Nightmare of the future Pt.2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i was thinkin one of yall waking, but ur idea of someone out there coming works to...))

Inrii pulled her piwafwi tight around her and vanished from sight. she levitated above the treeline to see who was coming.
----
Ariali shifted forms, as it was still dark, her black fur blended well.

what was coming, none expected.

(friend or foe?)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((friend))
Gilmahs crept forward, hopping that the fire he saw was that of the group that he had led back to his village, the one with Veraka, Ariali, and the two rather curious companions, plus the priestess prisoner.
He looked to the moon elf elder that had been insistent on coming out to see the huge aasimar, Veraka.
"Cornae, why don't we just wait till mourning; then at least they might not believe us to be enemies."
"Gilmahs if we do not help them out in any way we can, then what they did for our village will be for not," the moon elf whispered back.
"Now come, I believe the aasimar you call Veraka will be able to recognize us."

Aurora's ears perking up was the first indication to Veraka that the group had company in the forest. He used his vision to detect their auras; he spotted both Inrii and Ariali, their auras both easily detecable; with some difficulty, he found Drakin. It was the to glowing auras, indicating a good-aligned person, off in the distance; he instantly recognized one of them.
"Gilmahs, you of all people should know that not many a person can sneak up on a group like this one," he called out in the direction of the two auras.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((what color aura is neutral? good is silverish, and evil is purpleish/redish...))

Ariali sent a message to Aurora who already sensed them coming, "[i:2itdmx3y]two steps, very light, not very stealthy[/i:2itdmx3y]."
as they drew closer, she saw they werent evil creatures.
Veraka had spoken as she moved to a threatening posture (teeth bared, head lowered). she didnt intend on hurting them, just a reminder of the treatment they received.
----
Inrii smirked when she spotted who it was and rolled her eyes.
'[color=green:2itdmx3y]this should be fun.'[/color:2itdmx3y]
she lowered herself to the ground, but remained invisible for the time being.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Oh joy, isn't it our good friends," Drakin said sarcastically. Then turning to Veraka, "I think I'll take a walk, wouldn't want to offend them in some way."

Drakin walked into the woods on the opposite side the elves came in. He walked around the perimeter of the camp, and saw that the elves brought some armed guards with them. He kept going around till he was near Veraka and the elves, just because he considered Veraka a friend didn't mean he wasn't going to listen in.

[color=blue:1kcsgb2c]The elves probably need help with something themselves,[/color:1kcsgb2c] Drakin figured, [color=blue:1kcsgb2c]They're probably gonna do a 'I scratch your back if you scratch mine' idea.[/color:1kcsgb2c]
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka rolled his eyes at the assassin's comment, "just don't do anything stupid," replaced his helmet onto his head, then went out to greet the two elves; he noticed Ariali was baring her teeth towards the two new comers.
He knew how she felt, but understood that there was nothing within either of their power that they could have done for any of the group during their less-than-pleasant meeting with village elder. He placed his glove on the black wolf's shoulder, leaned over and said "I know how you feel about the way we were treated, but understand, there was nothing that either of them could have done for us," he smiled," besides, you helped me the most in that situation."
He then walked over to two figures, one of them he recognized to be Gilmahs.
"Well, what are you doing here Gilmah, hmm; and with such fine company yourself, ehh?" Veraka posed his question to catch the elf off guard.
It worked only to well; "Fine company; whatever do you mean, my celestial friend?" The sun elf responded, unsure as to what the storm warrior meant.
The moon elf female responded; "I believe that your friend was talking about me, Gilmahs."
The sun elf's cheeks went red with embarrassment, humility and a little frustration.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali visible calmed and switched to a less aggressive stance. she would hear them out, even if she was still ticked at their leader.
----
Inrii went back to her bedroll and packed up, still watching the exchange between the surface elves and Veraka and Ariali.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin kept listening in on the conversation and checking on the Elven guards. If this broke down, he wanted as much of an advantage as he could get. He began setting trip wires and non-lethal traps, no sense in getting them angry if one of the guards set off a trap by accident.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Greetings, young warrior; I believe that both Gilmahs and I owe you a thank you for fighting off those two horrid creatures; if I recall correctly you were the one who Gilmahs here brought before the other elders and myself, correct?" the moon elf questioned.

"I was; why does it matter now?"

"Because, I was the one who asked you to meet me by the bazaar of our village, but then I believe that you were attacked by those two creatures," she replied, "allow me to introduce myself; I am Cornae, one of the ruling council of the village and the resident cleric of it as well."

