Banshee's Call - Training Session

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

"Oh, I'm sorry to se you go Rooky, take care and may the Hand of Torm shield you from harm,' he said as she left. He watched he disapear witha hint of bregret as he was just starting to get to know her.

"Well Thalon, what did she mean about this place?" as he entered the tavern with Thalon.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

"don't worry Talwyn she'l be back later"(he said as he placed his hand on his shoulder)

"well you see thers a reson rooky likes this place so much"(as they step in they are greeted with a scean of utter chaos. various races of all creeds and colers are drinking, fighting , gambling and haveing a good time. busty barmaids served drinks by the tankerd full,sleepey eyed drunks litter the floor hear and there, the ocasnole brawl breaking out now and then and vairous ladys of ill repute ply there trade)

(as if in response to Talwyns earlyer qustion a tankerd of ale shatters on the wall behind Talwyn mere inches from his face)

"carefull or step in some of the local culture"
(thalon chuckled as he made his way to the bar)
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

OOC: Thalon we must have been close friends in a past life :D

IC:

It would have been a nice day really. The usual tavern was usually at this hour filled with drunken brawlers and madmen...

*sigh*[i:1pf19st3]Why do I have to suffer this? I could have quite comfortably be drinking some horrid brew the owner "makes just for his dear, dear wolfie" with a barmaid in my lap...best be for this wench she finishes up quickly and with less guards, or else this time, no amount of belladonna and prayers 'll help 'er...[/i:1pf19st3]

Having finally passed the crowd, and broken a few legs (by pure accident of course), Rooky stopped a moment to admire the beauty of the day...hmm...how ironic such a beautiful day, and she has to go and waste it on a banshee...how horridly ironic...

She arrived at the Gates to Hell, and knocked gently. She was pretty careful this time, because the last time she knocked she made the door fly to the other end of the room.
From the other side came a sweet voice, characteristic for an Eilistraeen priestess.

"[color=purple:1pf19st3]Enter.[/color:1pf19st3]"
:3
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

*Talwyn eyed the remnants of the smashed tankard with a non chalant glance*

"Interesting decor and what a charming ambience this quaint place has," he dryly remarked to Thalon as he side stepped a pair of brawlers, hell bent on beating each others brains out with their fists. He carefully looked about the seedy establishment with a seasoned air, its not as though he'd never been in places like this and this particular venue was on the whole, rather tame compared to a couple of the more colourful & more dangerous bars of Amn or Waterdeep.

"Tell me Thalon, is there no bouncer here to maintain order?" he asked as he dodged aside while part of a chair went flying past.
"Usually a canny innkeeper has a few toughs on hand to knock heads together if things get frisky!" As he finished speaking, he ducked a round house swing from a nearby brawling drunk and came back up, delivering a thundering left upper cut and two quick right crosses to the face of the brawler. The mans head snapped back and he crumpled to the floor with a sigh as unconsciousness took over.
"Charming fellow," he quipped as he strode over the still form.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

( thalon signals the barkeep with a wave of his hand) "wizerds mind bomb for me and an ale for my palidin freand"

"thers never been a a spellsword or mercinary carzy ehoungh to be a bouncer for this place"(thalon lifts the two tankerds off the bar just in time as a rather burly orc is thrown across the leagnth of the bar)

"while i don't doubt that youve seen places many times worse then this in amn, waterdeep, or even lusken the thing about the brawling baron is that this (makes grand sweeping gesture of the room) goes on all day and night in contrast to the other taverns that your used to wich only have a fight break out ocainle and even then they last for an hour tops before the watch or bounsers take back control of the bar. that never happens hear, ever. the watch avoids this place like the pox. its acuteley a canny buissness move because who ever's KOed the the barkeep takes what ever they have of value.some peapole wake up with only the shirt on there back and headache even then you lucky if they leave the shirt!

(just as he hands Talwyn his drink a large human crashs in to Talwyn spilling the tankerds contents on thalons boots)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

