Nymaru Island

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:pgcjcay2]The nymaru sailors fall silent waiting for the captain of the Jade star to start the ceremony for his fallen.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Was hoping a few others would chime in, but I see the task mistress wants the ceremony soon.

IC: As the ship travels out from the dock, composes thoughts. Which are disrupted frist by the wake of the harbor guaudian that was mentioned before, then by the captain of the ship saying all is ready. Steps to the head of Kendal and eyes sweep over all assembled then starts to speak, voice loud to carry but steady and controled.

"The sea is our mistress in that she gives us life and food and tasks to improve ourselves. She also in contray in the tests she sets for us. Sometimes the tasks are beyound our skill and one or more of us are called to rest with her forwver. Today we are gathered to set Kendal to his proper rest in the sea, to join the others that did not reach land from the last test of our mistress. Let us remember them all.

Kendal a very able seaman, quick with a joke even in the darkest of stroms, you will be missed by us all. You are a comrade that will be missed.

Robin, your hand was soft when any of us were ill, your hand quick when any of us in danger. The sea took you from us too soon, may your sould be at peace.

Dalmar, you asked of me and the crew safe passage and we did our best. Know that you rest with two that are worthy comrades as your spirit goes forward."

Takes a ring off his hand and places on the tilting board.

"Let all step forward if they wish to add a token for our fallen, to perhaps travel with those that are now gone from us. Never to be used by another to rest within the sea."

A few of the crew step forward, one placing a dagger next to Kendals body. "Robin your dagger saved me once, may my dagger reach and travel with you now." A few others of the crew step forward as well an offer of coin, or some other small item for one of the three dead or believed dead. The Captain looks to Ibn and others gather. Gives them time to say words if they desire to.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance slowly steps forward and pulls out three of his dual coins, with Eilistraee's symbol on one side and Bahamut's on the other, and puts each coin on the chest of the deceased.
"My friends, I made it alive although you did not. Life and the sea is sometimes, I fear, cruel and unjust. You have my prayers, my friends, for although I did spend precious little time on this ship I know you and that is all that matters. Let Eilistraee's loving touch and Bahamut's mighty wings carry you to whatever afterlive is in story for you. I know that you are truly at peace and perhaps when we have all passed on we shall meet again"

Lance stands silent for a moment and hums a prayer to Eilistraee and Bahamut. Then he turns around and returns to his place in the crowd.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

OOC: Sorry. I didn't know what to say before.
----------------------------------------------------------
IC:

Chanting a soft spell, her hands close to her chest as if she wanted to protect something, the ones who were close to her started feeling cold; a chilling temperature comming out from the ellithiry's hands. Something she seemed not to notice as she walked forward to meet the dead.

The air around her hands started to whirl around her hands, condensing more and more humidity and something started to form between them.

Once she's in front of everyone, the chanting stops and she rises her face. Facing the sea for a moment, her blue eyes seemed to water some as her long, white hair flew along with the wind she accidentally created, but she was oblivious to that. her thoughts seemed to be somewhere else.

She sighed and wrapped her silky, black wings around her, keeping what she had in her hands from sight; slowly she turned around to face everyone and the bodyes of her dead friends.

"After all that Captain Bolden and Lance sayed there is little that I can add. All I can think about is... The ocean is a strange lover. He's a source of work, food and home. He rocks you by night, softly so you can sleep, but when he's upset it'll be the most terrible storm, and you give your life for him untill he claims you for ever." She approached to the dead and put in the chest of the one that was in the middle what she was protecting under her wings; what she was doing with her hands before and noone coulsd see: a beautifully crafted ship made of ice that was an exact miniature of the Jade Star like it was in her best day in a dock. "I'm affraid I could only make one, dear friends, but I'm sure it'll be enough for your souls to travel the seas forever. You will never be forgotten and may your spirits travel in peace"

With that, the Ellithiry female stayed quiet and walked back to the living, with Captain, Lance, Makasta and held Zaklathan's hand, wiping the tears from her eyes with the other hand.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:124vma1i]The nymaru captain nods and turns to his men.In synch they take out bows , and light them with a torch that is passed from one to the other.The nymaru sailors let their lit arrows fly and the darkening skies are momentarily brighten by their flaming arrows.
[t:124vma1i]The captain says
[t:124vma1i]"Whenever you are ready we can head back towards the tavern."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Having waited for each of the crew and guests that so desired to say words and/or leave tokens.