"Is that so? Well then why come out here to our little humble camp, hmm?" he asked, an eyebrow raising.

"I know that you seek some answers to this dream that you've been plagued with; I believe that we could both help each other out with our problems," Cornae said, with a hint of evenness in her voice.
"Ohh, and what might an assimar storm warrior, such as myself, do for you?" Veraka asked directly.

"Well, you see that as a member of the elders council, like all the others, I've got many responsibilities; since most of these tasks eat up my time, I can. . . ."

"Ma'am, with all due respect, stop beating around the bush," Veraka interrupted her in his reserved tone, which meant he was getting impatient.

"Very well," she said, flustered, "I wish for you to look into two subjects for me, that is all."

"And what exactly would these subjects be?" he asked pointedly.

"I will only tell you if you agree to my proposal," Cornae repied giving her ultimatum.

"Excuse for one minute while I ask my compatriots for something."

"Of course," she smiled politely, knowing the volatility of Veraka's temper.
Veraka turned to Ariali, "get Aurora, Inrii and Drakin over here; there's something about this that I don't like."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali nodded and head back to camp. she shifted back to an elf and passed the word on.
"wheres the assassin?" she asked, not seeing Inrii.
"here and there. probably near the party anyway," Inrii replied as she picked up her pack and let Zarstra climb on, "im in front of you anyway. tell them I'm there."
she also walked to Aurora and told her what was going on before walking with her back to the meeting.
"Inrii's around, and Drakin is likely already also."
Inrii smirked when she saw the traps being set.
'[color=green:2yb6mmmg]not a bad idea[/color:2yb6mmmg],' she thought.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora padded over to Veraka, Ariali right next to her.
"Good, though, I'd prefer to know where tall, dark, and lethal is . . . " the stopped when he noticed Inrii looking in a direction; turning his head to see what was going on, his eyes came upon the assassin laying some traps down; the aasimar let out a sigh.
"Once an assassin, always an assassin, I suppose."
Turning back to face Inrii, Ariali, and Aurora, he said in a very low voice, "so, what do you think of Cornae's proposition; I'm not one for taking people lightly, but something about her way of asking has me on edge."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Do we really have a choice?" Drakin asked once he was done setting traps, "If what you say about your dream is correct, then time is running out for your Drow-in-distress."

"Seems the best course," Drakin continued, "is her or my brother may know someone that he experimented on one time or another, but you know his price for assistance."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali thought for a second. "the Lady calls us to help all who need it. If it is a trap, then I want to be on your side."
----
Inrii snickered. She released her invisibility, but kept her cowl low over her face. "why would we want to help you?" she asked.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka glared at Drakin; "you know that I will pay any price, up to and including my life, to keep one safe from harm."
He then turned Ariali, and, smiling, nodded his agreement, though his thoughts were one in the same with Inrii's.

Cornae was a little taken aback the appearance of the two drow, but was not surprised in the slightest; "it's really your own personal choice as to whether or not you help us out, but as to your warrior friend, I believe that his mind is of a different working," she said to Inrii.

"I don't know why you want my help, but I agree with my assassin friend, time is short. What do you want me to do?"

Cornae nodded, a small grin on her face; "my tasks for you are simple: one, I want you to investigate Elder Shaamin's activities. He is the unruly one whom you spoke to yesterday.
My second task is one of actual importance, at least to me; recently several of our young ones have gone missing; at least fifteen have disappeared and none have returned thus far. I wish for you to find them, in whatever state their in."
"But," Veraka said.
"But what? I don't understand." Cornae gave an honest look of confusion.
"There's always a catch, at least with tasks like those," Veraka spoke blatantly.
"No strings attached, honest."
The storm warrior gave her aura a thorough look-over, making sure he didn't detect any shadowy thoughts; she rang up clear.
"Alright then, I'll see what I can do."
Cornae bowed and, with Gilmahs in tow, headed back to the village.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"torture the boss and find elves, sounds too simple," she whispered sarcastically in drow.
Ariali, fluent in the tongue, looked back at her with a look.
"no other information? no clues? the lythari asked, "divination is not my area of expertise. and considering her," indicating the soreress, "I doubt she's able to either."
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Knowing our luck," said Drakin, "the kids are kidnapped by a demon or something. And the elder is probably working for someone we don't want to get on the wrong side of."

Drakin looked at each of the group, then smiled, "And to think I was about to miss all this?"
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.