymaru Island

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The slap on the back well noted, walks with Ironmammer to theback eoom. With the door being closed and the sound muted draws a tankard of ale for Ironhammer and himself. Eyes watching from time to time the crew and passengers as they mingle and speak with each other. Eyes do look toward Lance and Ibn having overhread the words spoken in common wonders if a fight will ensue between them of their familars. Relaxes some as Ibn tells Pajarito to go hunting.

Handing Ironhammer one tankard.

"Yes let us sit and you tell me your very interesting tale."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:13h4yxh0]"Well, now, lad..i ken ye wanted to hear a how a fine speciman a dwarf such as meself came to this strange isle a weird folk.I was born and reared in Waterdeep, the first born son in a long line of dwarven shipwrights. I learned me family trade, and learned it well, working side by side with me da making the finest ships in all faerun.But as I reached me manhood, it simply wasn't enough. I wanted to see things and go places, and mayhaps knock a few heads flat with my warhammer. Me da saw I was anxious and gave me his blessing and a bag a coins. So I left , accompanyed by the sounds a me ma and sisters sobbin'. But I knew I would never be content locked away in city walls.I traveled for several years took some companions, lost some companions, got rich and blew it all away gambling.Typical adventurers life. Well then I met this lady.'
[t:13h4yxh0]You can see beneath his beard the dwarf's face seems to redden substantially.
[t:13h4yxh0]"Ah, she was a looker. Skin like milk and the strongest sword arm I have ever seen on a woman. She could drink like a man and curse like a sailor and stole me heart the moment I laid eyes on her. But I knew she was not for me, for an elven lass she was and would never take such as meself , but ah..I was nuts about her. Followed her everywhere she went, just waiting for a chance to show her I was more than just a stupid little dwarf. Well, I got my chance. She was captured one night by drow raiders, and I, led by my foolish heart and urged on by my stupid pride, followed the ba$*@^(!$ into the underdark to retrieve my beloved. Didnt work as ye can imagine. I just got caught meself, locked in a cage about to be relegated into slavery by the stinkin' duergar."
[t:13h4yxh0]"But it seems the Gods were on me side , for shortly before we reached the city the raiders were attacked . I though it were by an opposin' drow house, merely seeking to steal their slaves. But then I saw the wings, the tails. 'Twas ellithyri that rescued me that night, in the battle I managed to excape and was wounded badly. The ellithyri took me here , for it held the closest temple to be had and they knew I needed to be healed quickly or I would die. Saved my life they did, and in my gratitude I stayed. Built there ships and had a hand in fortifying the castles walls as well.They are a good bunch a people, the ellithyri and the nymaru. Saved my life and the lives of more people than can be counted, because ye see lad, thats what they do.They help Faerun, and allow others to take the credit for it."
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance return with a few cups and unbottle the flask with dragon ambrosia.
"This is nice, the drinks from Draconus are always of the highest quality. Shalezyn, would you?"
Lance suddenly remembers himself.
"Forget it, by the way. I remember what happened last time you drank"
Shaelzyn looks angrily at Lance.
"Don't blame me, you telepathy went berserk and I am quite sure everyone in the room could hear what everyone was thinking. Somehow dragon ambrosia and pseudodragons doesn't mix up well"
Lance looks at Ibn.
"Ibn, would you like some?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As Shaelzyn talked in my mind, in common, and I don't know any telepathy, I answer speaking to him.

"I'm a person who forgives easily when the apology is sincere, Shaelzyn, and as for those humanoids customs I'm sure you'll get used to them soon. Sometimes females just like to flirt with men, but sometimes they really mean to actually do something. In my case I'm not looking for something casual. I want someone to be by my side... someone to love and is not very easy to find in times like this and with the life I have" she, then, looks at the amulet and then to the pseudodragon again and smiles "You're very kind of giving me this... although you didn't need to make me such a gift I'll use it prowdly" and she puts the amulet in her neck.

When Lance comes to us and tells me his companion must really like me and that he must trust me because he's using telepathy I grin and answer "Then I'll have to make sure I won't betray that trust" and caress the pseudodragon's back of his neck softly.

"He's a good friend, Lance... like me and Pajarito. He's a good raptor and usually brings me gifts when he goes hunting... mostly mices and small dead animals. That's his way to show me he loves me, although he doesn't need to. He has been with me ever since I entered the magick tower to learn and stayed with me by his own free will. Talking of which, he should come back soon. Perhaps him and Shaelzyn will become friends as well"

When lance leaves and Shaelzyn explains the meaning of the amulet to me I listen carefully and answer "I'll work to deserve this honour... brother. Thank you."

