On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He signs quickly in drow, making sure none of the other orcs can see. <Just let me do the talking, then, if needs be. The mimicry only works on myself. If any one talks to you, just nod and grunt.> He quickly moves back to where the orc was standing, pretending that he just came from behind a tree, casually adjusting his leggings as if just having finished some "business". <<Follow my lead.>> he says through the mind spell.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

she nodded and followed. "[i:nksxju90]at least the spell still works for a while[/i:nksxju90]!"
it was fun walking among the enemy as one of them. she held her urge to throw fireballs at them.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((Sorry, been looking at this page for about a week now, just get distracted))

The orc is taken down successfully.

As Lothir approaches the other, the orc studies you. "Time soon enough to eat, then we die."

---------------------------------

Drek wonders about what the female is thinking with the wave of hand. "My'Lady it clearly shall be as you wish. I go now to issue the needed orders."
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii just grunted a response to the orc. she also spotted Zarstra crawling around camp. the lizard had neared a fancier tent to overhear anything. inside was...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Morg nods, and goes off to make her own praparations for the attack. Not wanting to leave anything to chance, she decides that prhaps it is time to use one of her most potent defences, and a certain item or two aquired during her travels, as well...

The bard sees a familiar figure slipping silently from the tent, and pokes at Inrii. <<It's her,>> he says through the mind link. <<They are getting ready for something big- tonight. Let's see if we can slow them down or even turn them against each other.>> He turns to Inrii and grins.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Derek steps out to issues orders. "The attack is to be flame arrows, you will not be required to attack the Island." Looks to the axe wielders. "Your task shall be to kill all that come from the island to attack the archers. Yes even defending the Kobold archers as long as they shoot the island."

Raises a hand to the surprise and resistance pictured in some faces. "This is your part of a total plan to take the island for sure and ever. Your part of this task is to draw as many out that you can. Others are tasked with taking the island when you bring out the defenders. Two marks before daylight the first arrows must fly. As daylight joins us, we will know of our success and more orders issued then. We will take the island if the plan does well. Be assured I will be with or near you in this attack. There are a few marks rest for you before you take position, use those hours well if you wish to enjoy victory on the island."

Walks away from them, leaving the Chief to deal the details and plans his own personal plans to deal with the Human and Morg. The time of attack is set and will soon enough start. He wonders a little about how the female will response to a rain of fire arrows.

--------------------

((I did kinda want the blue jay to come to hand, but so be it))

Eilae reads the message, offers the blue jay food and drink even as she reads the message. Plans are made according to what information was provided.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Attacking just before daylight? With fire arrows? That must have been her idea- she's trying to catch them off-guard when they'll be less likely to expect it. Keep an eye out for anyone watching," the bard says softly to Inrii. "I'm going to put a slight wrinkle in whatever plans they've made."

He moves purposefully over to the area where the weapons are being kept, and pretends to be inspecting some of them, but murmurs very softly over each one he touches. A barely perceptible oily sheen covers each bow, and some of the axes, as well. After several surripetous castings, he moves on, pretending to check several swords in their sheaths. At last, he goes into an empty tent, and finds several lengths of rope, and slips them under his cloak, out of sight beneath his orc disguise.

He comes back out of the tent, and walks along the perimiter of Derek's camp, dropping each length of rope in an out of he way spot near groups of the orcs and particularly the kobolds. When he's finished, he turns back to her and grins. "The fun should start soon," He says softly, snickering. "Let's see how well they can attack now."

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii grins also as he goes about the weapons. she doesnt see anyone who cares.
she gets out of sight to set up some traps around the camp, simple ones, but some painful and ones to slow them down.
"[i:34aoypbm]should we go after your sister now[/i:34aoypbm]?" she mentally asked thru the link. "[i:34aoypbm]or go after the wizard in some manner[/i:34aoypbm]?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<I'm not too worried about the wizard, but I've used up most of my magic already, and I don't have anything to defend against magical attacks if it comes to a spell-battle. But that would apply to either of them. I have just enough left to animate those ropes and one or two extra spells besides, so I'd rather not tangle with a wizard with a full compliment. We should wait until he is ready to attack, then take him by surprise. But Morg is another matter altogether. She never leaves anything to chance. We should see what she's up to first.>>

The reply comes in a swift torrent of thoughts, as if he's growing excited by the prospect of taking down he wizard and his minions. He has an intense look on his face, that seems at odds with his earlier behavior, as if he is someone entirely different- or is working up the resolve to face the half-drow female.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Eilia receiving only the information pf the plan to attack with fire, troll and Drake ((Yes I checked information sent based of first over heard conversation, page last post of page 14)) makes plans according to what the bluejay provided. The timing of the attack not provided makes it a little harder to plan defenses, however the attack is expected during the dark times. Itis Derek's way and there is no indication that Morg would prefer a daylight attack. Orders are issued, then she walks to the top of the Island and opens the portal to watch and with luck hear as well. The search is for Derek, Morg and the Drake.

