On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Dragon: 'Olath Vendui M'Lady Zarea.'
-Turns to Veraka-
No Veraka, I didn't let this half-drow hang on to me for 2 days, its not my idea of fun. I'm as surprized as you are, I don't know how he dit it. But with all my year of experience I've learned to never judge someone just on how they look. Theres something different about this half-drow.'
-Turns to Bio with a gust of wind from his wings blowing snow into Bio's face.-
'What other blood do you have flowing through your vanes half-drow?'

Bio: -Wipes the snow out of his eyes. Still weak from having nothing to eat for a few days.-
All I know is that my mother was a drow. Ive got no idea what or who my father is. But what I do know is that my mother got shuned by her own kind cus of my father. I'm on a journy to try and find out what I am and who my father is.'
-Feels that the pain in his back is gone-
'Who do I have to thank for healing me?'

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"If your looking for a debt to repay, then I believe that your attention should shift to my paladin friend here," Veraka answered, gesturing toward Adian. He cupped a armored hand around his chin and mouth, a look of confusion coming over his face.
[i:29m5aw7d]That is strange how a drow would forsake her heritage in the vice of love for another, especially a female. However, if the silver winged one speaks true, then this drow may not be familiar to this region.[/i:29m5aw7d]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae looked at the dragon confused (speaking draconic), "how do you know my name mighty dragon? and may we know yours so we can stop calling you 'dragon'?"
By now, most everyone had gotten ready for the travel and was on their mounts. Frad cursing as he sat upon Phenix.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt looked at the dragon, and half drow. Mostly the dragon. He had tried hard to keep himself out of this, but since a fight was not forthcoming, so far, and he decided that his friends would need his help should one arise, he stepped forward, appearing beside Adian. "Well, now that it seems there will be no fights, and my little issue was dealt with..." He bowed, "He stayed on our back for such a long time? I'm impressed."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio walks over to Adian and shakes is hand- [i:2zzb1s6j]Thank you my friend, I will repay you for saving my life someday.[/i:2zzb1s6j]
-Bio looks around at the party of travelers, wondering where they are heading off to.- [i:2zzb1s6j]Where are you going and may I join you?[/i:2zzb1s6j] -He asks hopefully, his been very alone since he escaped and don't know the realm very well-[i:2zzb1s6j] I may have some skills that can be of great use. [/i:2zzb1s6j]

Dragon: [i:2zzb1s6j]'Zarae, no nead to speak draconic to me, I can speak almost any known language. Knowing you're name, now that's a secret amongst dragons. And my name you ask, its Adamarrak sun of Adalon who's the guardian of the drow city of Ust Natha.' [/i:2zzb1s6j]
-Adamarrak looks around at the party of travelers around him (Cinder not there at the moment) and counts 6 travelers and only 4 horses.-
[i:2zzb1s6j]'I can take 2 of you on my back, Bio will be one cus he earned it, anybody else want to ride with me. I'll also join you if you don't mind?'[/i:2zzb1s6j]

((I unintentionally created 2 characters, hope you don't mind?))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Upon hearing Adamarrak say this, Veraka spoke up; "If you wouldn't mind, Adamarrak, I wouldn't mind taking up that offer of your's. Perhaps I could explain to you how I acquired this armor of mine."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Adamarrak looks at Veraka's in his shining armour- [i:13p1lepv]'You may ride on me Veraka, and please do tell the story of that armour of yours?'[/i:13p1lepv]
-Adamarrak lies on the ground waiting for his 2 passengers to climb on him.-

-Bio gets on the back of Adamarrak, getting a firm hold- [i:13p1lepv]Here we go again..[/i:13p1lepv]

-Adamarrak smiles- [i:13p1lepv]'No need to worry Bio, this time it will be like riding on a cload compared to earlier.'[/i:13p1lepv]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nods, "My thanks, Adamarrak." With that he climbs up the glistening scales of the silver dragon. Grabbing onto a final scale, Veraka hauled himself onto the back of Adamarrak, taking a position just behind Bio.
"Well, it seems that we're set to go," he hollered down to Zarae, Adian, and the others.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio takes out a old moldy piece of bread from his pocket and brings it to his mouth to take a bite- [i:22atmq5g]Does anybody maybe have something better for me to eat before we get on our way, I'm starving? [/i:22atmq5g]
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

"A half-dragon, obviously." Pwdn called out from Phexix, where she Lyon and Frad were mounted and ready to move. "Or maybe some kind of outsider, though if I had to make a choice I'd say our new friend is half-dragon." With a smile, she bowed to the silver dragon who had curiously appeared so accepting of them all. "A pleasure, noble wyrm. Forgive my assumption, but it simply best fits what I have heard so far."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka heard Bio's question, and pulled open his pack. He retrieved one of his ration kits, which contained salted meats, an assortment of fruits, some bread, and couple of veggies.
"Here," he said, offering the kit to Bio, "this should keep you satiated for a good day, at the least; though be wary, the fruit in there is highly potent, I would recommend consuming it in [b:rp2ns3s1]moderate[/b:rp2ns3s1] quantities."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(Getting a bit crowded, maybe?)

[i:3mkci9w6]The dragon could probably solve this venture all by itself, [/i:3mkci9w6] Adian thought.

"We certainly welcome your assistance, Adamarrak," Adian said politely. "Our current effort is to investgate the events surrounding the nearby lake, and a clue to its resolution may lay in a cave north of here. I should, however, warn you that we are close to the edge of the territory of another dragon who is reputed to be rather territorial."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((no comments...?
and so much for a journey...
dont get to far ahead on the dragon. u can stop at the outpost thats 4 days from us. but i got plans for the cave and lake. I'm still taking my horse and riding tho...))

still in drconic, "secret? I have prudy powerful mind probing protection after an incident in Lith MyAthlar. but I will respect that."
to everyone in the commen tongue, "Well, we need to get going. The horses should have no problem jumping the gorge. and we can continue the trail northward." seitching to drow, "our surface born friends likley cant travel so well at night."
Moonlight started off twords the gorge.
"[i:azrgeich]no problem,[/i:azrgeich]" Moonlight told her.
He turned around, trotting and cantered twords the gap, gracefully leaping over it. She turned to the others.
"easy!"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian handed up a small pouch to the dragon-riding half-drow that contained a portion of his own rations. He could hunt if it came to it.

He turned and mounted his horse, the rest of his equipment safely packed away. He made a sharp clicking sound with his mouth and snapped the reins lightly. His horse took the cue and cleared the gap just as easily.

"The leap should not tax the mounts much," he said. "Just hold on, relax, and let the horse do the work."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt looked doubtfully at his mount, "Are you sure? I can barely get this thing to go forward, much less jump gaps without that spell." He simply shrugged, and slid off the horse, "Maybe someone else should ride this one, I think I will take my chances with flying. Much simpler and more enjoyable. And the fact we have a dragon of our own, I think the other one will be less inclined to attack us." With that, he quickly cast a spell of flight, and with a leap flew up into the air, and waited for the dragon to join him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke