On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

after the bird leaves, Inrii details to Lothir what she picked up from them, what they plan to do, and more importantly timing.
"[i:j0gtqj1w]it works out when someone complains about marking near dawn. we might can get closer, maybe have some fun with their army [/i:j0gtqj1w]."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard listens, and nods slowly. He thinks for a few moments, and then suddenly grins. <<How are you at magical pranks?>> he asks. <<I have a few ideas...>>
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

She chuckles, "[i:1ub0olgs]I'm up for it. let make them pay. so what do you have in mind?[/i:1ub0olgs]"
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<Heh, first, we find a couple of stragglers, grab them, and tie them up somewhere out of sight. Then the fun starts. Do you have an alter self spell? We're going to 'join' the opposition- as two of their own members! I've even got a mimic spell, in case we have to talk. How about we see what kind of chaos we can stir up...>> He gives her a truly wicked grin, as if he is taking particular delight in the thought of stirring up trouble in the enemies' ranks.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[i:2vtwk78e]I can disguise us both[/i:2vtwk78e]." Inrii returned the wicked grin.
she levitated down and began heading twords the outside of the camp.

((do we play the orcs, trolls or other monsters or is that Bhaern's?))

two guards were just outside the camp, looking bored and distracted.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((I play the orcs, kobolds and trolls, just not having time enough to keep up with you two))

Eilae completed armoring Sassar, before the jaybird arrives in search of her. Her eyes notes that there appears to be a message attached to bird;s leg. The absence of Inrii and Lothir of course noticed a long time ago, however guests are free to come and go.

---------------------------------------

The orc settlement has a few guards posted, however it appears most within the settlement are preparing for battle, reading the arrows with tar, as the females prepare the armor. It is not yet time to march. The orc chieften strides among the workers very mindful of Derek's threat. ((In orc)) "This attack must succeed, failure means death. Ready for everything. Eat a good meal, carry all you need, but no more then you need."

The guards are not very alert, because they are concerned about reading their own weapons because they also will be in the march. Once the band moves out to attack only some of the females will remain behind to protect the children.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((sorry...))

Inrii edged closer. she heard them speaking in orc, a language she knew. plus her earings would help her understand otherwise.

"[i:3o54ar7d]they dont seam to notice. too complacent...after eating would likley be the best time."[/i:3o54ar7d]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<No need to cast one for me. I can cast my own disguise. The leader seems agitated. Nervous. We should wait until after they eat, and then catch a pair of guards. That would be easiest. Maybe we can even get their plan out of them before we slip into the ranks.> He answers quickly, obviously looking for something.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As some time passes, the orcs eat, you might notice a few Kobolds as servers. The guards appear more distracted as one Kobold each bring them a tray of food.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[i:1bzblgag]somethings up. almost as if this is a trap, a lure to get us there by looking to easy. and thoughts of orcs, not so interesting. i dont even wanna know what he did with that. "[/i:1bzblgag]
she moved closer, her hands ready. she continued to listen for clues from the chieften mind. any hint of trap or plans, even timing.
Zarstra crawled unseen up twords the camp. few would notice a lizard, and one that could blend with the enviroment.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<It doesn't LOOK like a trap, but I don't see Morg anywhere. That is not a good sign.>> He grimaces, looking about the camp carefully for any sign of something out of place, or of his sister's whereabouts.

<<Be ready for anything,>> he tells her. <<If it goes badly, we pull out and retreat back to the island. Got it?>>

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Hey people, you are not giving me much to work with. Steal a bloody guard or something. Also I am wondering about Morg as she has not replied to Derik (unless I missed it?) ))

The orc meal is cooked and most eating now.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((Inrii was trying to read their thoughts to see if it was a trap but i can steal a guard then.))

the two furthest from the camp were the best choices. she neared very close undetected, Lothir behind another. Inrii cast darkness around herself, then her hands wrapped around his mouth and jerked him into the darkness subduing him quickly.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Morganna waves him off, as if preoccupied. "A slow dip was what I had in mind. Dripping takes too long, and as I said. I'm growing short on time. I want the little fool to suffer, but I don't want to grow old waiting for him to die." she says impatiently. "And do not send the orcs into close combat- let them come to US. The idea was to use the fire to draw them out, so a continued volley of arrows should do the trick once the fire gets their attention. And I also have a few explosive eggs that we can ue to create a bit more panic. A few of them well-aimed at their huts should case QUITE a stir, don't you think?"

--------------------------------

The bard looks over to see that Inrii has tagged the first guard, so he slips cose to grab a rope from th ground near one of the tents, then slips up behind anothe guard. He clamped his hand over the orc's mouth, and quickly muttered a spell to ake the rope wrap around around the guard. Then he swiftly knocks him over the head, hides him carefully, and begins to study the orc closely, memorizing his appearance. He softly sings another spell, and suddenly resembles the orc in perfect detail. "What do you think?" he asks, in orcish.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii cast her disguise on herself appearing as the orc she took down, "sleep poison mixed with a paralyzer works well" she softly said in orc, tho her voice was still hers. "[i:3so9si5b]you look right for the part. but dont expect me to eat his dinner,[/i:3so9si5b]" she joked. "[i:3so9si5b]I might need the voice disquiser tho, my spell doesnt cover that.[/i:3so9si5b]" returning to speaking thru the spell.