On the Edge of the Breathing Swamp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, I can make certain she never sleeps again," Morg says with a wicked smile. "I am quite adept at various forms of torture, you see. What kind would you prefer? And leave the magic to me. The beauty of this plan is its simplicity. We give them a target they cannot resist by having your followers well out of range of their magic, to lure them away from the island in order to fend off the attack, then bring the drake and perhaps the trolls in from behind to keep them from retreating back to it. If your orcs are using fire, the wretched dancers will have no choice but to strike back to keep their precious camp from being engulfed. And that is when I shall strike. A wall of force ot three, and they will be completely cut off."

--------------------------------

The young drow smiles back. "Worry not. I never said I was afraid of caves- after all, I was born and lived most of my life in one- but it is a reminder of home, and not something I care to do often. I suppose it's the thought of not being able to see the sky, or the oppressive feel of the ones back home."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Elia leads now to the next room. "Sarrur, I bring three friends" Looks to Lothir, Irnii and Zarstra "She is as blind as I am in the caves, but a good friend and defender." Leads into a room that one might consider a stable in that there is harnesses and food bins. The steeds though are large lizards instead of horses. One comes to Eilea and lowers her hear toward her. Eilae reaches her hand up to caress the large lizard's head. Looking to the two Drow she speaks again. "This is Sassar, my friend and defender. " Looks to Zarstra "I did think you might want to know that some of your kin are part of us. I do hope you and Sassur will be friends, however know you are always welcomed to the food stored here." The food of course being things like bugs and worms, though there is also grasses and grains that lizards eat as well.

Sassar nuzzles Eilae as she speaks to the others.

"Lothir, I am scared of caves they can not always be trusted. An unhappy home be it above or below." pauses a moment as she takes a breath "Indeed being reminded of can bring back memories that one would not wish to be reminded of. For me what is in my past I prefer not to recall is made up by the friends I have now. It might not be the answer for you, but friendship is offered to you."

Walks from the room with Sassur following, walking on the ceiling once the cave tunnel is again entered. Leading back up to the surface. While the cave certainly went deeper the tour does not include that.

"Come we should see what this day has brought us. Derek clearly has not been idle. Your sister like;y has not been either."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Derek looks at Morg "No sleep to prevent her from gaining spells, torture for its own sake rarely works well. It serves best as an example. If we get her alive, being mother of children that hate song birds will be more then enough torture I would think, though minor other pains clearly are indicated as well. Healing to keep her alive of course would be required if she is to produce the children, but pain can be applied again quickly." Morg might get the sense that now only half orcs is in these plans, that a half drow might be part of it.
"The attack plan clearly might work, get them and that cursed human away from the Island and they will have less protection. Killing the males and keeping the females clearly a good plan. Burning the island should drive them out, though of course the trolls will not get close to fire. They though clearly can prevent any return to the island. Let us set attack time for this eve."
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii was as shocked as Zarstra was, "riding lizards? I didnt know eilist..." she started to say then, "..yall used them."
[i:2gyj356h]wow. um, hey[/i:2gyj356h]. the lizard was shy for once.
Inrii giggled when she heard her familiar.
"I think you bewildered her, she speechless."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Morg giggles at his antiquated ideas of torture. "Ah, silly male- did you not know that such pasttimes cn be used for so much more than smply to bring pain? When I said I knew ways to prevent her from sleeping, I was not merely referring to pain alone. Cut off her eyelids, and put her in a place of bright light and noise, and I assure, you, it will not only prevent her from sleeping, but drive her mad as well! She would never cast another spell again, I'd warrent." She laughs again- a sound that is both full of mirth and oddly disturbing. One might wonder if the woma herself s not slightly mad.

"I agree. The attack should come tonight. I have grown tired of waiting." She smiles. "And- afterward.... Perhaps I can show you some of my OTHER pasttimes?" She gives him a sultry smile, and her hand slides down the long handle of her blade-staff in slow imitation of a lover's caress, as if hinting of things to come.

------------------------------------------------------

The bard follows te others back out, breathing a sigh of relief onc back out in the open air. "Your friend here is a most marvelous creature. I never was much of arider myself, but I do enjoy being around creatures of all sorts. Cats, especially. And owls. There was one in a small valley on the surface above my home. I found the tunnels that led to it myself, and no one else even knew they existed. There was an owl there, a pure white one named Snowfeather. That valley was where I first saw HER. Where I watched her dance, and she spoke to me. It was a sacred place, I believe, and Snowfeather was one of her messengers. " He smiles as if remembering some pleasant moment, and turns back to her.

"No, I suppose you're right. If I know her, she has probably already planned something terrible for us all."

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Inrii with a smile Eilae leads from the cave, the half comment noticed though not replied to directly. "Sarrar was given to me it egg, we have been friends ever since. Though tunnel riding gets more interesting as we normally are both blind there. We reply on sound, touch and friends." Smiles to Zarstra "I did not intend to bewilder, just thought you would like to know some kin was her for you."