All have paid their respects, by deed word or thought. The time comes for the Sea to recieve its due."

Slowly raises the tilting board.

"May your souls swim free"

The tokens and the body slide off the ship into the harbor. The coins quick to sink the ice copy of the Jade Star dances in the waves, soon to be lost to sight. Perhaps because of the diming light or the sea warming enouh to become water again. Nods to the Captian of the Dark Maiden.

"We are done here and can return."

In a louder voice.

"All are invited to the Jade Cup to speak and share memories of those no longer with us. Some refreshments shall be provided."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2uk5afrq]The nymaru sailors fly to action, and it short time you are all docked again .
[t:2uk5afrq]"The back room of the tavern has been set aside for you.Just head on iin and go to the doors in the back , beside the kitchens, The room should be more than large enough for all of you."
[t:2uk5afrq]The nymaru captain says, and puts down the gangplank so you all can exit the ship.
[t:2uk5afrq]Zaklathan raises Ibn's hand and kisses it, politely and chastely, but there is a fire in his eyes that show his true intents may not be so chaste when the two of are alone.
[t:2uk5afrq]"I am still on duty, and must report back , my lady. However, I shall return to you promptly. Will I be able to find you in the tavern with your shipmates?"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Ibn smiles deviously and bows her head some to Zaklathan as he kisses her hand politely.

"Yes, my lord, I shall be in the tavern with my shipmates, but I pretend to go home later, to get some sleep, and I think my father may want to tell me a few things, lol" she chuckles "Besides, my father told me my brother's in the warrior's school and I want to see him. I guess he'll go home to sleep as well" and walks with the rest to the Jade Cup, looking back at Zaklathan a few times
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance bows his head to the sea once again and whispers.
"rest in peace, my friends"
Shaelzin, however, seems more interested in the conversation between Ibn and Zaklathan.

[i:23pvasqm]chiili shio ruliyna fridj siofme di somati?[/i:23pvasqm] the little dragon hisses.
"No, Shaelzin. I think they have other things in mind besides that. Right now it isn't...appropriate anyway.
[i:23pvasqm]Bah, Si chiili ti kampiun munthrek shishins sva shio![/i:23pvasqm]
"I thought a dragon would understand customs and traditions better, Shaelzin. Come, let us get something to eat, it has been a long day. And perhaps you should apologise to Ibn?"
[i:23pvasqm]tha shilta ti kampiun ve, Si chiili ti rigluin ekess yugon si[/i:23pvasqm]
"Well, do as you like. In the end I will probably end up apologising for you. Perhaps you would be wise to refrain from speaking about humanoid customs on an island where people may understand what you are saying, even if you are speaking in true draconic?"
[i:23pvasqm]nomag zyak[/i:23pvasqm]
Lance nods in response and walks towards the tavern.

OOC: finally I got hold of a decent draconic translator so instead of letting Shaelzin chirp and hiss he can actually speak true draconic. For those interested in understanding you can find the translator
[url=http://masamek.twilightrealm.com/transl ... /:23pvasqm]here[/url:23pvasqm]. Note that only those who really understand draconic can use it though and Shaelzin still uses the accent of draconic normally used by true dragons.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bows head to the nymaru captain.

"Thank you. Will you or any of your crew be joining us?

While waiting for an answer speaks to Master Ironhammer. Perpared to walk with him to the Jade Cup.

"It nears time to tell me your story my friend, for tommorrow and the days that follow will be filled with work."

*Eyes also notice Ibn, in her new form (OK true form though hard to adjust to) depart the barrowed ship.

Also anod is given to Lance.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

While walking with her shipmates, Ibn overheard the conversation between the small dragon and Lance, and it was very uncomfortable for her to listen such a comment.

Turning around to face Lance and his dragon as the small creature was so sure she couldn't understand him, she answered in a calmed tone of voice, but in her face it was clear as water that she was very upset.

"Persvek ywrats Si shilta kampiun wux, vur reiyal al. Si'm vi rumunasin vur lastu di hesi tija books re persvek draconic"

Then she goes to turn around and walk away but decides against it and keeps talking in a perfect draconic "Wux jalla ti ukris zahae vi aesthyr hefoc batobot. Si mi gocahel loupon ergriff vi somati machine vur Si chiili ti hefoc lodias ekess ukris zahae ve hefoc batobot persvek sia spical, besides svabol Si chiili usv ti ui sia chaon." She pauses for a second and her eyes start to water with shame and rage at the same time while her face goes bright red for the shame " Vur zyak wux vucot... Si mi vi virgin, ula?"

