Banshee's Call - Training Session

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Banshee's Call - Training Session

Post by Rooky »

It was your typical spring day;
Flies happily buzzing around fresh horse dung, birds chirping away their cares tending to the young, squirrel's jumping around the branches, and young lovers annoying passers by with their undying love for each other...
What separated this and the training grounds, was a large wooden fence. The training grounds were large for a temple of this size, but a temple being devoted to a goddess who wields a sword twice her own size makes all things seem understandable...

An hour passed from the last training lesson. Being a veteran herself it was expected of her to do this much...
The task was given to her by one of the better standing priestesses here which she gladly excepted...so gladly, that in fact she was to report back to the priestess office to have a talk with her; there she will be greeted by several well armed guards, since the priestess is more then familiar with this ones temper.

A sigh came from her mouth, clearly showing her exasperation with her own temper, and that particular priestess.
The training grounds were calm now...no one came here usually at this time of the day, so the young woman decided to practice, for the sake of practice. At least air is a more worthy opponent then what she just dealt with... and the air doesn't shoot silver tipped bolts up her ass...
Taking the huge greatsword into her hand, she swinged it at a practice dummy, which no sooner then it was stricken was sliced clean in half.

"There's got to be someone in this place who doesn't run away screaming when I challenge them..."

Another sigh came and she continued swinging at the air.
:3
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Adjusting the last strap on his plate mail shoulder guard, Talwyn caually sauntered into the training grounds whistling a jaunty sea shanty. It was a spritely lively tune and quite enjoyable to hear.

His helm was in the crook of his right arm and he strode in with a faint smile on his lips, glancing about the grounds and observing carefully the equipment available.

The simple and unadorned platemail shone brilliantly as it was polished and buffed so that it gleamed and reflected the sunlight in a dazzling array of motes. A small symbol of Torm was the only decoraction on the breastplate, engraved delicately into the metal.

"Looking for someone to spar with are you then?

Perhaps I could oblige you a few rounds. Torm knows I need the practice and it always pays to keep in shape.

Plus its a good way of having a bit time to myself away from the wife," he said with a cheeky wink as he stood opporsite Rooky, his left hand resting lightly on the pommel of his longsword.

"Lovely as she is, her mercurial nature can be little testing sometimes. But I suppose that there are things that I do which must drive her to distraction so then we're both ideally suited to each other."

He grinned deprecatingly and looked about the training grounds, taking in the managled training dummy that Rooky had just demolished.

"So what's it to be then hm? Dueling with swords till the first blood? What rules do you use?"
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Rooky, turned to the man, stunned for a moment from the shine of the armor...her own breastplate being in good condition despite the long years of use but, THAT was taking it to far...

"Oh yeah...you're a paladin..."
She stabbed the greatsword into the ground to pick up the dummies, and to throw them aside before picking the thing out of the ground.

"Rules...alright, here's something for fair play;
Nothing that'll kill on the spot.
I know a few of the newly accepted will come to bug me, so when they see us fight they see it's a friendly match...
What else...that's about it.

Come let's begin if that's all."
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

He nodded in agreement to her very brief terms for the sparring session.

"Alright, flat of the blade, pull your blows, no lethal weaponary. Are there any wooden practice weapons around here? training swords or such? Or plain quarter staves at least?" he inquired as he set aside most of his weapons on a bench.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"Wooden swords?...Training stave? What the Hells are you talking about? We use the actual weapons.
This is a training ground after all, and steel is a required. I'm willing to set Jackal's Worth aside die to he 'small' enchantments on it. There's a store house to your left. All the usual stuff;
Leather armors, swords all sizes and shapes, shields as well. I put a bunch of scrolls in it for all the spell-slingers, that I stole from the library...Use what you're most proficient with, but I can't do much about individual abilities.
Healing potions are in there as well...stolen of course from the temple... Use what you feel most comfortable in. I'd advise you change into a more lighter armor. There's no need for such heavy equipment.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

"Hang on, you specifically said non lethal weapons, nothing that can kill in a single blow. I don't know where you did your training and I'd be asking for a refund and kicking the arse of those that were so sloppy in their instruction of your familiarity with real weapons as opposed to training ones. Even a simple training stave can kill with a single upward strike if delivered in the right place and all weapons should be handled with respect, even training ones," he said in a matter of fact tone, the jovialness fading from his face.