-------------------------

Derek leaves the orcs and kobolds to follow their orders, himself preparing himself to his own plans.
The Orc chief looks to the sickle of the Moon, orders the troops to move into the swamp to get into range. The only good thing in these orders is that they do not have to step foot of that cursed island.

The use of magic on weapons was not detected. The order to march is issued. If reaching an effective range the orders to be issued is "Light arrows and fire at the island, continue until no arrows are left."

Thus the battle begins for the island.

((Edit, forgot about traps and such that might slow or stop))
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Mon May 10, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[i:2dovuulh]alright, lets get her then[/i:2dovuulh]"
the spell listening to the surface thoughts of the captain warned her.
"[i:2dovuulh]their beginning[/i:2dovuulh]!" she metally hollered to Lothir. "[i:2dovuulh]i hope our traps and tricks work in slowing them down.[/i:2dovuulh]"

she had set up spike traps, like bear traps and of course some famous drow sleep poison on the teeth. her hands are ready with spells and she has her special sword also ready to be used.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<Good! Now comes the fun!>> he answers. As soon as the enemies begin to march out, he waits until all but the last line has gone out, and slips to the back of the line, and softly chants out the spell that animates the first rope, causing it to snake out and wrap around three orcs, pinning their arms to their sides and gagging them as well. Then he dashes across to where he left he nxt rope, and does the same, and so on. Soon there are nearly a dozen of the troops bound nd gagged, with the rest of the small army hardly noticing the thinning at the back of th ranks.

<<Now let's see how well they fight when their weapons stick to their sheaths!>> he tells her, and grins. He moves quickly back into a position toward the rear of the army, and quickly signs to Inrii to put the females in the camp to sleep.

-------------------

Morganna hears the order to march, and smiles to herself, moving into a position near the trolls and retchenbeast(drake) ready to aid them if needs be- and to ready her own little surprise for the priestesses and their followers. She notices that her brother and his new friend appear to be missing from the camp, but is not concerned.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the march was nearing some of Inrii's traps now. it would only take out a few, but enough to cause a stir among them as those who stepped in them would fall asleep then awaken to a sickness that they felt like they were dying. one her her favorite poison concoctions

Inrii held in her laughs at the funny scene. for her voice was still elven and would be noticeable.
(sleep spell or crossbow? i dont have a sleep spell.)
Inrii nodded and pulled out her wrist crossbow, serpets sting. it was magical with unlimited bolts. but she would have to switch to the poison darts first instead of the ones it usually shot.

Inrii paused. maybe it was time to let him in on her secret weapon. "[i:2fw6tg1x]i have a way to stop the spell casters. assuming you dont rely totally on magical items as it will effect us as well. but it will weaken the wizard for sure and possible your sister.[/i:2fw6tg1x]" a wicked smile was on her face as she remembered last time she used the obsidian stone. it stopped a lich from gaining the advantage and allowed them to take out the fey'ri of the Raven's claw guild.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<<Just warn me before you ue it, so I can get out of the way. My sabers ar the only weapons I use, and they are enchanted. But so long as I can stay just outside the range of whatever you are ding, it should not matter. The wizard is the more important to stop casting, and if I know Morg, she won't stay too close to him. She's likely off forming her own attack, since she doesn't seem to be with his main force.>> Hesends back, then signals her to get into a position near the wizard, while he begins to circle around the other side- in the direction the trolls went.

Morganna watches the march begin from up head and far to he flank of the trolls and retchenbeast. After a few moments, she spots the ropes snaking out to tie and gag the last ranks of the orcs and a trio of kobolds, and grimaces. "So you thought to even the odds, did you little brother? A pity it will make no difference in the end..." She murmurs to herself, and swiftly moves through the branches toward a suspicious-looking oc near the back of the army.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii reached into a disguised pouch, her hand clasped the small adamatine and lead crafted box.
"[i:1zficgqj]the effects will only work as long as the container is open. but all enchantment will return once i close it."[/i:1zficgqj]
Inrii started to make her way twords the wizard when she sensed the powerful beings. she sensed someone watching them.
[i:1zficgqj]"zarstra, where you at?"
"near a wizard. he's not too happy i dont think."
"is he alone[/i:1zficgqj]?"

((now i guess we really got wait for Bhaern))