The Temple & Grounds Role Playing Area

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider stopped on his work with the tables, glancing up to the speaker with a noble air to her. He stood up straighter, though his clothes were far below anything you could consider regal.

"Vendui... welcome, erm... Matron of House Rahn." He wasn't used yet to the system of titles among Eilistraee's followers. "I am Spider... I'm not exactly the eldest here, but I'm sure one of the others would be more familiar with the place here.. if you're looking for something, that is."
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedy smiled at Spider's discomfort, but knew it was from him being unfamiliar with the Surface Drow.

"Matron is just a title. The refugees on Elben Aator from the Underdark city of Szith proclaimed me Ilharess because they were used to that system. I just give it the face of the Lady of the Dance. Most of them just call me Nedy when there aren't any members of our family around."

She looks over the rest of the group. This temple was slightly different, but you can tell the Dark Maiden was Matron here.

Nedy then indicated the two other Jalilen with her. Both were half-Drow. One wore the same color full-plate armor as Nedy. Blue with the edges of the overlapping plates trimmed in white. The other wore a chain shirt with paldrins of blue decorated with white drow caligraphy.

"May I introduce Lady Ulrike Himmelstochter, Dawnbringer (Paladin) and Dawnsinger (Priestess or Priest) of Lathander and my eldest daughter Delia Addams a bard and ranger."

Ulrike is a charcoal colored tallish Half-Drow with short cropped whitish blond hair and blue eyes. Besides the armor she has a medium knight's shield with the edges painted the same shade of blue as her armor. The shield's center is black and covered with delicate blue and white Drow caligraphy. Ulrike looks to be in her mid-thirties

Delia Addams is a charcoal colored Half-Drow Jalil with dirty blond hair and medium blue eyes of medium height and weight. Delia looks to be in her early to mid-twenties.

Nedy is a tallish obsidian black Jabbress in medium blue painted full-plate that is trimmed in white. Her long whitish blond hair is kept in a braided pony tail that reaches midway down her back. She wears a light blue cloak over her armor. Her eyes are an icy shade of blue. She look nearly ageless, though she may be in her early 130s.

"I am a noble by birth though. My mother was Lady Nedylene Vrinn and ran a colony of our people up in the Silvery Marches many years ago. We had lived on the surface for six generations before I came to be the current Ilharess or as I prefer the Argent Maid when dealing officially with those that tiltes impress."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Nazaril Q'intenzz
Maid
Maid

Post by Nazaril Q'intenzz »

At the approach of the regal drow female, Nazaril truned and gave her and her companions a deep and almost graceful bow. "Greetings, fair maiden," he said with a winning smile,"I am Nazaril Q'intenzz, bard of Elsewhere. What, may I humbly ask, brings one of your stature and rank to our temple?"

As he rose, her icy-blue eyes met his deep, forest green ones (a dead give-away regarding his wood elf heritage.) Again, for good measure, a warm grin of kindness. Hopefully, he thought, I'm not over-doing it.
ashuraa
Maid
Maid

Post by ashuraa »

Ashuraa looks up at the regal matron from where she had been helping re-move, and rearagne the tables. She bows nods her head to the three dow.

"Vendui."
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Vendui, I came mostly so that Ulrike could see her human mother once more and to give my adoptive daughter Delia a chance to meet other Ilythiiri that are our brothers and sisters in Eilistraee."

Nedylene looked about the small gathering of Eilistraeean Drow and followers of other races.

"I was born on the surface here on Faerun and want to visit my human step-father too. We still have holdings up near the mining town of Llorhk. Hans the man that was my mother's last consort watches over those lands for us along with my surviving brother."
Last edited by silke_rahn on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Rooky watched from a distance. The noble walked in as she was about to leave, and left more then a striking appearance. She quietly listened at the back of a corner, away from eyes and close to words.

[i:3gck6omw]Llorhk? That's near Graypeak Mountains... that's a big time supplier for the local lands surrounding the Silvers Marches...[/i:3gck6omw]

She rested her back on the wall and continued to listen.
:3
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

With Nedy talking to the locals Delia went looking around. She had just turned twenty, that was a young adult for a Half-Drow and she had only known Luna Temple and House Rahn. This place was slightly larger than her home and she was amazed that it was so well lit and furnished too.

