Running Wild

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gboy
Maid
Maid

Running Wild

Post by Gboy »

Eleak looked out the window of his monastary, only to see the wide open plains calling to him as they had for years and years. He had always longed to leave the monastary, however, he could not bring himself to betray the people whom had cared for him since birth. He sighed, and did the same thing that he always had whenever he found himself over here. He curled up next to the window, and began to sing. It was a song which he had been told was a keepsake from his mother. He didn't fully understand what it meant, but it had a nice tune, so he sang it whenever he was frustrated, or disappointed.

All of a sudden, the window frame and alcove snapped. Eleak's eyes opened wide, as he frantically scrambled to get to the floor, but to no avail. The alcove where he had been sitting just seconds ago was plummeting to the ground, and Eleak along with it. Eleak thought to scream, but he could not make a sound. Somersaulting, Eleak decided it was best to brace himself against this fall, and hope for the best.

[i:1g5438z9]Phew, came out of that one alive.[/i:1g5438z9] Eleak thought to himself. Then, he looked back up at the monastary. The way he saw it, he had two options. The first was to go back in, and tell them of the alcove, and return to his life which was safe, if a little boring. Or, he could live his dream, and take to the open road, which now beckoned him as he was outside of the confines of the building. Taking one glance at each, Eleak turns away from the monastary, and takes off to the open road. Running, the wind feels nice in his snow white hair. Ah, it felt good to be free.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

*Alaric is wandering in the area when he hears the collapsing building. He sprints over to where it came from and sees Eleak*

"Are you okay?"
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Ah, good sir, you don't know the truth of that statement! I am finally free, of everything, every rule! Oh this is a joyous day! Ow!" Eleak suddenly says as he steps on his left foot on an awkward angle, and trips to the ground. "Perhaps I have not made it out unscathed after all. I will manage, but I've no idea what there is to do outside the monastery. Would you be so kind as to show me around?" Eleak grunts as he stands up, his white robes now slightly dirty but his face still shining with glee.
Vornfryn
Maid
Maid

Post by Vornfryn »

spreading her cloak out she sat on a nearby hilltop resting her face on clenched fits utterly fascinated at the stumbling drow and his companion. "Drow are just so odd! don't you think Baatu?" her question fell on the deaf ears of the snoozing red and yellow lizard in her lap.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

*doesn't notice Vornfyn yet*

"I hear that." *recognizes Eleak's clothes* "I don't suppose you want to go back to your monastery, do you?"
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Not unless by me, you mean someone disguised as me, no." Eleak shook his head so as to reinforce the statement. "Sure, it's where I've been since I was only 20, but now, after 200 man years, it's rather dull. I need something new in my life. And this is just the oppourtunity." Looking around to soak in the world around him, he notices something on a hill far away. Something looking almost...like him. He couldn't tell from such a great distance. "Hey, do you see that? Up on that hill there? It looks like a living biped. Want to check it out? I'm fine, don't worry." Eleak begins walking, albeit a bit of a limp, to assure the newcomer he was fine.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

*Alaric shrugs and follows him, walking towards the top of the hill*

"I don't suppose you have some money, do you? I can help you out when you get to the next town, if you want."

*Alaric peers closer at the figure on top of the hill* "That might be a wizard..."
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Post by Nazaril Q'intenzz »

Nazaril strolled down a forest trail, admiring the moon above him. A longsword sawyed lightly at his right hip. A curved, silver dagger at his right. Light chainmail made a silent rustle under his long shirt of studded leather. He watched as a drow monk lept from a window of a towering monestary.

"Well," he said to himself,"that doesn't look right. Course, tis a monestary. Monks can be as strict as Matron's if they see fit."

He hurried down to see if he could give some help. When he arrived, Nazaril found a drow rogue standing beside the monk, talking, pointing at a far off hill. The earlier appeared to have hurt his ankle, a minor injury compared to the height from which he had made his leap.

"Good monk, that was quite a drop. Here, let me help." Nazaril kneeled down and lightly rested his hand on the drow's ankle. He sang a hymn of Healing to fix, at the very least, a sprained ankle. It may be worse, but Nazaril couldn't tell. He was no healer, or esteemed physicsian.

"There," Nazaril said, standing,"that should do it. How does it feel?"
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Well sir, that did help. A gracious favour should be repayed...oh silly me." Eleak shakes his head. "I forgot to get both of your names as well as properly introduce myself. My name is Eleak." Accompanied with this introduction, Eleak gives a formal bow. Righting himself, Eleak says, "Now that I am finished, may I have the pleasure of your names?"
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Nazaril gives a small nod and gives his reply. "I am Nazaril Q'intenzz, Bard of Elsewhere. As you may have guessed by the hymn that I sang, I am also a cleric who's services lie with the Dark Lady, Eilistraee."
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

*Alaric smacks his own forehead*

"Bah! I'm so dense! I didn't notice the injury."

*he sighs*

"Some lay worshipper of Eilistraee I am. Then again, I'm no healer."

*he rests a forearm over his heart and nods*

"They call me Alaric."
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet both of you. Now however, I think we'd better investigate that...elf...ish...thing on that hill over there. It seems rather out of place with the rest of the scenery."

Eleak beings walking toward the hill, at a surprisingly quick pace.
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Nazaril nods his head in agreement. "Yes, I conquer."
He hurries after Eleak, trying to keep up with his swift pace.
Vornfryn
Maid
Maid

Post by Vornfryn »

[i:2vuhswir]Wow quick aren't they[/i:2vuhswir] she thought to herself, seeing the drow coming towards her. She sat up straighter, an eager look upon her face. She started sing the cheery little dwarfish drinking song waiting excitedly to see if the drow were raiders or travellers
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

*Alaric notices the person on the top of the hill moving. He notices a second, smaller figure next to it and starts to worry*

[i:14slzonf]That might be a wizard or a sorceror[/i:14slzonf], he thinks to himself.

*Unfortunately, Alaric has also yet to learn the meaning of the phrase "Look before you leap, and sets a faster pace than the other two*

"Tallyhoe!"