She looks at the captain, biting hard her lower lip and swallowing hard, nods and says in common "I'll meet you in the Jade Cup, Captain." obviously trying to control herself.

"Come, Pajarito" she talks to the small raptor that was standing in her gloved arm, nervous for his Ellithiri friend's reaction and opening his wings to fly after her.

And now is when Ibn starts walking at high speed towards the Jade Cup, leaving everyone behind and not waiting for anyone.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:94gzcw38]Master ironhammer gives the captain a healthy slap on the lower back.
[t:94gzcw38]"Aye, of course. We can tell my tale over a fine ale in the tavern, for tale telling is thirsty work indeed. Particularly my tale."
[t:94gzcw38]The tavern is already full when you all enter.But some of the workers there direct you to the back room, which has been kept empty of patrons for you. There is a large table that dominates the room, and a fire place burns cheerfully in the back. When you close the door it, fortunately , muffles the sound of the carousers in the3 main part of the tavern, but the stage where a bard plays is still close enough so that you can faintly hear the music.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Since Lance understand draconic just fine he looks angrily and Shaelzin.
"Shalezin! Do you realise what you have just done?"
The little dragon looks at Lance and replies:
[i:22z1gcrm]Authot? Wer tioteg mora zi vervesh shar...[/i:22z1gcrm]
"You fully well know how! She isn't a dragon, Shaelzin. Just because someone displays a liking for someone doesn't mean they mate all the time! You really have to apologise to her, that was very rudely said"
[i:22z1gcrm]Jahus coi, Lance, chiili wux siofme zyak?[/i:22z1gcrm]
"I fully well do! She was hurt at your comment, no one likes to be thought of in that manner and Ibn is no exception. Make it up to her, give her the amulet"
[i:22z1gcrm]Thric, wux shilta ti jatil...[/i:22z1gcrm]
"I do. It is the best way to compensate her, don't you think? Now, let's go to the tavern"
The two walks away, Shaelzin obviously in deep thought.

Lance and Shaelzin enters the back room of the tavern where the others are.
"Ah, it has been some time since we last got to relax" Lance remarks
"I hope the bottle did survive the trip, though" he continues and pulls a seemingly intact bottle from his backpack. The bottle is inscribed with a draconic rune and sealed tightly.
"Ah, dragon ambrosia, the best drink in the world. I'll make this ready, Shaelzin, you go and do you-know-what"
The little dragon nods and floats away where Ibn is sitting, seeing the sadness in her eyes Shaelzin looks down and emits a squealing sound. He then flies to Ibn and pokes her with his tail (being careful not to sting her with the barb). Shaelzin looks Ibn straight into her eyes and says:
[i:22z1gcrm]Si...Si mi taudl ihk svabol Si telanth svern mobi. Coi jahus xuut di ve ekess telanth mishun vi youwe, tangis sjek wux dah ti kampiun svabol Si telanth. Si...kampiun sjek wux re numl vur bastni shar Si daewl ekess yugon. Qualla...clax nomeno vur... [/i:22z1gcrm]
Shaelzin falls silent for a moment and pulls up an amulet (looking something like
[url=https://www.paganshopping.com/Merchant2 ... g:22z1gcrm][u:22z1gcrm]this[/u:22z1gcrm][/url:22z1gcrm])
[i:22z1gcrm]Qualla...shilta wux ehtah coi persvek douta preah ekess onelka ve?[/i:22z1gcrm]
Shaelzin then falls quiet, looks Ibn in her eyes and hold out the amulet for her to take or reject.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

As she enters the tavern before than anyone else does, still a little upset for the comments, she puts her hand in the shoulder of one of the waiters and speaks in Ellithirese

"Please, bring some blue to the back room" and goes to seat in the farther seat of the room.

Looking at Pajarito, who was flying behind her and chirped somethig to her when she was taking a seat, she answered to her familiar.

"I'll be fine, don't worry. Yes, you can go hunting. I'll see you later here. I'll give you a good price later" and she smiled, still sadly, but thinking there was some degree of truth in the dragon's comment. Perhaps she should apologise as well.

Sighing, she took the bottle of blue that she requested and a glass and poured some of the blue and aromatic liquid in it, lost in deep thoughts, and her clear blue eyes so sad. Ibn was a happy person, and got sad in very few occasions, like when her old captain died a year ago, and now three of her friends died as well. She sighed again and lifted her face only when she heard the voice of the dragon close to her and her eyes, that looked at him harshly in the first moment, turned more gentle as she heard his apology and thought he was sincere.