*Talwyn staggered slightly as the burly fellow struggled on his feet.*

"Bugger this," the annoyed Paladin muttered as he grabbed the drunk by the shirt front and drove his forhead into the mans face with a sickening crack. He followed this up with a swift knee to the bleeding mans groin then let his shirt go as the unfortunate chap fell doubled up moaning to the ground.
Seeing that a simple drink & bconversation were going to be almost impossible, he set about reducing the nearest combatants to him. Usding the bar as leverage, he lept up, delivering a stunning kick to the head of the closest brawler, punching him forward into the arms of the man who was beating on him. Then, quickly regaining his balance, he picked his next targets. Three ruffins had seen this action and decided to take matters into their own hand. The largest lunged at Talwyn, throwing a wild haymaker of a punch which Talwyn sidestepped & riposited with a devastating series of jabs to the mans kidneys. Talwun then grabs the reeling man and pushed him into the oncoming fist of his compatriot. A cruch of bone and a spray of blood and teeth were the initial result as the reeling man collasped in a blubbering bloody mess onto the floor while the other man was left clutching his broken hand moaning in pain.
Stepping forward quickly, he fiented left jabs at the third brawler before launching a blistering combination of punches that landed on both the brawlers head and torso. A massive punch to the midrift sent the breath whistling out of the brawler lips and he looked up only to see the incoming right hook which made him see white then nothing more. A chair broke over Talwyns back as the third brawler had managed to overcome his agony of his broken hand. The blow was not all the well struck and did little damag. Spinning around and thrusting forward with a stiff palm, Talwyn struck the chairweilder square in the solar plexus whilst wrapping his left arm around the mans right arm. He then spun back and flipped over, wrentching the trapped mans arm with a wet crunching crack as his shoulder popped out of joint and broke. The right arm dangled uselessly as the man began to scream in heart wrenching agony. He soon fell silent as Talwyn drove his fist into the screaming mans face, sending him to blisful unconsciousness.

The rest of the brawlers had ceased their actions in stunned amazement at the ruthless dispatchment of three of the taverns toughest bralwers in a matter on mere seconds.

"ALLL RIGHT SCUMBAGS! I WANT A QUIET DRINK AND I WANT IT NOW! IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT, STEP UP AND I'LL BREAK THEIR ARMS AS WELL!" yelled the paladin, his baleful glare sweeping over the now cowed room.

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

(all eyes are centerd on the yelling knight. the brawling temporarly ceased and so did the noise save for Talwyns voice. everybody within five feet of Talwyn moves back another five feet and then checks to make sure there out of the pladins reach then everybody gos back to what they were doing all whail warily eyeing the paldin)
"rooky was the only other person able to to quite them down for a few mins"(thalon said in a matter of factly tone while sipping his wizerds mind bomb)"i'll have to tell her about this it's quite an impresseve feat" "speaking of wich where is the she-wolf she should be back soon with her assingment"
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

*Making sure no idiot was going to try their mettle against him, Talwyn turned briefly to the barman and ordered another ale then resumed his icey cold 1000 yard stare at the miscreants that infested this armpit of a pub*

"I may just apply for the job of bouncer here as this place could do with a bit of righteous arsekicking & judicious cracking of skulls in the name of public safety," he muttered as he took a sip of ale. With a wince, he immediately spat it out and replaced the foul sour brew back on the bar. He glowered dangerously at the paling barman.
"Listen up you miserable excuse for a barman, I want a decent beer, not this foul piss you serve these plebs! I can see you've got a small cask of Szudalian dark ale behind you, so tap that and bring it to me in a clean glass," he said in frosty tones.
He glanced at Thalon with a shrug.
"You can more with a kind word and a 4 by two than just a kind word."

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

"indeed. oh! and the reson your drink tastes likr the rear end of a troglidite is becase your also drinking rooky specile brew,she also the only person who can stand the stuff the barkeep must have axadently pourd it for you"(once again thalon began to chuckle)

"it's strong ehoungh to ko a wyerm"
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]Enter[/color:2grc9is5]"

[i:2grc9is5]A voice that sweet...she really is a banshee...I won't be lulled...[/i:2grc9is5]

As Rooky entered, the priestess was already on her feet. She leaned on her desk, with a serious look on her face...almost to serious. The wondrous angular face of the drow woman, would make anyone wonder how this fey could be evil.

She wasn't really; She's a new arrival, and thus in charge of supplies. The other one got promoted to a better position, and was more then happy to leave this job to some other poor sod.

The drow raised an eyebrow, and Rooky returned with a glare.

"So, where're the guards? Got enough arm strength to take me on by yourself or what?"

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]Pleasant as always I see. You've been stealing from again Blackwood. What's your excuse?[/color:2grc9is5]"

"You refuse to supply my trainees?"

"[color]This wouldn't have happened if you came and asked nicely that you needed supplies![/color]

"I did you wench! I did that the first twenty times, and you still refused to send my the necessary supplies!"

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]Wench?! How dare you? You're speaking to a priestess, you foul smelling mutt![/color:2grc9is5]

"Ha! Please...A maggot has more respect in my eyes!"

[color=purple:2grc9is5]You bellowing baboon, if you came here personally I would have given you the supplies, instead of sending your tieflings![/color:2grc9is5]

"I DID come HERE MYSELF! And I found the complete ARMED FORCE OF THE TEMPLE!"

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]This is useless! I'll have more luck negotiating with an enraged owlbear then you! You're lie a god damn mule! A mule with no brain![/color:2grc9is5]

"You foul black-skinned wench!"
Without a second thought, Rooky came at the priestess, now having a very hungry look on her face. The priestess took out a sword from behind the table, and tried putting it between her self and a now mad werewolf. This calmed Rooky down, as she knew full well, why people take out swords when arguing with her.

"Hmpf!"

