Weaver's Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

"Spider? How original...I go by Rooky. That's how the locals call me here, and everywhere else. This is Istaharru. Neither of us know why they call him Bob, but it stuck around for a while now, and it hasn't changed since then." she spoke as she took another puff at her pipe.

"Why don't you tell us about your travels, and how you got here." the wolf inquired. For a second it seemed like he actually wanted to know, but soon changed his mind.

Rooky watched the newcomer, still trying to figure out what to do with him, and where to send him.
:3
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider looked to Bob. "There isn't much in that regard but I'll try. I once lived in the Underdark, which if you two have ever met another drow before you'll probably recognize. I didn't come from any kind of noble background... I didn't fulfill any servitude in any of the royal houses. I was what you'd call a street urchin. I can't really say too much about my early life because... well, I can't remember it, at least a good portion." He put his palms together and then stretched his palms out, forming a cat's cradle between the hands.

"I knew of my kind's worship of Lloth and what their twisted sense of 'justice' was. There was something about the whole ordeal that appalled me. I also hold the Spider Queen responsible for the bad name they've given to those weavers of nature... they say they regard them like divine beings, but its still hammered into their minds that they're little more than harbingers of death. My skills had no place in their ideology or madness, so I escaped to the surface. Nothing wholly remarkable after that."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"You sound like you learned that by heart." Rooky spoke, as Bob interupted her;

"Did the Spider goddess pummel that into your mind?" he spoke. Rooky glared at him, and he backed off. They both rose to their feet, Rooky still with her pipe, and Bob keeping a close eye on the ball.

"I need to leave. We'll be going to hunt soon. Besides, it's getting dark. Farewell elf. If you ever come across our ridge up North run away screaming.
We had bad experience with Drow. Oh yeah...I'm taking the ball."

His last sentence gave the feeling Bob wanted to stick his tongue out at Spider, but seemed to sustain himself. Bob left soon, enveloped by the thick forest.

Rooky shook her head.

"He never fully grew up. A waste of my time and life energy...again. Boy I need to leave. I'm willing to take you to a local tavern I visit. If your willing to tag along that is. Maybe along the way you'd tell me what brought you here."
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider watched the wolf vanish into the brush, then glanced back over to Rooky. "I... I wouldn't mind that." If the wolf tagged along that would be a whole other story, but there wasn't any further need to get into that aspect, he thought.

The grass, still green from the occasional rain, for now, made little sound from his boots. It was apparent from the condition of his clothing that it had been well-worn and perhaps a little beyond its originally intended length of time. "I usually seek out places like this because... y'know, there isn't the best opinion of my kind going around these days. A lot of what falls from the lips of foreigners is well-intended, and a lot of my kind is to blame for their paranoia. Places like these off the back roads afford me some assurance that intelligent beings are the least of my worries."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"There is no such forest boy...In whatever land you land your foot, there are always eyes watching you; You just don't see them..."

Up on the branches above their head sat a few pixies, sitting there and letting time pass by. They didn't sit there long; Very soon the got bored and flew off giggling. Small animals rushed through the ground, collecting and gatherin tending to their own rushed lives.
Several deer hid quickly before the newcomer.

"...and some, use that to harm you..."

She pointed to a nearby tree, enveloped in shadows. None of them seemed natural. What held the tree was quickly gone, as it knew it's enemy well.

"That tree there is now fully bare and withered...it was once a dryad. A long time ago they used to flourish here like nowhere else. The branches swarmed and teemed with life, and no matter the season they were full of leaves..."

She wondered off for a moment, reliving a time long gone. For a moment her age was shown, but as soon as it appeared it was gone.
Light snaked it's way through the trees, until finally the clearing came.
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Aye, a pair of eyes are always watching you, no matter where you are. However, not all of them come with malicious intent. Some merely seek out humanoids in this worlds so as to obtain comrades."

The voice comes from the treetops, though for a while, you see nothing. Suddenly, a thin, yet fit, man falls down from the tree. His skin purest of black, as the night, yet his eyes a blue akin to the midday sky. Clad in all white with some simple designs, the man has no blade on him, only a simple sash, some wraps around his wrists and hands, and simple sandals. His face is serene, and looks perfectly calm.

