On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Well it did help to know a little about Inrii's traps.))

Eilia watches Morg watch the Island and the advancing horde ordered out by Derek. By watch Morg's watching tends to get a sense of how well the battle is going. That being rope traps and other distractions provided by the recent guests to the Island. Her eyes now though focuses on the Drake. Her sword drawn and a silver light about her, it is just a matter of time of when to step though.

The orcs caught by the rope traps curse and pull daggers out to cut themselves free, there is no honor in dying by trap. Those that have weapons bound to their sheaths use their claws to break the ropes. With no [i:6prcqiuo]silence[/i:6prcqiuo] in place the traps risk is noted and alerted to quickly. The chief, stops the party just short of the spike trap, having reached bow range and orders the fire pots started and the flaming arrows to be readied.

----------------

Derek does not appear to be involved in the battle at all, yet.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: The ropes were not actually traps per-se, he just used animate rope on them to make them bind and gag a few orcs and kobolds. Once bound, they will need to make an escape artist check as normal, or strength check to break them. And don't forget that he enchanted the arrows to stick to the quivers, too!

IC: The bard sees the orcs trying to cut free of the ropes, and his gaze narrows. "no, can't let you do that..." he mutters, and moves in behind them as if to aid in cutting them loose. then in one swift motion, he shifts his blades into saber form, and stabs two orcs at once, then shoves their bodies down into the muck, pulling several others down with them into the water to further confuse and frustrate their efforts. All the orcs can see is one of their own uddenly turning on them (he's still in disguise), which causes a commotion among the back ranks that can be heard some distance away at the edge of the camp. "Check, sister," he calls out, as if taunting the female he knows is out there watching somewhere.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii heard the death of a few and the commotion of cunfusion. with a wicked smirk she cast ice storm discretely on the fire to slow them down. moving quickly to another spot, a line of fire then showed up in the midst of the group.
her other hand still held the coffer as Inrii began her way twords the spellcasters. the sorceress was able to judge the range to hopefully keep Lothir from being effected.
as soon as she knows their close, she opened the box. a black sapphire laid among a deep red material. the stone was unlike any other. all around, magic stops working. Inrii felt the slight heveyness of her spidersilk clothing and the sensation of her magical wards gone. in Inrii's hand was a small remnet of the time of troubles, an anti-magic stone.
any magical effects were suspended and now would be the time for a ranged attack.
she brung up her wrist crossbow and aimed it.

((found in another rp. idea from a quest i was invloved in while back. of course i looked up the discription from the one in the drizzt book so i knew how to discribe it.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: You do realize you just negated the magic he put on their weapons? They were supposed to stick to the scabbards (stick), and the bows catch fire as soon as they tried to light the arrows (grease spell). Ah well, this could work well against Derek.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i think im outta range since they have moved on in the march. if not, then i can edit my post to wait till they are. but that was the intent, get the wizard quick and hard.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":1c4o5d0w]OOC: You do realize you just negated the magic he put on their weapons? They were supposed to stick to the scabbards (stick), and the bows catch fire as soon as they tried to light the arrows (grease spell). Ah well, this could work well against Derek.[/quote:1c4o5d0w]

Hey if all weapons were bound to sheath, claws works, as to bows bursting into fire, my impression was that the bow strings would break.

Not prefect, however online roleplay is far from perfect.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Place holder for IC reply, RL has been taking a lot of time from me the last month))

The OOC will be deleted within a month, with luck I will post ICD before then.