Nymaru Island

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

"Indeed a strange land" Lance mutters to himself "It looks like I am not the only one with wings, I will try draconic and see if he understands it."
Lance bows, clears his throat and speaks in flawless draconic:
"My good man, you probably my presence here strange. I have struggled against the storm the best part of the night and landed on the highest place I could see. I traveled with the ship Jadestar and I wonder if anyone here knows anything about the ship's fate" he pauses a bit "and I assure you that I mean no harm, I am merely a traveler even trough I may seem like an intruder. I am also a vassal of Bahamut and a servant of dragonkind altrough I am do not know if you shares my bloodline".
He holds his breath, hoping it will not resort to violence. Shaelzin, obviously agitated, hisses.
"Don't worry, anyone of the blood would understand the sacred language. Trough I admit I have never seen someone like him in my entire life"
Lance holds his breath and waits for the guard's aswer if any.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:20xin25k]The man stares at you for a moment, obviously stunned , before responding in flawless draconic.
[t:20xin25k]"Dragon born you say, but not one of us. Peculiar this is. A ship wrecked on the shore here last night, and the survivors are all here.This is Nymaru island, and so long as you mean no harm you are welcome here. I can speak the common if you are more comfortable with it."
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance relaxes visibly and switches to speaking common:
"I prefer common, trough I am comfortable with either language. It is good to hear that the ship reached this island, I am glad that the goddess didn't just held her hand over me this night. I certainly mean no harm to anyone on this island even trough I must had seemed a bit like an intruder landing on the battlements like that"
Lance smiles.
"Very well, I would very much like to speak to the other survivors if it is possible"
Realizing that he still has his wings Lance laughs, focuses, and the wings grow into the back again.
"Sorry about that, my natural form does not have wing trough I can create them if I wish"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2ippb31x]He looks startled again when your wings disappear,
[t:2ippb31x]"I wish I could do that, it would make leaving the island much easier."
[t:2ippb31x]He flexes his own large white wings a bit as he leads you down from the battlements. The sun is just starting to set and the island is awash with colors. A red sky meaning good weather tomorrow.
[t:2ippb31x][b:2ippb31x][i:2ippb31x]Out at sea..by the JadeStar
[/i:2ippb31x][/b:2ippb31x]

[t:2ippb31x]As the sun is starting to set you can see that as much of the salvage that can be done has been. The nymaru captain takes you aside to speak to you,
[t:2ippb31x]"It would not be safe for us to continue any longer. Is there anything more you wished to do here before we head back to port?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Nods, it is a good days work that has been completed.

"We need to return to shore for the body of the fallen in any case A good days work. You of course are welcome to attend the service for him and the missing."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:13tlimfr]"If you wish to hold the service here on the ship I grant my permission. Or the docks, wherever you prefer."
[t:13tlimfr]He says , as both crews assemble on the ship and you all head back towards port.
[t:13tlimfr]"I believe the princess has already contacted a priest and priestess for the ceremony, if you wish to use their services. Your departed crew member was not a follower of Tempes, Kelemvor or Elistraee was he? If he was the service can be handled by a priest or priestess of his preference."
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance smiles at the guard.
"Sure it would but my wings are not permanent, mind you" Shaelzyn interrupts by chirping at Lance.
"yes, yes, I know you can fly perfectly well" Lance says to the little dragon.
"He is a bit small but he sures has the spirit of the dragon. It was quite a wonder that I could navigate trough the storm. So tell me, my friend, whose castle is this?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"In general, we do not follow any of those, though Raven, my number one, doea follow Eilistraee. " Glances to the sky and then the harber. "I think a few hundred yeards from the dock will serve"

*Watches the dock a it draws nearer.*

"Captain, it should take about 15 minutes to load my fallen. The Princess has been invited as well as Master Irinfist. I think we should wait 30 minutes before setting to sea again."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[b:1lbdjj15][i:1lbdjj15]At the docks...[/i:1lbdjj15][/b:1lbdjj15]

