On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The female smiles at Derek, though in truth she finds him rather dull. "My point, friend, is that it is entirely too easy to pass by your so-called guards. I'd have whipped the lot of them for being so lax, by now. But such things can wait.....

sorry this is short- ran out a time!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"ah, well. it was worth trying," she laughed. "Clerical studies didnt work for me anyway. but out of curosity, can you make the portal view itself? I mean, this is veiled to keep out scrying, but can it keep itself out?"
Inrii listened to a possible plan, that Eilae wasnt so found of.
"Too bad you cant turn her into a worm and fish with her," she commented to Lothir.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Yes my dear" Smiles "Taking advantage of sun light to pass the the orcs is a known weakness, the reason to have many of them. Though with you here, blocking teleport clearly should be considered. The punishments have already been ordered, though whipping reduces their strength unless healing applied soon after.A quick death of course not the answer either. Narg has started his punishment, after the 30 days, he will likely die at Brag's hands"

--------------------------------

Eilae smiles to Inri "Oh it should be able to, not something I have tried. As I have said the portal can send people to places of no magic, it also can send people to places of great magic. The portal does appear to be [i:1bksif61]true seeing[/i:1bksif61] so that magic can be bypassed, however this mist is real, just magic in effect started it. Much like an earthquake is real, even though sometimes a spell is used to cause it.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: I am moving this week, and may not be able to get back on much for the next few days. Please feel free to continue, and I will jump back in when I can. Just assume that Lothir is still wandering around camp with Inrii and Eilae for now. Morg is off doing a bit more recon on the island for weak points and watching for anyone to go out into the forest/swamp. If any NPCs leave, she will try to sneak attack on them to whittle down numbers. Thanks, and I'll get back in as soon as I can!

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"ok...it was just a thought." Zarstra shook her head and rolled her eyes as Inrii rubbed her chin.
"are you using this to determine the timing of the upcoming attack?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"I was just showing one reason we hold the Island. Time forward looking does not work well, so no I do not look for timing of the attack. Even weather forecasts can be changed from what one sees in the future. However, there is more of the Island then this. Come both of you, I should show you to caves."
Eilae leads the two, should they follow, toward the cave mouth they passed on the way up to the top of the Island.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii follows Eilae twords the cave system. She and Zarstra was curious what else was here in this swamp.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

She leads the way into the tunnel, after the first 10 feet of darkness a soft light comes from the walls. "The moss provides this light, which of course makes it easier for me to travel the tunnels without magic."

The tunnel clearly appears to be natural so far, nothing much to see. Walking another 20 down and inward a dwarf stands, though silent steps aside as he recognizes Eilae, though the two of you might feel his eyes watching you. A few more feet down the tunnel a door is stopped at and opened. The light in the room is brighter and heat can be felt as she leads you into the smithy. A few elfs, dwarfs and gnomes are working at the forges. "Maybe you have need of repairs to equipment? The swamp can cause rust or other damage."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Sorry I've been unable to post, the move has kept me quite busy. Fortunately, my parents (I'm staying with them now for time being) have net. UNfortunately, it is dial-up, so very slow and sometimes unreliable...

IC: Lothir follows her into the caves, though he seems strangely uncomfortable the deeper down they go. "Goddess, I had hoped nevr to see the inside of another dark hole as long as I lived, " he mutters as they reach the door. Inside, he looks around at the smithy approvingly.

"My blades need no repairs, as they do not rust or grow dull. I wear no armor, but I do apreciate the thought. Of course, if there should happen to be a few mithril strings about, I could always use some extras for my lute." He grins, watching the smiths hard at work. "Reminds me a little of the forges in our House back on my home world."

---------------------------------------

Morganna nods pproval. "Blocking teleports? Why Derek, don't you trust me?" she asks in an overly innocent tone, then tosses her head back and laughs. "Oh, don't even bother to answer, my lord, you would be a fool if you did. Many have let down their guard to me and paid the price. It's just one of my little games to torment my prey- like the cat toys with a mouse. But I believe we should act soon. I have an idea to lure the dancing fools out, IF your minions can follow orders." She turns to gaze at him sideways, a dark, cold smile spreading on her lovely face.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

She follows her down futher into the cave. Inrii had been born and raised on the surface, but she had traveled to a few Underdark cities before. and the same watching presence was here also.
"I hadnt heard of many elven blacksmiths before." she whispered to Lothir.
Inrii looks to her recently acquired sword. "naw, I think it's working quite well." She wasnt gunna pull out all her hidden daggers, tho some might be a bit dull.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Lorhir she smiles to you at your question, though was surprised by your and Inrii's reaction to entering a simple cave. "For mithril strings we would only need to go to the craft hall. Yes we do find work for the faithful at the forges, my blade was made here by my hand"

Looks to Inrii "Do you wish to see more of the caves or would you feel better returning above? Maybe Zarstra would like to meet my companion, however that is further down.?"

