Alone in the city of intrigue I find my Destiny through Lloths Twisted web.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Alone in the city of intrigue I find my Destiny through Lloths Twisted web.

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Ilmra gives you a brief glance as you enter, you might feel that Harget got a little longer glance then you. Balbreena then looks at a few scrolls taking a few minutes, before she raises her eyes to you. "It took you long enough to report. I have a project for you."Unless you have a better Idea, this is what the House will do. Mother will be unhappy with failure" She pats the hilt of her three headed whip, that has never been used on you - though you might sense she wishes to do so. "These plans call for an attack on a trading House in which we only gain power if done well."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

Pauses grimaces then says with visible reluctance hopes her sister thinks its just from grudgingly helping her to

"Dearest sister, I still have some intel sources, shall I consult them over the next few days? see if I find anything?"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Glances to you as you speak "Ilmra, I can grant you a few days. Mother though will be told of the delay caused by you." Smiles so sweet to you. "Here are the Intel I have for you. I want a successful project in 10 days. Either this one or whatever minor thing you might offer. Be assured I will claim all rights of success and you will be blamed for all that goes wrong. As you well know by now, Mother likes me best." Flicks her whip impatiently toward Harget, however not reaching him. "Take these scrolls and depart, until you dare to reprt with any plan" Thrusts the scrolls toward you and turns her back on you. Least you think this a good time to kill the sister, her four bodyguards are watching you.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Harget snarls a little hearing his mistress threatened so, but Ilmras whip coils and Intimidates then gives 3 bites, enough to cause serious pain, but not enough to really injure.

"Never attack any Drow" she says coldly yet angrily. "Unless they attack me first, or unless I explicitly command it"

bows a bit lower then previously "Please, leave his disciplning to me, it is difficult to find a bodyguard that agrees with one, and he'll be invaluable on this mission"

decides to wait until she has the "Intel" before asking about the houses weapon master.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Ilmra your sister smiles at your use of whip. "You can do as you wish with the fur coat. These scrolls are the basic information. Take them and depart for now."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

bows and Harget mindful of his situation does the same, then both leave taking the scrolls.

will withdraw someplace private and discusses it with him, will use the intel vhauren has allready given her, to inform her scouts "Where I have a hunch"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Ilmra as you return to your quarters to review the plans of Balbreena. The plans do indicate a minor trading House. Smaller then the vision you received from your new deity. It is one of a cluster of four trading Houses. Balbreena plans call for a frontal attack lead by one of the blood to draw forces out in counter attack. Then the response of surrounding the defenders and breaching the House. All in all a plan that can work well for your House with the expected risk of lost of most, if not all of the first force that starts the battle. The survival is based on three factors. How well the first force attacks then defends against the defenders. The number of defenders that rally to attack the first force. Then the length of time for success of the second force killing the defenders. Survival of the first force is about 30 to 90 percent failure. This of course infers that the second force even wins. You also might notice you are planned to lead the first force. If this plan works odds are good you would be rescued by your sister with a report to Mother of how many House Members were lost under your command. If plan fails and you are killed. it clearly can be indicated to Mother that you failed to lead the Troops well. The Matron might be fooled in the first case, likely would not believe the second just give Balbreena credit for defeating a possible contestant against her power. Of course being dead you certainly would have a hard time to tell Mother about treachery,there again betrayal are a way to power.
A shadow flows over the scroll map of the four Houses and points to the other three Houses near there. "Hidden secrets. The one is four."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

pausing "the one is four?" blinks... will look over the plan again carefully...

Will check and make SURE the room is secured, and forgive any slaves or servants entrance on pain of death... then begin an incantatioin in high drow.

"Lord Vhauren, masked lord, god of thievery, lend me your wisdom!"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"The four are one. attack one you really attack four." A Shadow flows over you. Visions come into your mind. The Houses defenses are outward from a center of the four Houses. There is less defense from attack form any of the other three.

You see an attack on one House, as the attacking House starts to surround the one of the Four, fighters from the other three strike those in the common area between the four Houses.

Your see a Council meeting of the first Eight Houses and hear a report. "They are different Houses, they however do appear to try to prevent any fighters or attacks from any other group that comes into the area. Each House appears to attack when they believe there own House might be at risk. There is also evidence that the four houses war among themselves, non able to defeat the other. There is no proof or any justification to declare the four one House just holding fore names.. If any House attacks more then one House, the Goddess says you must destroy that attacking House." The Priestess giving the report lays down some records and gives her final words of her report. "The only answer appears that they just do not like strangers that pose a danger. Four the Great Houses to deal with this complaint the only answer would be to answer. The only way for legal success would be for four Houses to each attack one of each of the Four and not be allied and do it at the same time. No major House could or should be bothered by such a small prize, they however should not encourage four lesser Houses to ally, because they could become a major House by combining."

The shadow fades from your body. "Use the plan, daughter I gave you. Hide from this plan. It means death for you, your sister as well."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

she pauses and watches carefully knowing this is a plan that must be handled VERY carefully...

She must work to divide the houses, and must keep her sister alive for the time being... as distasteful as that will be.

(OOC: Christmas is a hectic season also I have MS So am sometimes not totally aware of what im doing)