On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Well size clearly different, Sarrar is my friend. We both are glad to know you saved Zarstra . We have counters to fire attacks, if you recall Derek's caused you little harm. You might have thought it luck and indeed there was some, however the wards increased you luck. Worry some however know we make some of out own luck when dealing with fire."
With Lothir not saying a word, it becomes had to find a reason to speak to him.

Entering the camp she leads Sassar toward the locked building and with a hand indicates wait. Jordon stepping from hos rope weaving steps to flank on one side, Jenia looks toward the group while cradling her newly sharpen battle axe. here are no others you met of the camp visible at this time.

"My Lady, it shall be as you say. It gives more time for the arrows to be prepared" And more time to convince the Trolls and the Orcs to work with such a treacherous person. Smiles "A dawn attack that brings us both victiry clearly a good plan. Until then of course what is mine is yours. Feed your companion and yourself, take what weapons and equipment you desire, issue any orders to further the plan. There though is one restriction, no death of my followers. That right of decree is mine alone."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Of, course, my dear Derek," Morganna purrs. "I wouldn't DREAM of reducing resources that can be put to your- OUR- advantage. I suppose I'll just have to content myself with plotting how best to kill my brother. What do you think? Flaying, evisceration, or a slow dip in acid?" She asks sweetly, as if seeking an opinion on what gown to wear.

-------------------------------------

<<We should stay close together,>> he says mentally to Inrii. <<But be ready for anything. The attack came from that direction,>> he points out toward the swamp, <<So I'd bet that's a good place to start. Can you become invisible?>> He glances over at her, with a questioning look.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"[i:27aww366]of course. do you think they will send some after us when they discover we went scouting? do I need to cast invisibility on you? it allows you to stay unseen even if you attack[/i:27aww366]."
she cast the spell and headed twords Derek's base.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<No need,>> he says, <<I can do that myself. If needs be, I can always cast a sending to them to let them know hwere we are. I DO have some magic of my own, you know...>> There s a hint of humor to his mental voice, and he grins at her. He stalked silently along-side her, glancing over every now and then as they slipped among the trees.

<<Can I ask you something?>> He begins uncertainly. <<I noticed earlier that there was- a scar on your chest. I know I shouldn't have looked, but I've always been insatiably curious. Especially where attractive females are concerned. Call it a weakness.>>

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((if its a bit inconsistant with earlier, it b/c i only recently actually wrote the incident...))

Inrii slowed the question, unsure what to say. despite it haven been awhile, the mental and psychological wounds and the nightmares were still, there haunting her. but she had been able to control and handle them when they did come.
[i:2jmxbmca]"i not told but a few this story, and not even uncle Jezz. when growing up around males, things tend to be competitive. my peers couldnt stand the idea a girl was better at somethings. so they already resented me. like i had mentioned before, pranks were common. one day, before I discovered my magic, they cast a holding spell on me, stole my clothes and left me. I didnt forget that, and promised vengeance. a few years later, we were to begin our training in our roles. so the night before there a competive hunt. ((sorta capture the flag idea, but individual.)) we were to hunt and 'eliminate' our targets by getting their mask. while this i got them all back, good. and I won, adding to their humiliation. I'm guessing they plotted to get me back, 10 yrs? not a long time for us I guess.[/i:2jmxbmca]"
she paused and stood their as the painful memories flooded her, etched on her face. she breathed slowly, and continued. "[i:2jmxbmca]I was set up, by my sister no doubt. I go to the spring in the mornings to bathe, and she let them know. so they ambushed me while bathing. 1st by casting a magic dispeller and bringing in one guy way stronger. they were able to pinned me down, punching and slapping me. then Vorndrin's filthy hands... touching me. i knew what they were gunna do to me. i manage to headbut him while he tried to...his tongue, mouth, my face. but they held me harder and he took the dagger and began cutting slowly. I expected them to cut me up, or ... but their final humiation, final show of dominace, he tried to...[/i:2jmxbmca]"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He turns to stare in shocked concern. <<I'm sorry. You dont have to finish, I know what you mean. I also know what it's like to feel helpless and humiliated. When I was still very young, I had a similar experience. I had only just learned about certain things from Mistress Shiallin, and she made it clear that I should already know about- that. My teacher Jezdin later took out his anger at being punished for neglecting to teach me that particular subject by- well, he decided to take a 'hands-on' approach to that aspect of my education. He used a hold spell to- I remember my face pressed against the study table, and the pain, and the aweful sound of... I could feel his breath against my face when he told me to keep silent about it or he would arrange an accident for me during alchemy lessons. When he was finished, he just left me there- paralyzed with my leggings down at my knees, and... When the spell finally wore off, all I could do was sit on he floor and cry for a long time.>>

He stares up into the trees, as if looking for some answer to a question never asked. <<When they- I mean, DID he?>> he finally asks, frowning. <<I'm truly sorry.>>

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i am in the process of reading your story...yours is sooooo much better!))