Once out of the cave, Sassar paces next to Eilae no longer able to walk on the ceiling. :Lothir, I am glad you think well of my friend." Wonders about the vision, but not really the time to ask further. He certainly could be blessed, but more urgent matters apply right now. "If she is working with Derek, the attack will likely come this eve. A fire attack, fireball at minimum can be expected. I do sometimes wonder why so often they choose night, it is mot like most of us and them have adjusted to daylight. Maybe just a plan to get closer before they can be seen? Jorden and Jenia likely have a report for us, it clearly is possible that Nuta and Micha also might have some sense of plans. The others clearly aware of the on going problem might have discovered more as well. Once we reach the camp and hold council, we might plan something more terrible for her. You are under my protection and nothing will happen to you as long as I live."

Leads back down to the camp buildings, wondering how long she will live, the Drow certainly will out live her by years.

Morg, glances at your giggle. "Mutilation does not prevent sleep, even noise does not prevent that" sighs softly " Sometimes even being raped does not prevent sleep. The real need is to make sure such a spell caster does not get enough sleep. As for driving one mad, at times one might go mad trying to drive another one into such. However, until we have success, there is nothing I can do with that cursed human. Tonight is a good night to attack. With your friend and my full forces we surely will overcome their defenses. Shall we set attack time at full sunset?"
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"I rescued Zarstra as an egg when the nest was destoyed. she's been with me since. of course now that she's getting the hang of my spells, she's loving it. and she's happy to have met another lizard similar to her."
she listened as ealae spoke to lothir of the attack.
"my house operates everything at night, so it could be significant thing. can you make the swamp damp, like cast major water spells? so if they use fire, it will be harder to catch fire. but I have some ice spells to help counter-act the fire."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir nod at Eilae's thoughts, and follows her back to the camp. To Inrii, he signs surripitously <<We need to talk- privately.>> He sighs, glancing out at the surrounding swamp and lake. <Something is wrong. I can FEEL it,> he thinks, knowing that where Morg is concerned, fire is the least of their worries. He knows she has far worse things at her disposal. He has seen firsthand the kind of destruction she is capaable of.

--------------------------------

She rolls her eyes at the male's rather quaint views, and smirks. "No, full sunset is too obvious, as is midnight. I was thinking of just before dawn, when everyone is less alert and their gaurd is at it's lowest. No one ever expects it to come so late in the night. Say, between moonset and sunrise? That gives us two hours of total darkness in which to work. And if the battle runs too long, we can use the rising sun as a blind. Trust me, Derek, I have been in more raids than you can imagine." She gives him an almost haughty look, as if to show her tactical superiority.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii nodded and signed back,[color=blue:3ee6smwu] ok, back at camp. they should gather to discuss battle strategy soon anyway before including us in on it[/color:3ee6smwu].
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He motions her over to one side when they reach the camp, far enough away that even the ars of other elves can't hear. "I'm not entirely sure Eilae understands the danger, here," he tells her bluntly.

"I know she feels secure here, with all the wards. But to be honest, I'm not so certain of safety. She mentioned fire as a possible threat, and I agree, but Morganna has been known to do things no one would expect, and to use one attack to hide her true goals. For Goddess, sake, she once murdererd a human woman and took her shape just to listen in on a conversation between two of her enemies! One cannot go about making assumptions where she is concerned, but I'm afraid that is exactly what the others are doing. Everyone here is just too- complacent. Confidnet. And I've a terrible feeling it is going to get someone killed."

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

she listened to him. "i'm not as familiar with their mode of operation, but they do seen less concerned. what do you think we should do then, sneak out after her and take the fight to her?"
she had been wanting to use her secret weapon for a while. few could handle the breath of a shadow dragon.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Or at least some old-fashioned spying. You were raised a thief, yes? I don't mean that to be offensive, just an observation. Perhaps we could at least get close enough to discover what they have planned." He seems to be thinking. "She's fond of traps, and poison, and of spells that cause death- the more gruesome, the better, in her mind. I would not be surprised if she's laid some sort of spell-triggers all around this place. And there's that cursed weapon of hers. It seems to make her stronger and harder to hit the more blood it sheds." (OOC:It has a "Sadism" pell from BoVD on it.)

He paces a little, as if deep in plans of his own. <I always knew the day might come when I would have to pull out that gods-forsaken spell,> he thinks. <I still don't know why I ever learned t in the first place, but something told me I might need it someday- ghastly as it is.> (OOC: He's contemplating using the "Bonefiddle" from CSC. A nasty little bardic torture/death spell.)

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"no offense, and yes, i have skills in stealth as well as the arcane. my job was scouting and spying. traps? not much of a problem. posion, i have jewelry to care for that. so lets go check this out."
she cast globe of invulnerbility on each of them, then endure elements, and resistance.
"i will cast a telepathic bond so we can talk without speach and if split up.
her hand go thru the motions.
[i:hqh3kttf]working[/i:hqh3kttf]? she sends thru the link.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

<Yes,> He sends back. <This is strange. Never spoken this way before. Alright. Let's go.>

OOC: Will be back later- got to work on dinner...

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

they both headed off from camp, Zarstra in the pocket.
[i:1mag6u6g]it will take a bit to get use to. and dont worry, it doesnt read minds. i have other spells for that[/i:1mag6u6g], she joked.