"And what's this about stealing from the temple eh? You freely confess to stealing supplies from this sacred place? Why?
The priestesses would have given you supplies if you asked for them. There is no need for pilfering," he said with a frown.

"I refuse to use any stolen equipment and I insist that you return all that you've stolen and that you ask for the high priestesses forgiveness for such a breach of her trust & faith in you," he said as he rebelted his longsword and kept his grip lightly on its pommel while staring at her with a flat expression.

Shaking his head he sighed and muttered to himself,
"Thieving from the temple indeed, tsk tsk."

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

The woman looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Yep, you're a paladin alright...If you knew who was in charge of the of supplying me then you'd understand...the banshee wouldn't give me a loincloth to save her own life...
And I'm not stealing from the temple, I' stealing for the temple. Besides, it's not my own use it's the students...

I said nothing of non-lethal weapo-why am I arguing with you? Look, we're not trying to kill each other, and we're not trying to destroy the temple. If you want you're more then welcome to come see me try and rend this priestess limb from limb, while she tries to rip my jugular out because of this equipment.

Now then, are we going to have this match ro are we going to spar with insults next?
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

He blinked a bit confused at what Rooky had just said.

"Banshee, what Banhsee? And you say the temple sanctions your thieving? Torms blood, this is a strange place indeed. Alright, please forgive my ignorance as I did not know you were the supply master and I will assume you *ahem* liberate supplies from those who are deemed enemies of the temple, dangerous monsters and such?" he said with a puzzled frown.

"Look, I'm not here to be your enemy, just came down for a sparring session and I'm certainly not advocating you and a priestess going at each others throats."

"One final thing, are you always this fractious or are you merely having a bad fur day?" , he said with a mocking grin as he suddenly withdrew his glowing frosty blue longsword, it's razor sharp point directed at her as he settled into a guard position, balancing lightly on the balls of his feet.
She could feel the intense cold eminating from the blade.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

A sigh came from her mouth...he didn't understand a thing she said...
"No, not a bad fur day...I'm ussually less friendly then this, so you're one of the few lucky to have escaped my temper. I see news spreads quickly here. You were quick to find out of my other self. No matter...I don't plan to go crazy at any point.

She gripped her own sword tightly ready to charge.

"Oh, I should probably warn you...I'm a bit stronger then most people so, don't get angry if you get a punch that's harder then expected...sometimes I forget my own strength..."

The woman ended her speech with a purposely stupid grin on her face. As she charged it dissapeared. She aimed for an overhead slash making it easier for him to block and move out by slowing down.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

He let her charge right in, then suddenly stepped back with his left leg, pivoting on the ball of his right foot, allowing her over-head slash and forward momentum to propel her onwards past him since she'd met no resistance.

As she past, he grinned cheekily as he lightly flicked the blade and tapped out towards her butt with the flat of his sword, then took a coulpe of quick steps backwards with a merry glint in his eyes.

"Strength doesn't win all battles." He winked at her as he moved slowly, keeping her in front of him.
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"..nyagh..."
"...ouch...that was low..."

The girl kept grumbling as she stumbled to her feet.
"30 years of fighting and he trips me over with that...you're good..."
A grin appeared on her face and she prepared for another charge. Rooky circled Talwyn this time round, the sword held in one hand, and the other ready to catch whatever comes.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

"Low? Me?" He batted his eyelashes at her with an innocent, cherubic smile.

Moving with a lithe grace that belied his size, he took quick two steps forward, feinting deftly with a lunge at her sword.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Parrying his attack what seemed like waving off flies then a sword, the greatsword gave off a small explosion of it's own;
Ice flickered to all sides hitting against the armors of the two.
"This sword's cold too..."
Rooky lunged again, this time aiming for Talwyn's shoulder pads.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Talwyn moved forward in a sudden motion, dropping down into a low squat and swiveling slightly to his right which allowed Rookys lunge to pass closely over his shoulder. He could feel the icey cold from her greatsword against his face.

His forward lunging squat had brought him right up in front of Rooky, corps a corps. He immediatley stood up from the lunging squat with a smirk.

Still moving, as though like a dancer, he placed his free left hand lightly on her hip as he whirled around her waist, using her weight as an anchor.

He spun past her, taking a few extra steps to separate them again.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Before tango master got away Rooky grabbed him by the neck line of his armor lifting him, and putting him infront of her again.

"Here...not behind...here..."

She stepped a foot back, and unable to resist the urge, kicked him straight into his stomach. She picked her sword up again, and went towads him