The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

The first hint of a smile of amusement caressed Ashuraa's face as she listened to Rooky's reply.

"I am not one of these younger generation you speak of. Perhaps though you can at least point me in the direction of someone who would be willing to answer my questions. For a human you are quite saucy."
DilokRah
Maid
Maid

Post by DilokRah »

Rah d'Barra rode into the temple on a simple brown horse. His dark grey robes hide all of his skin from view, the hood drawn up to hide his face. Even were someone to look directly into the hood they would only see a pair of silver eyes surrounded by obsidian skin, his face wrapped in bandages. His hands are covered by simple gloves that match his robes and around his neck hangs a medallion depicting a skull with a scroll in it's mouth resting atop a feather.

The only things he seems to be carrying are a simple quarterstaff and a waterskin hanging from the rope belt of his robes. Swinging down from the horse he leans heavily on the quarterstaff with a noticeable slouch. The more observant may notice that he was not slouching while riding. Holding the horses regins and walking with the slow shuffling pace of old age he says, "Is there room here for an old man to rest his bones after a long journey?"

While his voice seems to match his apparent age it has an unmistakeable musical quality and also seems delivered from a bad actor.
A man can move a mountain and think himself strong, but a properly placed word can move civilizations.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

(ooc:sorry i have not posted my computer caught a virus and i have to post from the libery)

thalon grinned aside from patrol this was his favrite duty to the temple "not at all,you don't need permisision from the prietiss althoue im sure she would love to meet you at least. your welcome to stay,learn and watch and if after awhile you wish to take the next step i will personley be there to assist you ever step of the way" thalon said

"but ehughe talk you must be werey as the nine hells from your trip lets go get you cleand up for the fest" thalon held out his hand to guide the lithth elf maiden. they travled thru a small maze of corridors until they came apon a rather descret looking door "it might not be much but this is my room pleses feel free to get cleand up for the fest i promise i wont peek...much" he grined when your ready just make your way back to the comomn room let me know ill lead you there. untile you get to know the place it can be prety confusing i still get lost from time to time.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

"...Saucy? Well that's a new one to add to the list. You're still validating my inherent untrust of strangers, but what do I know? Excuse me..."

Rooky grabbed a young boy carrying a large sack. He whinced, yelped and dropped the sack;

"See the old man with the four-legged meat bag?"

"Y-ye-yes..."

"Good. Unless you want to become the meat bag, get the horse out to the stables. Need I say it twice?"

"N-n-no-oo...ma'am..." The boy almost ran, and lost much of his color. She turned again to the woman;

"Ask what you want to know. Like the rest I'm here to spread the faith. The Goddess saved my ass more then once, and the more recruits the better."

"The boy came to the man. He was quite pale now. He shivered greatly, and he didn't try to hide it. He spoke to the old man in a quiet, hustled manner;
"G-good eve-n-ning sir. May I please t-take your h-ho-horse to the s-st-stable? ... P-pl-please?"
:3
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

Ashuraa watched the interaction with the boy and Rooky.

"What name should I use for you, or do you want me to continue to call you human or wench? My name is Ashuraa." She spoke with out rancor, then her tone turned soft, As for the goddess, you do speak of the silver haired moon dancer? I have met very few who know of her."

"IF this is her place, I would like to spend some time here, and learn."
DilokRah
Maid
Maid

Post by DilokRah »

Handing his reigns to the boy with a muttered thanks Rah finds a place to sit Once seated he takes a swig from his waterskin, holds the medallion facing outward to his brow and begins muttering something. While the words are incomprehensible the tone and rhythm suggests it is a prayer.
A man can move a mountain and think himself strong, but a properly placed word can move civilizations.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

"Rooky!" said Argoth returning with his lute "how many times have I asked you not to overdo the recruits? They might come in handy some day and it's not like we're an empire to have much of a choice on who gets to fight in our ranks. Anyway, come for the feast! I think we're about to begin in a few minutes."
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

She watches the dark elf walk up to Rooky with a lute in his hand, and listens. Ashuraa then looks from Rooky to Argoth. She nods slightly to Argoth.

"Greetings."
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Post by Nazaril Q'intenzz »

Nazaril saunders in to the temple, hoping to spy a familiar face. Finding none, he hustles over to the nearest group of adventurers and attempts to join in the their conversation.

"Good 'morrow, friends!" He states with a warm smile. "How fair you three to come here on such a day as this?"
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

"Well hello there! I mean here. You don't want to miss the opening ballad, now do you?"

Then he rushes off before Rooky gets a chance to beat the crap out of him for doubting her methods...
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider was about to greet Argoth before the bard ran off for reasons only the gods knew. Instead he turned his attention to the half-drow and nodded.

"Welcome. I'm guessing you're one of the regular inhabitants as well?" He now allowed a smile, albeit a tired one, to form on his features. "I was looking for a place to relax."
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

"And to you, good sir." Nazaril states pleasantly, spying a tall, armored drow fighter approach from the shade of a nearby tree. "I am Nazaril Q'intenzz, bard of elsewhere. Might i learn your name and from whence you hail, brave warrior?"
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

Ashuraa as well watched Argoth rush off quickly. Shortly after he left yet another half drow walked up, Nazaril Q'intenzz.
The man near her, Spider, asked the very question she had been about to.

"As I told this woman," Ashuraa nods towards Rooky, "Rooky? You can call me Ashuraa. I am not a warrior, but a Knight. From where, " The lithe dusky blue elven woman shrugs her emerald green armor, "That might take a bit of figurng out."
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

The voice of a strong, and noble drow lady called out to Nazaril, causing him to briefly abandon his current conversation with the warrior. "Ah, my apologies fair lady. I was in mid conversation, here, with the man known as Spider." Nazaril stopped to aknowledge the striking drow female before him."Ashuraa," he said, obviously deep in thought,"Ashuraa 'Deathdancer', perhaps?"
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance swept into the glade, seing the gathering.
"Well met all. It seems a lot has changed since I last tread here. That was, of course, ten years ago"
The little dragon on his shoulder chirped something.
"Ah, but where are my manners? I am Lance Dragonmar, vassal of Bahamut and humble servant of both him and Eilistraee. This-", he nodded at the dragon "...is Shaelzyn, my companion"