Grabbing the blade, she twisted it, all the while the priestess held the blade, wide-eyed, as if holding for dear life.
Rooky bent the blade as if it was paper, not shedding a drop of blood.

"Don't push it. I don't care anymore what I did after that fey wine, but you're starting to take it too far. Get me my supplies by tomorrow morning, and maybe...just maybe, you'll see the difference between Good Mood me, and Pissed Off me. Do us both a favor, alright?

The priestess looked away, getting a shade of red to her cheeks, as she herself was starting to get angry.

"Alright fine! You want money? I'll send it to you! Tell me the amount and I'll give it to you! God dammit, I had enough of those slobbering mongrels I call trainees. I just want them to pass their final tests, so that I can be rid of them once and for all! I NEED THOSE SUPPLIES!!!"

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]An apology...[/color:2grc9is5]"

"What?! Pardon, I don't think I heard right..."

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]I want an apology from you....an apology for what you did on that night.[/color:2grc9is5]

" I did apologize! In case you don't remember I was the one who cleaned your quarters every week, I was the one who fixed the werehouse from top to bottom, I was the one who jumped when you said jump, without having the High Priestess orders...or anyone else's orders for that matter!"

"[color=purple:2grc9is5]Oh, so it was you! No one wanted to tell me, so I had to drag it out of you...Rooky...why are you looking at me like that...?...no...nonoNO!!! NO! Stay back! Stay back I tell you!! STAY BACK!!![/color:2grc9is5]"

The priestess escaped from her quarters, by a very fast incantaion of the Teleport Without Error spell. Rooky was left alone in the priestess's quarters. The enraged woman made a new window right next to the old one, with one swing. The birds flew away quickly and the people under the new window scattered. As she made her way out of the temple, the people made huge arc around her, as they knew full well what that look means. The streets were not much different, and upon arriving to the tavern, all she could do, was send the door flying instead of opening it. She made her seat near Thalon, and crushed the chair next to her's, as not to crush Thalon's skull.

"Barkeep" she whispered, while twitching a bit from sheer rage - "I'm afraid, I'm going to have to refuse any further attempts of yours to kill me with your drink. I'll have to go with Craghorn whiskey instead I heard you got a shipment from the minotaurs few weeks ago..."
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

(taking the drink form the barkeep thalon hands it to rooky)
"your not covered in blood thats a good sign"(thalon mused as he gingerly sipped his drink)

"how did the meeting go"(he asked nonchalantly)

"i'v just been showing Talwyn hear around the brawling baron and makeing new freands"(points to the cupele of thugs lyeing on the floor)

(despite the lively and cahaotic atimosphere thalon appers bored)
" place is becoming oh so drole lets go do something that is if the "banshee" didn't assigin you any thig or if you have something better to do"(he said to rooky with an inquisitive look)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

"Ahh welcome back Rooky, I hope all went well?" he inquired as he took a sip of his cool dark ale. Smacking his lips in satisfaction, he then drank half the pint in a few healthy gulps then stopped and sighed with pleasure.

"Now THATS good beer!"

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

It took her a few seconds to notice the silence...the horrible silence...
The men and...other things with two or more legs were squinting on the ground, looking at the paladin...
who was on top of the bar...
Yelling, and drinking ale...

A low growl came from her, and as Rooky stood up several of the man ran out as quick as they could, not bothering to pick up their belongings and take them along.
Already mad, and pissed off, the only normal tavern in town, where no one gave a damn anymore, was being put to order by some idiot in shinning armor...
[i:1eheix1o]Oh, no you don't![/i:1eheix1o]

"WHAT IN HELLS NAME DID [b:1eheix1o]YOU[/b:1eheix1o] DO?!"

The yells was more like a roar, and some bottles shook. All those years of mindless howling payed off finally.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

(ooc: sorryiv been busy)

(thalon needed to do something fast before rooky got any angryer.
every nerve and bit of commman sense screamed for him not to do what he was thinking...but then again he joined up with a lycinthrope with anger issuses....so comen sense was'int really his strong point) (he turned and threw a right hook at a dwarf that looked as if he had had a little to much ale to drink) (he then grabed rooky and "persuaded" her to head to the exit then yelling to Talwyn & rooky " lets get out of hear before this place gos up like a powder keg under ared dragons ass" (and indeed it went up for the first time in 5 min the brawling baron was filled with screams and yells. all was right with the world
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

OOC:rookey post any time you want no hurry seriusly :) in the mean time i'll start posting thanks for the heads up.

it took all thalons streagth and then some he didn't know he had to make rooky buge. he atempted to steer rooky away from the larger fights and toward what was either the door or a large hole in the wall.but as fate would have it three burly looking orcs & one relley ugly human bloked his way "damm" he cursed "nothings ever easy is it?" not wanting to get blood all over is freshly sharpend swords he opted for a leg sweep to vulger human to the right knocking him down in one solid blow. "one down three to go" he mentley sighed