"Greetings. Good to meet new faces in this world. How fare you on this pleasant day?"
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider's boots dug a little into the ground at the first sight & sound of the white-garbed drow. He blinked his orbs a moment or two while contemplating how much of a threat, if any, the newcomer presented. "... well, I suppose." He threw a glance over to Rooky. "Anyone you're familiar with?"
Vornfryn
Maid
Maid

Post by Vornfryn »

As she sat cross legged on a rock amidst the bushes, Ali giggled to herself. "I forgot how amusing drow on the surface can be Baatu," she whispered to the little red and yellow lizard on her shoulder, hissing in it's own amusement, as she watched the odd group. "How do you think we should surprise them Baatu?" the lizard stood on it rear legs dancing slowly, " Oh what a wonderful idea Baatu! I can't believe I didn't think of that!" reaching into her rucksack, Ali pulled out a redwood flute the end carved to look like an Efreets face, she suppressed another fit of giggles, her "burnt" red hands danced across her flute playing a lively tune, the bright little lizard cooing softly as it danced.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"Why do you bother to hide from the forest? When all the forest does is tell me where you are?"

Rooky took another puff from her pipe as she watched the drow in branches. She paid no heed to the ones up in the trees; let them amuse the birds.

"Humanoids, except the followers of the Dancing Goddess are not welcome in this forest; neither I nor the wolves that inhabit this place will tolerate you. Unless that is, you don't give me a good enough reason to tolerate you."

She puffed again, and this time looked serious.

"Care to take a guess how I'm feeling today?"
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Aye, I care to guess you're feeling a little bit on the edgy side. However, I see no reason for that whatsoever. I present no harm, and I see no reason to get hostile."

Eleak's face remains complete with calm serenity as he closes his eyes listening to the flute. What a lovely sound it made...wait. Nobody in front of him was playing it he noticed as he opened his eyes again.

"Do either of the two of you hear that music? It is quite nice, though a little strange, music from an unknown source."

Eleak looks around, trying to discern the location of the flute, though he could not tell where it was coming from. Even though he is curious as to where it comes from, his face still reamains untouched by emotion.
Vornfryn
Maid
Maid

Post by Vornfryn »

Feeling the fire flow from the depths of her belly to to her fingers, the temp to the lively music grew faster and faster as did her amusement. She could feel her blood start to race and the already considerable heat of her body rising with her passion. [i:1h8q1fqx]Hopefully it won't take them to long to figure me out[/i:1h8q1fqx] she mused to herself
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

OOC: Sorry, I'm having a bit of a block. I'll post tomorrow. I hope Spider posts before me, that usually gets me going.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

The giant wolf that had followed the lady before had been a tad more predictable for a place like this. But now a monk and some kind of music conjured from thin air...

He nodded to Eleak. "I don't find your presence insulting at all... then again this is not my forest, so I don't have much of a say in the rules governing this place. The lady and I were on our way out when you dropped in, so please understand why it must appear to you that we are in a hurry."
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"Whatever. Whatever you have to do here, do it quick and be on your way."
She waved her hands in the air, as a sign of giving up. Rooky didn't care anymore. Something was bound to kill them all here, and it's only a matter of time.

The music was starting to annoy her. Very much. It was fun the first few minutes, but now...

"Their standing behind us. There's a lizard and..." she sniffed the air twice. Rooky knew the scent was somehow familiar to her, but just couldn't put her finger on it. "...hmm...*sniff* ...that's a very familiar smell..."
Gboy
Maid
Maid

Post by Gboy »

"Oh, I've nothing to do. I just happened by here and heard you two talking, though I might...pardon the expression...[i:2f618wyg]drop in[/i:2f618wyg]." Eleak chuckles to himself. He though it was funny.

"That music's coming from behind us eh? Well..." With astonishing footspeed, Eleak runs over there. Coming to the point of creation, Eleak looked down at the source. "Hello there miss. Who might you be?"