When Lance comes back with the cups I still have my bottle of blue and I'm already serving some in my glass. And when he talks about the last time Shaelzyn drank dragon ambrosia I chuckle.

"I don't know what that drink is. I'd liek to try it, although I don't know if it'd be a good idea. It smells like a strong drink, and I'm already having Blue."she looks at her bottle and puts the cork back on it "Oh, well... I already payed for the bottle so I can take it home later. Let's try your Ambrosia... I don't know how your body would react with Blue, or else I'd offer you some, but is not very legal to give blue to non nymaru. I'm sorry" and I put the glass with Blue away and wait to taste the new beverage.

[i:2nt7x9x1]"Perhaps I'll use this later, when I'm with Zaklathan"[/i:2nt7x9x1] I think to myself. Perhaps Shaelzyn can hear my thoughts with his telepathy, and so I wink at him.

"This reminds me of a night when I was a little down. I was in the watch post, and looking the reflex of the moon in the water. One of the friends who we just buried came to make me some company. he had a couple of bottles of Rhum and 2 glasses and we drunk it all. he thought he could get me drunk with that, but I knew I couldn't get drunk with Rhum and so he ended up drunk while I was still in my 5 senses. Anyways, we ended up laughing and making jokes and we laughed so hard that the captain of the ship came up to see what was all that mess about. He was a little upset, so we tried to look serious but failed terribly. That was an awesome night! you should have seen him drunk, trying to get down the stairs and when I tried to reach and help him down he stretched his hand to hold mine and lost balance. he fell into the ocean and I had to polimorph to my natural form to take him out of there. He couldn't stop laughing and I was so glad that the next day he didn't remember my true form! he believed it when I told him I lifted him using one of the emergency boats, lol"
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance pours a glass of dragon ambrosia and hands to Ibn.
"Dragon ambrosia is designed purely to please the taste although some small bit of draconic blood is required to be able to drink it. Dragon blood is usually quite lethal when mixed into a drink but if a very small amount of blood is mixed in a very large amount of drink it is quiete enjoyable for those with draconic blood. Except pseudodragons, that is. For some reason their powers act...oddly when they drink dragon ambrosia. Since the Nymaru have some amount of draconic blood it should be no problem for you, however"

The second Ibn taste the ambrosia it is, simply put, like tasting the heavens. It is not intoxicating but the senses are overwhelmed by pure beauty and goodness. The sensation lasts only for a second before it fades away but is powerful nonetheless.
"Silver dragon" Lance remarks "its soul and its nature, that is what dragon ambrosia is: tasting the true nature of a dragon"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Listens to Ironhammer's story, sipping his drink making sure the Drawf has a filled drink all the time. At the conculsion of the story nods head.

"Indeed my friend I can understand why you would have affection for these peple, and if they fly you about from time to time." With a smile stands. "please continues to enjoy the eve, for tommorrow we have much work ro do. I should circulate with the others with words and see how they are doing. If posible I will return soon to talk more with you."

Starts to move amoung the gathered people, speaking softly to those that desire to speak, sometimes just offering an arm grasp in comradship. in time stands next to Ibn and Lance.

"How goes it with you two?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

The second I taste the ambrosia and my senses get so overwhelmed I lay my head back and then shake it as the sensation fades away. I look at Lance with my eyes wide open, in pure surprise.

"WHOA!" I smile slowly "That was awesome... addictive but awesome"

And when the captain comes and asks if everything's alright I look at him with the same surprised expression.

"Oh, yes, Cap, everything's fine. I was telling Lance and Shaelzyn an anecdote that happened once, do you remember? when you came up to the watch post because me and [color=blue:1yv7iosh](Sorry, I don't remember the name that Bhaern sayed of the guy that loved to make jokes, one of the dead friends. That's the name Ibn says here)[/color:1yv7iosh] were laughing so hard that could be heard by everyone down? and you asked what was going on and he was half drunk? then he fell to the ocean and I had totake him out of there. Noone saw me flying that night and I told everyone I took the boats to take him out" I take a chair and pat it for the captain to seat down there "Would you take a seat and share with us? we're sharing stories and drinks :) "
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance takes a sip himself and close his eyes as the sensation comes. Then it is gone.
"Yes, dragon ambrosia can be somewhat...addictive sometimes. But if you drink it right there are no worries. It is very rare, forunately, so it is hard to actually get addictive to it. Only the denizens of Draconus can actually make it so..."
Lance sees the captain come.
"Yes, why don't you have a seat, captain? You can probably not drink this drink but I have other liqours without so harsh requirements"
Shalezyn chirps something
"Excuse me, Shaelzyn? That was outright rude. You know why you are not supposed to drink dragon ambrosia, do you want everyone in the room to hear what everyone else is thinking at the same time?"
Shaelzyn hisses something.
"Hardly, apology accepted"
Lance turns his head to Ibn and the captain.
"I am sorry, he is just a little bit...disappointed because he can't drink the dragon ambrosia, that's all"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1i45wdwt]Ironhammer merely nods at the captain when he makes his farewells and goes back to his drinking.He seems far away , lost in thought perhaps.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Ibn nods to you "It is good you are fine I was concerned a little about" hesitates a moment "The little ones" . Eyes glance to Shaelzyn as taking a seat Ibn offered brfor continueing. "Yes I do recall that eve that Kendal and you had been on watch an he got wet. Many things have changed since then. I will share stories if you wish, but as for drinks I am content with my ale."

