Lest we forget

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Lest we forget

Post by Zekafae »

The day was like any other and night was fast approaching and Zekafae found himself deep in the forest. He having taken up briefly some training from a wizard (only within the last fifty years) had a familiar traveling with him. A small black and silver colored cat with golden eyes. The cat was more of company for him these days. He stopped and adjusted the dragon horn bow on his back and sighed checking the quiver" Naut natha merchant xor tangis'proper lorulm whol arrows. Er'griff draa zet lu'F'sarn ji feir dal biu enterance ulu harl. A draevalen saph nindol Usstan henotep itami missing l'harl cities." ( Not a merchant or even proper wood for arrows. Only two left and I'm so far from an enterance to below. At times like this I almost start missing the under cities.)

The cat looked at him as if he was mad and he shook his head chuckling some." Usstan jest Usstan jest. Usstan er'griff alu gaer whol chaon... Tangis't'yin Usstan loathe ol. Olt fridj udossa dobluthan 'zil udos zuch inbal tlus."( I jest I jest. I only go there for business... Even then I loathe it. Its just us outcasts as we always have been.) He'd leaned down and licked the cat up and climbed up into a tree finding a large wide fork in the tree which was hollow some making a good bed. Settling down in it resting the bow next to him and the sword adjusted he looked at his familiar and idly pet it. " Eili... You're the only faithful companion I have. For that I'm thankful... One of my blood is forsaken no god would take me." he chuckled and closed his eyes.

" The war only made it worse." Menzoberran (spelling?)and the typical house wars were normal and his house was erased from history thankfully and the war was just passed off as nothing but a civil action if that. The cat curled up on his stomach and watched him as he closed his eyes and some and smiled" We make a mighty fine meal for a dragon at this height..." he mused dryly." I wouldn't let it hurt you don't worry." The cat settled back down and he'd close his eyes resting from a long walk. If one wanted to they could find him but really who'd want to bother?
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

A voice singing can be hread on the the setting of the sun. The song in a language ((Orc)) you might not understand, the tune is sweet and light.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The cat's ear twitched hearing the song and he opened an eye and looked around before lifting his head hearing the song. He shifted some and just watched from his spot in the fork in the tree trying to spot its source.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The voice and the song comes nearer as the moon rises, the cat might make out the form of a single person walking amoung the trees, not headed to the tree the cat is in but might pass close to it on the figures path. The song continues.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He looked to the cat and nodded and whispered softly." Go see what's going on. I'll come down shortly." The cat nodded and slipped from the hiding spot and climbed down the tree and slowly and silently went over its form down low to the ground as if stalking the figure it saw but was more trying to keep quiet to watch and see. At the same time he had gathered his things and started climbing down.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The cat is not detected nor the slower desent of Zekafae from the tree. As the cat stalks it might see and identify a young male orc that is singing tenor, a battle axe laying acrose his sholder as he walks to a glade.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Once he touched the ground he slowly moved to where the cat was willing himself to blend a bit more into the foliage around him the cat knew he was there. An orc... singing tenor... what strange land had he wandered into now. Sure in most places he wouldn't have much thought but to release an arrow but those days of his youth were long gone he was smarter and now he was watching.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Reaching the edge of the glade, hesitates a moment but then with a resolved step enters the moomlite space between the trees steping to the center. Taking the war axe trusts it into the middle of the glade blade up. Slowly strats to weave about it starting another song. A dance of some sort perhaps, but a strange one were he dances out of his clothing, the leather armor first to go as he is bathed in moonlight. The song still in orc but you might hear and recognise the Drow word "Eilistrraee" as part of the song. The dance if you would call it that brings his arm in contact with one side of the double bladed axe, drawing blood.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the dance if one could call it that was one thing but a nude make orc just made him raise a brow. Hearing the name of a goddess he had heard about a fair number of times more so since he had come to the surface. The years now he didn't bother counting now. His hair white pure white and yet he was still in his prime. Go figure. He looked down to the cat who just watched him almost as if to tell him to go out there. He narrowed his eyes and whispered" I'm not going out there.. not while he's doing whatever ritual or dance... I have that much consideration.." at times he damned himself for having allowed himself to be trained and practically raised by a human and a wood elf but he wouldn't have the skills now if it wasn't for them.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The dance undistrubed, the arms and legs nicked with blood a Silverly light surrounds the blade and slowly starts to fade Any signs of rust or inprefection if seen before on the blade no longer seen. The axe is removed from the ground it was planted in and the orc moves toward a tree, one hand reaching to pick up some discarded clothing.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching this he idly had a thought as he had a feeling that maybe just maybe if he followed this one.. or try to find one of the temples he might find a place to actually live out the rest of his days. Gods only know how long that is. Slowly and silently he moved closer keeping to the shadows, his familiar close behind being just as quiet. The last thing he needed was his familiar to just do something so stupid or suddenly start speaking.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Starts to dress in his cloths and pitiful armour, eyes though casting about as there is always danger in the dark, or for that matter in the light. errehaps a sixth sense alerts him that you are near, perhaps he jus watches to be safe. There yet is no clear sign you have been detected.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching him don the attire and dress up he stopped where he was. He knew better than to encroach caution was key. Looking around and behind him making sure that nothing or no one was around or behind him.
Site, story being redone

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Still not detecting you, dressing complete and the axe in hand starts to walk from the clearing at a angle path of travel about 45 degress of where you are. For an orc prehaps not making as much noise as you might expext. To wait and follow clearly an option or you could decide to continue your travels with just a memory of the eve's event.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the orc move away he looked to his familiar thinking for a moment before slowly moving up when the orc was out of view. Moving to the area where the orc had done the dance of sorts. Thinking for a moment he decided to go and follow the orc for awhile then see if he can find the temple from the things that he's heard.
Site, story being redone