[t:1lbdjj15]As you get to the docks the captain says,
[t:1lbdjj15]"Of course, we would be honored to join your ceremony, being sailors ourselves. Some of my guards and myself should be present. I shall send a message up to the castle stating you are ready to begin."
[t:1lbdjj15]As the two of you exit the ship one of the city guards lands and rushes up towards the two of you.
[t:1lbdjj15]"Captain.."
[t:1lbdjj15]He says with a brisk salute, the man is panting and has obviously hurried over here.
[t:1lbdjj15]"Yes?"
[t:1lbdjj15]"There has been another assassination attempt, this time on the princess herself."
[t:1lbdjj15]"Good Gods..is she alright?"
[t:1lbdjj15]"Yes, Captain, she subdued the assassin with little assistance from us, but once again, the individual managed to destroy himself before we could get any answers out of him."
[t:1lbdjj15]The captain sighed,
[t:1lbdjj15]"At least she is alright. I am assuming she will be calling another council with the guard officers tonight?"
[t:1lbdjj15]"Yes sir."
[t:1lbdjj15]"Well please report back and tell her our guest is ready to begin his ceremony for his fallen, also I believe the shipwright wished to be contacted regarding this matter as well."
[t:1lbdjj15]He turns to look at you then,
[t:1lbdjj15]"Was there anyone else you wished to have contacted?"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[b:1xvh33b0][i:1xvh33b0]at the castle[/i:1xvh33b0][/b:1xvh33b0]

[t:1xvh33b0]"This is the home of our ruling family, The Willowsongs. Our race is a matriarchy, overseen by a queen and her consorts, but most of our laws are decided by a council."
[t:1xvh33b0]He answers you as the two of you descend the steps from the battlements into the castle proper.Suddenly, you hear a commotion coming from below.
[t:1xvh33b0]"Excuse me, "
[t:1xvh33b0]The guard says,
[t:1xvh33b0]"I hear trouble, I must hurry below. But please, continue descending until the steps end and you see a door. Go through it and enter the third room on the left. Someone will join you there shortly."
[t:1xvh33b0]He rushes away from you then , down the stairs and out of sight.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

[i:2h7tr328]Indeed a strange land[/i:2h7tr328] Lance thinks to himself.
Shaelzin chirps something at Lance as they descend the stairs.
"What do you have against females, Shaelzin? To the contrary matriarchies sometimes work even better than traditional kingdoms"
He grins.
"Well, except for the lolthians of course. You shouldn't be so conservative, my mother is a dragon too you know and she is probably the wisest person I know"
Lance thinks for a bit a then says to Shaezlin:
"but don't you find it strange that these Nymaru are unknown to the Dragon Council even trough they carry dragon blood. Their draconic bloodline is mixed with other bloodlines but still even a drop of the True Blood is a blessing. Perhaps I should talk to the queen about this if I get the honor of meeting her?"
Shaelzin purrs.
"Yes, it is good that we think the same. Now let's proceed"
Lance follows the guard's instructions, proceeding down the stairs,trough the door and into the third door to the left.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Listens to the converstaion that interrupted the few words spoken before the guard interupted.. Another attempt to kill, clearly a concern. Not much caring if these die, but that attacks will be made on his ship appears likely. The concern at report of the attack clearly shows on his face, though others might interper the concern about the current attack.

To the ship's last question an answer is given.

"Captain, If posible the invatation should be extended to the churches and anyone else that wish to pay respect to the fallen. Attendance however clearly not required even my crew are not required to attend. Once we return I would hope to have a section of the Jade Cup set aside for the mourners to drink to the memmery of our falled. I believe we salavaged enough to pay for food and drink. I want to sail his last vouage in fifthteen minutes."