Lance the last comment is in part directed to you as well, the declning of other drink. His eyes turn more directly to you now as speaking contimues. "Little ones at times are like children, still learning. But to the question you asked before, what has happened since you washed overboard. The winds and the wave drove the Jade Star onto a reef, she is hulled and her keel broke. Some of the cargo has been saced, the rest likely to be held b the sea. Master Ironhammer" Glances to indicate the drawf that appears to be lost in thought. *Has already made arangements for the ship to be repaired. It is quite posible the Jade Star will fly within the next few days,"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I look at Shaelzyn when the captain mentions the little ones.

"Shaelzyn and I solved it and now we're friends, and Lance is a really good person. I'm enjoying their company here. Pajarito will be here shortly, after he finishes hunting something to eat. I wonder if he will bring me any "gift" this time" I grin and chuckle "Perhaps he will as we haven't seen each other in so long, hahaha"

As he mentions the repair of the ship by Master Ironhammer I listen carefully and nod.

"Perhaps I could help as well?" then I think on something and grimace "There is a certain... ceremony I'll have to go through, although I don't know when it will be, but I'm trying to avoid it as much as I can"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3rljn11k]The door leading out to the main tavern opens abruptly. A elithyri male walks in. He looks grim and worried, and hurries over towards Ibn.
[t:3rljn11k]When Zaklathan reaches the table she is sitting at he says softly,
[t:3rljn11k]"I am sorry to interrupt, but I must speak with you, Ibn."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As I see zaklathan comming in I look at him and smil, but seing he looks so concerned I quickly turn serious and listen, then I look at Lance, captain Bolden and Shaelzzyn.

"Please, excuse me, I think I have to go" then I get up from the seat and hold zaklathan's arm, to follow him.

"What's wrong?" I look at him very concerned while we walk to wherever he's taking me.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:w6s822jo]Zaklathan runs aclawed hand through his long white hair,
[t:w6s822jo]"There has been a problem at the castle.I ..I won't be able to meet you tonight.Before you ask, the princess is fine, but the other princess, her little sister, has been missing for some time, and she has just came back.She brings..troubling news. The crowned princess would like to speak to you all, but did not wish to interrupt your gathering. If you could ask everyone to meet back at the castle when they are ready she would appreciate it. I .. Damnit Ibn..there always seems to be something.But I have sworn a vow to them.I have to go."
[t:w6s822jo]He turns to leave, but stops abruptly, spinning around and taking you in his arms , kissing you hard and fast before you have time to respond.
[t:w6s822jo]He looks down at you, a feat few men are tall enough to do, and you see something inside his shirt. Something that glows brightly. His eyes glow just as bright, with a fierce protectiveness that the males of your species are known for. But he shakes his head and turns from you, heading quickly out the door.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

As Ibn leaves Lance turns to Shaelzyn.
"Who could have thought that, an entire island of people who at least partially shares the High Blood?"
Shaelzyn purrs agreeingly in response.
"True, but doesn't the council need to know about this, as soon as possible?"
Shaelzyn chirps.
"It IS important, the prophecy is coming, whether we wish it or not and it calls ALL of dragonkind. If we do not do something these people will, sooner or later, be caught up in the vortex of destiny. They must be prepared, all of dragonkind knows about this but I do not know if the Nymaru does. I need to speak with council member Zephelarph, tonight"
Shaelzyn stares at Lance at hisses lowly.
"It is not a trivial matter. They deserve to know. Even if we help them I would do them a rather poor service if I didn't inform them of a greater event, don't you think"
Shaelzyn is silent for a few seconds and the chirps in agreement.
"Good, tonight then. You, me and the council member. Make sure no one else is aware, we'll meet in the Dreamscape as usual"
And then he returns to his drink.