Not wanting to interrupt him as he talked she stayed quiet as he showed her the amulet. Listening to the rest of what he wanted to say, she stretched her hand to grace the amulet the small dragon was offering to her and then looked straight into his eyes with kindness.

"Wux vucot? mobi ui fotus degree di truth persvek svabol wux telanth. Lastu humanoids chiili siofme di somati shio wer draeval. Ui fridj... ui zi nirescho... persvek sia race ergriff 3, usv svadrav yth re lucky 4 aesthyr re rosin persvek weth generation. Ui dubo svadrav wux zhin shafaer wer revin, ekess satiir shio wer sthyr fiexnah shafaer wux, lae sjek wux jahen vi inloil di rhyaex, vur ihk wer males ui ti rescho lae al, tagoa astahii satiir zi dwalc. Zaklathan chiili ti treat ve lae sjek Si jahen vi inloil di entarer vur Si siofme si mi persvek itov mrith ukta, shar sia opsola does ti hefoc ukta. Jaci thinks jaci'll itrewic ve lowaar, shar Si chiili't siofme zyak. Sia opsola wants ihk ve creolna ekess eligne ve, shar Si shilta clax doege di si. Si tuor vi companion."

She sighs and stretches her other hand to nibble the dragon's face if he lets her, while her tail moves more relaxed now, not as fast and nervous as before.

"Si'm voran numl ihk wer ones yth fridj buried. Si geou llewarin astahi vi yentil." she makes a small pause and then continues "Wux could ti vucot, Shaelzyn. Si onelka wux sjek yth re friends, jugare?" then and just then she takes the ammulet that he's offering her, looks at it and then at him, with a much more relieved smile.

"Vinxa. Nomeno ui llaar, zi mlasup... coi ui fotus valyrin di jitaga, ditronw?"
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Shaelzyn jumps up on Sabaal's table and emits a low purr and then speaks, suprisingly enough telepathically and in common instead of draconic.
[i:45rre4cv]Thank you very much, Ibn. I am happy yo could forgive me. I do not understand the customs of humans or humanoid creatures very well but I hope to change that. I understand if I hurted you with my comment earlier. It is hard to me to understand when I look at humans. In some place I have been with Lance the females constantly makes all sort of...offers[/i:45rre4cv]You can feel a certain amount of blushing in the little dragon's mind[i:45rre4cv]In other places the females are very proper and hardly look at the males at all. So when that male looked at you, Zaklathan was his name, yes?, I jumped to conclusions. I am very sorry for that. The amulet is a gift we use to give to someone who we care about. It is magical as well[/i:45rre4cv]
Lance looks contently at the two and says:
"He must really like you, Ibn. Pseudodragons can use telepathy but rarely do it unless they really trust the person.
Shaelzyn looks questioningly at Lance and asks:
[i:45rre4cv]Lance how do you know I am using telepathy?[/i:45rre4cv]
"Because you twist your head in a certain way when you use it. We have been companions for so long, Shalezyn, that I am somewhat attuned to your body language. I cannot hear what you say though, telepathy is very private as it should be. I'll get some glass for the dragon ambrosia, so I'll leave you two alone"
And then Lance walks away with a smile on his lips.
[i:45rre4cv]Sorry about that[/i:45rre4cv] Shaelzyn continues [i:45rre4cv]Lance is really nice but he knows me too well for my own good. I think he needs a female so he can focus on someone else. The amulet I gave you will give you some draconic senses, the sight, hearing and so on. It is a very rare amulet and it has another, more symbolic meaning. In ages past it is said that Bahamut, the lord of good dragons, would consider humanoids for the dracomorphosis, a ritual which transformed the recipent into a dragon. The amulets were the marks of those worthy and today we only give them to someone who we consider in heart, if nothing else, to be kindred. So I hope you will wear it proudly...sister[/i:45rre4cv]

OOC: The stats for the amulet is as following:
- low-light vision and darkvision (doubles current darkvision if you already have it)
- Ability to understand and speak draconic (which you already do :angel: )
- You can see two times as good in normal light and four times as good in darkness
- A corresponding +4 bonus on spot and listen checks
- Finally the amulet makes you immune to the frightful presence ability of dragons

Quite a gift, in other words :angel: [/i]