"Places on Faerun must be wealthier than back on Elben Aator," she mused to herself as she looked over some local artworks. Delia Addams-Rahn looked over each piece some were paintings of various matrons, likely past High Priestesses of the Temple. Others were statues some likely of religious nature as they resembled the Goddess Eilistraee. Nedy confirmed one day that those statues dedicated to the Goddess were exact images of the Lady of the Dance and that Eilistraee made herself know to each sculpter when he or she took a mallet and chisle to the raw stone.

Delia had become over the last ten years since her adoption an accomplished Ranger, a well known Bard, a Moon Dancer, and known only to the members of her House a high ranking Harper Agent. One of the reasons for the trip to Ser Rahn up near Llorhk was to look into the death of Nedy's step-father. If it was natural they would take him to the ruins of Ser Vrinn and bury him with Nedy's mother Nedylene. This was also only known to the members of House Rahn. If it was foul play then there would be an investigation and Nedy will go where ever that led even into Menzoberranzan if necessary.

Delia knew that Silke Rahn the other Harper within House Rahn was already almost to Llorkh and Ser Rahn. Delia and Silke were two of the Harpers most unique agents both were of Drow blood, and both served the interests of House Rahn especially when those interests went along with those of the Harpers.

"Dark Maiden grant us a safe journey and let us find hospitality here among your servants?" asked Delia as she knelt before a lifesized statue of the Lady.
Vornfryn
Maid
Maid

Post by Vornfryn »

Ali whistled that dwarven drinking song she had stuck in her head, hands behind her back, skipping delightedly towards what looked like temple, throwing in the odd cart wheel now and then. Her long bright orange haired waved in the breeze, the uncanny look of dancing flames about it. "So Baatu what do you think that is up ahead?" asked the little red and yellow lizard in on her shoulder in a singsong voice. She saw figures on steps and others moving about. "Well looks like we must go ask then" she said, feeling quite pleased with her decision.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Enter Dorl'veszaun, a small male, standing at barely two inches above five feet, and weighing no more that one hundred and ten pounds, his eyes golden his hair in a six inch mohawk, alternating black and silver. Covered from neck to toe in black chainmail, carrying several swords, also black.
"this party have room for one more?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

"Hey it's just me, you can close your mouth again." Celessarel gave Thalon a mischievious smile and took his hand.

She followed him excitedly through the corridors and reminded herself that a lady didn't skip even if she was excited. 'An Elven lady is always gentle like water and as graceful as a willow tree' her mother used to tell Celessarel and her sister. But surely even a lady could be excited about such a celebration, couldn't she?

"So what will we do at the feast?" Celessarel wanted to know. "Will there be dancing? Will we meet lots of people? Sorry.. I'm asking so many questions, I don't even give you time to answer them.. oh this must be it! Is this the feast hall?"
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

((OC:sorry i havint posted iv been busy with the ACT,and taking care of my grandma with alezhimers :'( ,and other things))

quickly coreccteing himself he made a slight bow" my aploiges its just that i was overcome with your immense beuty"giveing a michevios smile for celessarel his mind breifly drifted to a possiable futere with celessarel as his possiable wife. rembering where he was he shook away his day dream "we will see..." he said under his breath

he took celessarel by the hand leading her down the halls that he was so fammiler with notecing the the fair elf maidein was try to contain her joy skipping and bouncing and then abrutly stoping in attempt to regain a regal grace forced apon her.he smiled he always loved free spirted women he thought that as his grin went even wider.

halfway thruoe the halls just past the one of the training rooms were thalon was frounate enugth to grabe an eye full as he and his fine compaiion passed. Celessarel beagn asking quistions at such fervish pace that it would make a quickling dizzy but thalon didnt mide he thought it cute.

"well there would be eating of course ad this is a temple of the lady of the dance so danceing is a must" he said hopeing to get a few dances withe his fair compaion before the night was through
"its quite ok i had more quostions then you could possiable imagine the first time i graced these halls" as he finished ansering her quiton they came apon the well crafted arch to the messhall where he was greeted with a crod of faces some new other he could never forget. "well you wanted to meet a lot of people seems youll get your wish my dear" he cleared his throt and with a commanding voice he exclameed "welcome friends,faimly and those of you i have not had the plesure of meeting i am thalon mercrow resident ranger of the temple and the surrounding woods and this lovely young maid next to me is cesserle she like a lot of you has come a long way to this temple seeking ansers" and with that he maid his way to a seat he had picked out for him and his compaion brefily meeting eyes with rooky and giveing his custmaery nod of respect before takeing his seat.