Inauguration

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
User avatar
Doxa'era
Traveler
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wearing Pants... Wherever I is.
Contact:

Inauguration

Post by Doxa'era » Fri May 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Doxa slipped away, skitted out from the place he was housed and fled into the forest, ensuring that none followed him--though it was much more difficult since the world above was so... big when compared to the caverns of the Underdark. In the tunnels that ran underground, there was a very good chance you could lose any pursuers mostly because of the monsters or the covering of tracks. Doxa took special care when he was moving through the forest, careful to remain silent and dodge fallen dry sticks that would hint at his whereabouts, made sure there was very little of a trail left to follow. He hoped to move out, under the mask of the moonless black sky to his destination. The lithe drow elf managed to pick his way to a commonly used trail and quickly takes the route. The general direction of his appointment was magically imbued in his memory.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by Bhaern Quel » Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 pm

With the blessings of the Goddess a silver light traces lightly before you.

User avatar
Malek
Champion
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: Rochester, NY. USA

Post by Malek » Mon May 19, 2008 1:11 am

The subtle sounds of someone in a hurry woke Malek from his light nap, up in a tree. Looking down, he caught sight of something lithely making its way deeper into the forest. Hopping up, Malek jumped from branch to branch in the trees until he was a short distance ahead of the traveler. Here, he stopped, and called out to him. "Salutations traveler. Where do you go on this fine night?"
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd

User avatar
Doxa'era
Traveler
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wearing Pants... Wherever I is.
Contact:

Post by Doxa'era » Fri May 23, 2008 8:26 am

Doxa stopped, paused as he heard someone following him. A detour... Somewhere else. Doxa paused and found he hadn't moved. Again, he listened. A rustle of leaves, nothing more. The dark elf turned around to face Malek and he stared at the other with a quiet intensity before, at length, Doxa replied with a faux smile. "Just for a stroll... I have to sort a few things out." Doxa slipped the man another beguiling smile before turning around. "It might be best if I do this on my own." Doxa began walking again, on the trail that would lead him... home.

Jallil Vlos
Traveler
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Jallil Vlos » Sat May 24, 2008 9:39 am

Jallil Vlos silently watches from the darkness of the shadows that hold her in it's cold embrace, watching the two before her, but making no sound. The woman's emerald eyes smolder in the darkness, and with her dark hooded cloak wrapped about her form, it would take a keen eye to notice the woman. She watches Doxa'era pass close to her, the soft rustle of the trees masking her shifting to allow her to grasp the hilt of the raiper strapped to her waist. She doesn't draw the weapon, simply watches. As the two talk, she takes a single step back, the grass hardly moving as she does so. Keeping her eyes on the two, hearing that Doxa'era is simply out for a walk, makes the woman's lips curve into a cold smile.
War is not in human nature. But I am not human. War is what I thrive on. To want anything less is a disgrace to my Darkest Desires

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2031
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by Bhaern Quel » Sat May 24, 2008 11:46 pm

The silver light trail is only visable to Doxa's eyes should he choose the invitation.

User avatar
atiguy
Traveler
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:30 am
Contact:

Post by atiguy » Sun May 25, 2008 10:01 am

From atop a hill a mile away in Doxa'era's path the wizard calls forth his familiar with but a whisper a small bat materializes from the shadows on a unseen tree behind Xorinth. The wizard speaks softly to the familiar while gripping his obsidian staff..."a boy runs through the forest..you know how we feel about darklings in the forest. watch this possible fool. I trust you will be quite fine. now go off with you...do not fail" The bat leaves in to the darkened night as the wizard drops a globe of darkness and meditates within its center. "and i shall break him should he harm a surface dweller" he mumbled..."forgive me dear goddess i do so try to be subtle...do help me..." he then fell into deep thought...

Jallil Vlos
Traveler
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Jallil Vlos » Mon May 26, 2008 9:59 am

Lifts her emerald gaze, the soft hiss of the creature on her shoulder echoing softly through the darkness. The giant spider, nearly larger then a full grown man's hands put together, rests just above her left breast, it's legs splayed over her shoulder and down her chest. Spotting the bat, the spiders eyes lift, the jewel like faucets gleaming as it watches the silent flyer.
War is not in human nature. But I am not human. War is what I thrive on. To want anything less is a disgrace to my Darkest Desires

User avatar
Doxa'era
Traveler
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wearing Pants... Wherever I is.
Contact:

Post by Doxa'era » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Doxa'era went on through the forest, though impeccably wary of his current situation. Perhaps he should have invited that man he abandoned for an extra set of eyes. He knew he was watched; even the trees had eyes on him. The drow felt sorely out of place here in the open skies of the World Above. Perhaps this conclave he had been invited to would prove promising. Still he went, fingers itching to draw one of those knives that were thrown. He was wary still and despite the fact he was on the surface, he was still a drow right down to the core. He did not trust anything but especially crafts of magic. He heard the hiss of the spider, though faint, he did not easily dismiss it. Hissing spiders, to his knowledge, had no place on the surface. He was on high guard now.

User avatar
Malek
Champion
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: Rochester, NY. USA

Post by Malek » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:55 pm

Male was disappointed at being turned away, but respectfully kept his distance. A few moments passed as he looked around for another tree to nap in.

Then he heard the chattering of the animals. Malek could not make out all of the details, but he could tell that someone else was nearby and something about a giant spider. As far as he could make out, the spider was big, but not too big to cause alarm. He asked a raccoon specifically to go ahead and see what was up.

As it darted off in the indicated direction, Malek stretched and pulled up his left sleeve, his arm feeling sore. Massaging the muscles of his upper arm, his darkvision in full swing. He examined the recent tattoo on his left shoulder, the name of his love permanently inked in his arm.

A moment later, the raccoon returned and told him the situation. Malek tanked him, and told him where he could find some berries nearby. He rose and drew his elvish scimitars. Snow Leopard glowed slightly in his right hand as the moisture in the air crystallized around it. He set off, as quickly as he could without sounding like a barbarian on the warpath.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd

User avatar
CPLShadow
Traveler
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by CPLShadow » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 pm

A tall, thin wood elf with leaf green light but sturdy armor with a symbol of an old oak tree on the chest of the armor, walks through the forest some what lost due to the fact that this forest was new to him. He hears some movement coming from his right hand side and quickly pulls an arrow from his quiver and places it on his bow aiming towards the sound he had heard waiting for the creature to reveal itself. Heart racing and sweat beginning to form on his brow, nervous of what creature could possibly be running at such a high rate towards him

Post Reply