On the docks two of the crew carry the body on the one fallen and waits for permission to board.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[b:rixiy8b2][i:rixiy8b2]By the docks[/i:rixiy8b2][/b:rixiy8b2]

[t:rixiy8b2]"Of course,"
[t:rixiy8b2]"Load your fallen.i am certain room can be made for you at the tavern. They have a back room there that can be set aside for such things."
[t:rixiy8b2]As your crew are loading your fallen member, you see the nymaru messenger return. He is flying low and carrying a very wild eyed dwarven shipwright under the arms. He sets the dwarf down gently and lands beside him.
[t:rixiy8b2]The dwarf lets out a long string of curses in his own tongue , finishing them with..in common..
[t:rixiy8b2]"I am neva' gonna let ye do that again.If me feet are gonna leave da groun' its gonna be safely on the deck o'a ship.Na danglin' in de air like a demmed freaky bird."
[t:rixiy8b2]"How do you think I feel?"
[t:rixiy8b2]The nymaru said, stretching out his back , which released a loud series of popping and cracking sounds.
[t:rixiy8b2]"You are not exactly a very light man, you know. Mayhaps you should lay off the ale and heavy meals for a while."
[t:rixiy8b2]The dwarf's face turned red with rage,
[t:rixiy8b2]"i'll have ye know there ain't an ounce a fat on me body. Muscle is heavy!"
[t:rixiy8b2]The shipwright suddnely seemed to remember he had company and straightened up and turned to face the two captains in front of him.
[t:rixiy8b2]"The princess sends her regrets. She canna' make yer ceremony , truth told her guards are na' lettin' her leave the castle. But if ye don' mind the company of an old man like meself..i am here and honored to be so."
[t:rixiy8b2]The nymaru captain turns to you and says,
[t:rixiy8b2]"Are you ready to sail back out again?"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[b:4y7gre2t][i:4y7gre2t]Inside the castle[/i:4y7gre2t][/b:4y7gre2t]

[t:4y7gre2t]The hallway at the end of the stairs is lined by portraits of women. At the far end of the hall the women in the portraits seem to be elves or half elves, but as the pictures continue , their subjects do as well. Changing into the race of the strange nymaru, as the guard had called himself. beside every females portrait is a portrait of a man, although as the hall continues the amount of men in the portraits multiply. When you reach the third door the portrait beside it is of a lovely nymaru woman. Beside her portrait is a portrait of three men. Oddly enough, two of the men are celestials, and the third, even more strangley , is very obviously a demon.
[t:4y7gre2t]When you enter the room you see it is a sitting room of some sort. Many comfortable chairs are strewn all about, and a fireplace is burning in the back. Some of the walls are lined with books, and tapestries depicting heroines in combat adorn the rest.
[t:4y7gre2t]You have not been in here long when you hear a door open behind you.
[t:4y7gre2t]A woman stands there, a nymaru woman, with white whings , horns and claws , like the guard you met.
[t:4y7gre2t]She smiles at you, and you can see the flash of fangs in her mouth.But none the less, the smile is gentle and kind. She seems to be in her early forties, human equivalent anyways, and speaks to you in soft common.
[t:4y7gre2t]"Welcome to Nymaru Isle, sir. My name is Mora, I am one of the princess's ladies in waiting.The princess sends her regrets that she is unable to speak to you at the moment, but she has sent me to answer any questions you might have. I assume you are a survivor from the Jade Star?"
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance bows politely with his head before answering.
"That I am, my lady. My name is Lance Dragonmar, Paladin, dragonborn and humble servant of Eilistraee and Bahamut. This is Shaelzin" Lance pats the little dragon on his shoulder on its head "I was washed overboard a shortly after the storm started and managed by sheer luck to navigate to this island. My cloak is blessed and grants its wearer the ability to fly for a limited amount of time but that time was enough to reach this island."
Lance looks around the room, seemingly a little bit confused.
"I am sorry if I am a little bit...disoriented but finding this island was quite a shock for me. I didn't expect an island to actually be here and I definetly did not expect it to be populated by Nymaru, a race I have never heard of before, no offense meant" Lance laughs when he thinks of something.
"Altrough I am not the most normal human in existence since I have equally balanced human and draconic blood but I am still suprised nevertheless. The guard I spoke with told me that your land was a matriarchy and a suspect that this island is fairly normal except from the fact that it inhabitant are Nymaru. But what I would really like to know is a little bit more about your people. I have never heard about the Nymaru before and the guard mentioned you had, among other things, draconic blood but I suspect there is more to it than that. Did the ship survive, by the way?"