------------------

Derek nods "It is something that can be done and sometimes needful. " Nothing said about trust, however the smile given in return might be answer enough. "As to the plan you have, I can field two swamp trolls that tend to obey because they know I can fireball them to death." frowns "I did have three until that accused human lead a hunt and got that one. Of the orcrs battle ready I have maybe 20, the kobolds could add another 40 or so for distraction." Hesitates "I could call on other forces, though the leaders would require a share of the power and I am uncertain that the power can be shared. Your goal is that one you hunt, not to gain the island. Thus we can help each other to gain our goals."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard quirks a brow at Inrii's comment. "Really? I'm surprised. They do make some of the most beautiful gold and silver items. Mithril, too, when it's available. Our smiths were mostly enslaved dwarves, but there were a few fair elves, too- mostly for finer work."

He turns back to Eilae with a smile. "Forgive my discomfort earlier. Ever since I left home, I've tried to stay away from caves- reminds me too much of home. But I can deal with it for a bit longer," he adds. "And there were a few that I remember fondly. The geode cavern I found during one of my secret forays out into some unexplored tunnels was amazing. A hundred feet up and across of nothing but crystals of every color you could imagine, with a floor of solid obsidian. I used it as a practice area for playing my flute, and for swordwork."

----------------------------------------

"Ah, that wil certainly suffice. I was thinking of herding them toward your troops with Vilethraix, and perhaps even using that lake creature to thin out their numbers as well. How far can those orcs of yours shoot a bow?" Morg asks Derek (OOC: what's the distance from island to shore? Longbow range?) "I thought we might send a few flaming arrows in to get their attention, then send the drake in from the other side. He can cetainly handle any who resist, but I'm hoping most of them will be too busy trying to put out the flames and go after your minions to realize theyare being led. Once they are far enough from their little sanctuary, I can simply box them in with a force wall or two. And then you can have your little human wench to play with, and I will have my brother and my prize!" she leans close, almost coiling around him.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"most of our metal work is from trade, raids or just theft. they periodically send some to trade with Underdark cities, especially for lizard mounts." she answers back.
"i have no qualms with more of the tour."
Zarstra nodded her agreement.
Her mind was still wondering about preperations for the battle, or did Eilae's include showing them these 'secrets'?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Lothir, Eilae lightly touches your arm to offer comfort, not sure of what your reaction will be. "I do not know you well, but I can understand the fear of caves. At first I needed light to walk that first ten feet" Walking out of the smithy, points to the moss. "I am told it is hard to keep it growing this high. They grow it for me and others that visit that can not see it the dark. I have seen wonders, in person or with the portal, water falls splashing after hundreds of feet drop, even the spire of Menzoberranzan being lite by the mage. There are many wonders to behold."

Eyes turns to Zarstra and Inrii, "We will not travel much further in, just a few more rooms is all I wish to show you. Come my friends, just a little deeper in."

She leads you past an archway where a Drow stands weapon ready in full elven plate to a door way just a little beyond. "This is our craft hall, Strings for your lute." The room is empty at this time, however clearly can be seen items in process of ctaft and items such as strings waiting to be crafted. There of course is a rack of tools to aid the crafting. "You should find the strings that you seek here." Eyes turn again to Inrii "I have just one more room to show you, though Zarstra might be more interested then you. I will introduce you to Sassar that is a friend and protector"

Indeed Eilae appears to have no concern about Derek or Morganna, but what is unseen is what Jorden, Micha and the others are doing on the surface.

------------------------

Derek smiles "A plan to draw them out quickly with your friend might not work well. They defend that Island only at times going out for a hunt or a raid. With magic the orcs can shoot 5 times the normal range, with smoke powder almost certainly they can set something on fire. It clearly is uncertain they would leave the Island, unless such was planned. I think that human would rather burn to death before leaving, most of her followers appear loyal to her lead." Shakes head. "Can you believe any Drow taking orders from a human, even song birds? Oh the Drake clearly would be a task, however they would relish it." sighs softly "There is a reason the Dragons keep a far distance from that benighted Island." Your closeness, though clearly an effort to play him, gives you a warm smile. "My dear, if we catch her, she certainly can provide a few half orcs. The only trick being making sure she does not get enough rest. I am sure my troops will like the reward, even if they have to wait a turn." Grins
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra was a bit excited. someone she would like? another spell casting lizard? 'who is this Sasser?' She then climbed down from Inrii to the cave ground.
Inrii noticed the crafting tools and many useful items. If Eilae showed them a treasury or some vault, she might not be able to resist temptation.
After Lothir was finished with what he needed, "lead the way then."