'helpless' rings in her ears.
She listens to his tale, his similar experience. still not knowing what to say.
(if i'm reading it right, i been misreading alot lately. will edit if need be.)
she shook her head to answer his question. "[i:qgpr2kpf]if they had been able to... I wouldnt likely lived. I barely survived afterwards.[/i:qgpr2kpf]." she thought a second. "[i:qgpr2kpf]something inside took over me, a pure survival, some power. that was the first time I killed someone. i got my feet loose, and kicked Vorndrin, right where he deserved it. then used my legs to strangle Krow. the other two left shortly afterwards. I took that dagger, and castrated that Vorndrin. i dont remember passing out at Mayindia's door or the few weeks following it[/i:qgpr2kpf]."
she looked to him with a 'i'm sorry'.
"[i:qgpr2kpf]how did you deal with it, still deal with it[/i:qgpr2kpf]?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He considers for some time, and shakes his head. <<I was in shock for a while, it was the first time I'd ever been so completely betrayed. But Ravyn found me in the bathing room, and she realized what had happened. She told my mother, and he ended up in the drider pit- as one of them. Without her, I think I would have never come out of it. she was the only person who even cared what had happened to me. My mother was just angry that he didn't ask her permission for his 'teaching methods'.>> He shrugs, and lets out a soft sigh. <<We should find them soon. Can't be too far...>

OOC: Thanks! I didn't go into too much description on it, as I wasn't sure what was allowed here at the time- but it's a pretty traumatic scene. As is a lot of what follows it. This is one of my darker tales, actually.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((well i thought mine was too much of whatever, but i looked thru some of other peoples stories, and they describe 'love' scenes....so maybe mine wasnt as bad? of course i cant write romance, i stink at it in every way...
it took me a couple times to catch what happened with that scene...then it was like...'oh'))

Inrii agreed. talking of it was still hard for her.
"[i:1b484v79]I agree. do you have any locator type spells. identify probably wont work. or will it? [/i:1b484v79]?"
((i love trying to trick magic...lol))

they trek on thru the swamp. Inrii slowed as she sensed the magical presence not far off. she cast true seeing on them both to go with all the protection spells
looking around, she spots a large tree with sturdy branches. Inrii levitated up to a branch and cast darkness around her body as she stood in the shadow. she stuck her face to the edge and looked to see if she spotted anything.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: LOl, don't feel bad- romance is hard to write, even when it doesn't involve things like magic and what-not. You should see my vampire romances. It's really hard to get the right mix when you're using multiole genres! There's a good bit of steamy stuff in this one too, but most of it comes a bit later- Haven't quite gotten that far on here yet. It's written, just not posted.

IC: <<No, no locator spells- mostly just a few minor illusions and charms, invisibility, and sonic magic. Identify won't work, I'm afraid.>> He turns to her and grins. <<However, I DO have a few other spells you might find- amusing... But we can get into that later. You see anything up there?>>

-----------------------------------

Morganna paces restlessly, still anxious to go after them. <<When I find that little we'ha, I am going to make him suffer,>> she thinks savagely. She pauses, thinking back to the last time she saw him. She had been about to plunge the spider-leg dagger into the half-dragon wench's breast, when the sentimental fool stepped in front if her and tried to grab her wrist to stop her. She had simply driven her knee into his groin and used the distraction of that pain to thrust it into his instead. Not as satisfying an end as she might have liked. Far too quick for her taste. And then the dragon-whore had broken from her hold spell and leapt at her with claws slashing and fire-breath blasting in her face. It had taken a long time for those wounds to heal after her contingency teleport had shunted her back to Helsrom's lair for him to use his resurrection scroll.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i shouldnt ever need to worry bout it that i think of...))

she look around. a distance away their was a haze and a cleared area. her true seeing penetrated the magical aura.
"[i:60s6zr3n]i see gathered enemies, trolls, orcs, and is that a mini dragon beast? i think the wizard is hidden as your sister[/i:60s6zr3n]."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<Oh, vith it,>> he swears mentally, with a sour expression. <<If she's getting drakes involved, there's no telling what will happen. Do you recognize the type?>> He asks, then slips closer for a better view. <<Never mind. I see it. A retchenbeast, by the look. Nasty creatures, though I suppose it could have been much worse... Maybe we should send a warning?>>

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Derek considers "Acid likely too quick unless applied a drop at a time, that is rather then dip in acid, place under acid vat that drips on him, a drop a minute. I think that would serve your needs well. This of course requires a live capture. The trolls will attack from the North, the arrows will come from the West." Glances to you. "You understand why the trolls do not want to be near fire. After the volley of rain of fire ends the trolls will move in. Your Drake might be wiling to go in quicker then that? We though will force them to defend against three battle areas. The only thing I have not decided is would be be best to continue to fire non flaming arrows, they will not be much a problem for the trolls, however the Drake might not like that. The other option of course is after the rain of fire stops, they charge in with sword and close combat. Which do you think might be better?"

Talking behind her back, she is unaware of your hand talk and your plots. Unlocks the one building with a key she wears and steps in to return with some chain that she starts to dress Sassar in. The chain is delicate and clearly light weight.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[i:3pidm9gf]can you do that[/i:3pidm9gf]?"
she mentally notes their movements, the gathering of equipment and such.
"[i:3pidm9gf]well, if they use fire, they will weaken their infantry. we should be close enough, I can attempt to read their surface thoughts[/i:3pidm9gf]."
she cast the spell, directing it at the one barking orders.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<I believe so,>> he sends to her, and swiftly pulls out a small scrap of parchment and a curled quill from his belt pouch. He pricks his finger- not having any ink handy- and writes out a message detailing what they have seen. A moment later he murmurs a few words, and almost immediately a blue jay flits down from a tree not far away and lands on his shoulder. The bard ties the rolled note to the bird's foot, and stares it in the eye. "Take this to the human woman on the island," he whispers. "Give it to her, and wait for her to send a reply. Go."

The little jaybird takes off, winging off into the swamp toward the camp. <<That should do it,>> he tells her after it's gone. It's fortunate I got a jay- they're smarter than most other birds. Better at courier delivery than most.>> he grins.