A wanderer In the Underdark...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

A wanderer In the Underdark...

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

"Crud..."

The first words the woman spoke as she awoke, her fingers moving to her eyes as the tiefling shook her head for several moments. "Remind me Kl'eril khel, what are we doing down here again?" She chimed out to the Creature, ever vigilant around her. With a stretch she would stand and take in her surroundings.... Odd....She saw the tall-tale signs of a bootprint...leading back further and further to..."Menzoberranzan?" She chimed out, shaking her head.
Life....So mundane it seems to some...Live wisely while you can...for soon, the strong will once again walk this plane in un-death, bidding the will of the Pale Mistress....
nightcancerwolf
Maid
Maid

Post by nightcancerwolf »

Serik sighed as he shifted in the seat of his saddle. The Lizards down here made good mounts, but damn were the saddles awkward, of course his had to be specially made give he was a bit taller than your average drow, but then he was Human. He sighed as his red eyes scanned the tunnels leading to Menzoberrazzan. It was about the only thing his drow ancestry had ever benefited him with. He saw the tiefling collapsed ahead and stopped his mount. "What the devil?" he muttered to himself. He had a hood over his face, and was dressed in every way like a drow, right down to the house insignia, bearing the mark of House Vae.
Rau Xun'Stra
Maid
Maid

Post by Rau Xun'Stra »

The tiefling studied the track for several more moments, her eyes moving between it and that loveable, yet noisy golem. Her hands would move up to the chainmail, than stroke across the elbow before she turned about, praying she had not been spotted so close to the great drow city.
Life....So mundane it seems to some...Live wisely while you can...for soon, the strong will once again walk this plane in un-death, bidding the will of the Pale Mistress....
Shishikogan
Maid
Maid

Post by Shishikogan »

"You there! Both of you!" Said Taka, pointing his repeating crossbow at what he considdered to be cavern invaders. "Who are you and what are you doing here? Speak quickly!"
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((I'm looking for some to join so i thought i might try...if its ok))

Inrii wasn't in a good mood today. She had been sent with several Nightshadow to the famous City of Spiders. She and the five others were to purchases new lizard mounts for the upcoming New Moon festival, which included a stag hunt and sacrifice. Inrii had to be careful, more so than many of the others; she was not raised in the Underdark. They spent hours of the trip 'preparing' her for what they were getting into. Most importantly, they warned her of the Spider kissers. Before entering the city they removed their half mask and equipped their drow chainmail. Ilztrak, the group leader and one of The Masked (high level clergy) held his arm up hand upside down and fingers curled, like a dead spider. The others mimic the motion and followed him down the tunnel. Inrii stayed in the back with another Uncloaked, piwafwi cowl low and body covered well. She knew that females held all the power in the city and Ilztrak would not stand to have her 'discovered' or in charge.
Upon arriving, they entered the Darkwalk inn. Ilztrak walked to the counter and paid for the rooms. Motioning to his group he lead them upstairs, dividing the group into two. Tomorrow they were to complete the transaction, so for the night she was free to explore, assuming they would allow her or she could sneak away.
Her and Vorndrin, a novice cleric and Uncloaked, was given 'permission' to visit the Bazaar.
"Interpretation, one of them will be forced to follow us." Inrii whispered to Vorndrin was they walked out of Darkwalk.
Narbondal was reaching a late hour. Many of the Bazaar shops were preparing to close.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

From the shadows, dark areas, even among the lightless underdark, a Barrthyrr, a member of the rare Elven Shades, crouched, watching the procession. When the Light-Race people appeared to be taken captive, he rose and threw back his cloak, freeing him for a quick draw of his extreme multitude of "utensils" while also concealing his magical entrance from the unknown shadows.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((OOC: I'm hopeing the other come back to this one...))

Inrii and Vorndrin entered a alchemist shop. She needed to resupply her spell component. Menzzobarenzan had many amazing shops, ones the rivaled the surface tradeing. She walked up and down the aisles looking for what she needed when several vials caught her attention. There were three rows of numerous poisons. She picked up four specific: [i:1krxx7fm]Velkyn Ogglin[/i:1krxx7fm], two [i:1krxx7fm]Jal wun Jivvin[/i:1krxx7fm], and [i:1krxx7fm]Khaless[/i:1krxx7fm]. She then picked up her spell component ingredients.
Inrii walked to the counter to pay for three of the vials and the pouch.
Vorndrin had 'accidentally' tripped over a table leg, having the (cashier) distracted long enough to slyly pocketed the expensive vial.
"65 gp" he responded gruffy and deep.
Inrii tossed her a small ruby and smiled, "that should cover it."
He looked over the gem, turning it over and over in his hands then tucked it into his pocket.
Inrii called to Vorndrin, "lets go."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((lets see if we can bring this back to life...plus, i'm a bit bored))

Zarae walked through the Bazaar. It had been a number of years since she had been back into the Underdark and the world of the drow. The life she had forgotten return to her mind as if it had been yesterday.
It was late according to Narbondal and the streets were less busy. Drow guards could be easily seen as if they were waiting for something to happen, eager to act and prove themselves.
She didnt know why, but her goddess had sent her here, the City of Spiders. Despite having spent her early years in the Underdark, she lived hundreds of miles from this city. This had just been a stop along the way; she was to meet up with a few more fellow believers before heading off. The only information was be the Darkwalk Inn and the secret sign, forefingers and thumbs together forming a 'full moon'.
Unfortunately for her, Menzzobarranzon was a large city, two mile across. Much larger than Lith My’athlar, her birth city.
"Where can one find Darkwalk?" She asked the vender, a short male (drow) of yellowing hair and scarred face. He obviously was of low status.
"Four (blocks?) and to the left," he replied in a deep husky voice. He likely had suffered some trauma to his trachea and probably at the hand of a priestess of the vile Spider Queen.
She turned down the ally to see a large building carved from large boulders and stalagmites. It was shaped, like everything else in the city, a spider. "DarkWalk Inn" was scrawled in low drow and highlighted with red faerie fire. Zarae took another look around before walking up to the door. As she reached for the handle she heard commotion inside, a fight. She opened the door to see the crowd in an uproar, fighting over something.
Suddenly a blade flashed and one patron fell grasping his throat as a red line appeared and blood began to pour. more weapons broke out and more blood began to be spilt. Zarae held one of her magical throwing daggers ready. To the back stood a couple of drows, watching, amused, the fight. Zarae slipped through the throng to an empty space in the far left keeping an eye on the observers.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~