The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Post by Nazaril Q'intenzz »

Nazaril watched as Spider caught up with the group and studied his question. He had been wanting to ask the same thing. However, he'd learned, at times like these it was best to keep your mouth shut and your ears open. To let others ask your questions, so to speak. He waited in earnest for Argoth's answer.
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

OT: Don't worry, Thalon, it took me a while to answer as well. Very busy with school right now. We have summer vacation, but I've got a term paper and a graduation paper to finish. *sighs*

IT:

"Thanks a lot, Thalon. I'll come out as soon as I'm done. And if you peek, I'll be sure to prick you with lots and lots of hair pins."

Celessarel was glad for a bit of time on her own; she needed to wash and change her clothes before the feast. Her hair could use some care as well, she decided and unpacked her comb. After all, she had spent quite a few days travelling. She was used to sleeping out in the open, but a nice room did have its advantages. There was no denying that fact.

While she prepared herself she thought of Thalon's words. She was very glad that she had found someone to help her. The temple was beautiful, but also a bit intimidating for a newcomer. It was great to have a friend - well it was a bit too early to call Thalon a friend yet, but maybe they would grow friends in time. She certainly hoped so.

Hm... should she take her sword to the feast? Or would that be regarded as a sign of hostility? Perhaps it was better to leave it here.

What did Thalon mean by "the next step"? Did he suspect already that she was thinking about joining the temple? No, he couldn't know that yet, she wasn't even sure of it herself. It was a big step for a surface elf to join the faithful of a Drow Goddess. She wasn't sure that her family would approve of it.

Maybe she should talk to someone about her dreams. She could ask Thalon whether someone at the temple would know about dreams and their possible meanings.

She put on her green dress, finished braiding her hair and gave her image in the mirror one last smile before putting it away and stepping outside. "So, what do you think, Thalon? Do I look all right?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Eniais returns Rooky's greeting and step near Argot to where he will preform and the watch the newcomers. Silent a long time he might have been forgotten by the busle and new arrivals. However Spider's question deserves an answer. In a soft voice, that might convey a sense of strength as well.

"Strangers are your friends, recieve all in kindness and share food with them if they are not bent on evil. It is the way of the temple."

For now the pipe set in his belt, next to a dagger. As one might look at him a sword is also worn, however not much except Drow can truely be determined because of the cloak he wears. Of the cloak itself it clearly shows signs of recent travel, dirt and dried mud clearly appears to show the cloak is in need of cleaning.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider replayed the cloaked drow's words in his mind. Kindness... sharing... not evil... that was very much the antithesis of what drow were usually held up to be. He had also mentioned this place being a temple, so that implied a place of worship, and most of the "congregation" appeared to be his brethren But to what deity?....

"Wait... is this... Eilistraee?" His words held much curiosity with an edge of something else, perhaps of one hoping he was right.
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Nazaril heard the cloaked one's answer to Spider's question. He also heard Spider inquire towards the patron deity of the temple in which they stood. Finally, Nazaril thought, I am the one with the answers.
"I believe that you are correct," Nazaril said to the drow fighter that stood at his side,"Of all the things I've witnessed here, my Bardic intuition does, indeed, tell me that this is a temple of our goddess, Eilistraee." Nazaril said the goddess' name with a small smile on his face. Saying Her name always made him feel safe and calm.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

It's true, Spider thought. I thought at first they were only rumors made up by some drow who was tired of the Spider Queen's reign, but perhaps there is another that looks out over us.

"Then I suppose I won't have to worry about letting my guard down here." The drow fighter finally gave a smile. "I'd be more than interested in learning more about your goddess."
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Nazaril was delighted by Spider's response. "I do hope that someday soon you'll consider joining our faith. It is always good to have one more among the ranks of Eilistraee's Faithful. Am I right, Bhaern Quel?" The last of his statement was obviously directed toward the mysterious, cloaked drow.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: For now I am Eniais, Bhaern is busy elsewhere *S*

IC:

Eniais nods to Spider.

"Xas (Yes), This is a good place to learn about Lady Silverhair, the Dark Maiden, Lady of the Dance, a Goddess that vaules all that value themselves and others. There are things one can learn here, but more important is what path you can choose."

Nazaril, Eniais' eyes turn to you and you recieve his reply.

"The Faithful grows ever day and we do chresish them as part of our family."
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider nodded in return. "Believe me, I am eager to learn about the ways of your goddess. I didn't think that such a thing existed except in the loose words of those who had seen the surface and returned... " He closed his mouth, realizing he was acting much like an overexcited student. "Ummm.. since it sounds like things are still getting set up, do you need any assistance?"
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

"Grand idea, Spider." Nazaril said. He then turned to Bhaern, "Good sir, I would like to lend a hand in setting up as well."
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

Ashuraa listened into the conversation as she continued to help set up tables. At last someone had answered what this celebration was for, and who it was for.

She moved with such a grace that the armor she wore seemed more as an after thought, even though it was well cared for.

Her ears and concentration on all around her, listening to learn more of these people.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

The light outside grew weaker, and soon a scarlet sunset followed. There was no cold wind, or chill that usually followed the night, especially on this part of Fearun. The day was warm, and the night would be just as well.

The sound of a hatchet beating against wood came fom the edge of the forest. A single tree stum was missing, and all it's remains were cut down in smaller pieces, for firewood.

Tying it all down, and strapping it to her back, Rooky made her way back to the temple, unhindered by the weight on her back.
On her way there, she received note the feast would be held outside, in the open.
As she went through the gates, Skippy greeted her, jumping in joy;

"Can I help? Huh? Huh?!" he wagged his tail frantically at her, and to this day, Rooky never managed to realize how he does that. Every time he wags his tail, it disappears from sight completly. Deciding not to dwell on it, she spoke to him;

"Yeah, you can. Go clear up a large patch of grass for me will you?" Skippy ran of like lightning, and began his job in a very civilized fashion. All withing a 5 foot radius hat a pile of dirt in their face.

Rooky set the firewood down, and went off to find Argoth and his group of overly enthusiastic folk.
After a short while, she found them, only to find they began setting the tables;

"Guys, pack the tables. They told us to move everything outside."
:3
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thalons jaw droped. in a span of a few seconds the elf maiden with a wery rugged sort of charm had transformed in to a beuty worthey of a king. quickly relizing that his mouth hung open like a red dragons maw he shut his mouth and (tryed) to regain his composuer. "be-ubeu-beu-...*ahem* ravishing me lady your the most beutiful person in the temple i could almost swear you were the incarnaion of eilistree her self" thalon smiled an uneasy smile and held out his hand once again "youlll be the bell of our little ball i can't waight til the others see you" and with that he led her down the coridoors to the meeting room.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider glanced over to Rooky as she came in and gave new directions to the congregation. He rested his eyes on the tables. "If that's what they wish us to do, then we better get a move on." He moved over to the tables and began shifting pieces around so they could be moved out easier.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene walked forward with the poise of one of noble birth. She stopped at the edge of the group gathered around Eilistraee. Nedylene smiled at them. It was nice to see several of the Dark Maiden's followers together.

"Vendui, Greetings, I am Nedylene Rahn, Argent Maid of Luna Temple on the Isle of Elben Aator and Matron of House Rahn."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.