On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian tugged his hood a little closer over his face.

[i:1vfyoynr]What an odd choice to try to cross such a thing at night.[/i:1vfyoynr]

"We'll be having to cross the gap ahead ourselves," Adian noted. "Perhaps we should provide aid."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinderanna watched the travelers from a hill top throw the pines.
her eyes squinted as the sun trickled throw the trees.

She sat mounted on the back of her Caribou comfortably. In leggings, a long sleeved tunic belted and a head band all made of Caribou hides. Her white fur boots were delicately crafted. Her long white hair caught the breeze as it wisped throw the trees. Her charcoal skin was painted in grey spirals artfully

There was a magical quality to her Stag with his great antlers.
She was a drow from the Islands of the far north.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((welcome, and just in case, its still night. around 2230))

the horses neighed, noses puffed loudly. they smelt the mount of another.

Moonlight ears went forward and Zarae heard the 2 ahead. She pulled her hood over her head and leaned forward on Moonlight.
"what is it? Theres more than those two ahead," she whispered softly.
Zarae then rode up next to Adian and signed, "you dont find it odd their here this time of the night and so obvious? who would be so loud and give yourself away so easy. this could be an ambush? the horses sense another being around."
She turned to the other two and sighed, "keep an eye out. possible ambush." she then remembered that Pwdn might not know drow sign so she rode next to her, "possible ambush..keep an eye out," she said very low.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian peered around him at the forest, opening his mind to the world as he did (detect evil). He looked first towards the arguing pair, then looked for their unknown watcher.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinderanna felt the serg of the drows mind as he opened it

She spoke to him as she opened her own mind

I do not mean harm i know not these two on your path

I seek only to aid you she concentrated on these thoughts as to be perceived

She watched it the shadows of the moonlight
Last edited by CinderSuru on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian was startled. No one had ever [i:13loohmj]communicated[/i:13loohmj] to him through his "Sight" before. Nevertheless her words rang true...there was no malice on her part.

"Someone [i:13loohmj]is [/i:13loohmj]watching us," he said. "They mean no harm, I think, but share our curiosity about the two men ahead."
Last edited by Adian Novar on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae activated her house emblem (true seeing spell) and looked for the possible ambush. Adian assured them of no ill intentions, but she wasnt as sure.
and nobody liked drow, good or bad.

The human continued to insist the only way for the dwarf to cross was for him to be thrown. The dwarf huffed at the human and pulled on his dark auburn beard then rubbed his bald head.
The human male aggravated threw his hands up and walked to a tree and sat.
"It's too deep a climb down for either of us. and we dont seam to be able to settle this problem. why dont we set camp and discuss this in the morning."
"ye too stubburn to listen. we'd gone me way like suggested, we'd not be in this mess. fine lets camp. we be needing rest anyways."
the two spotted a boulder off the side of the trail and used it to block the bitter southeastern wind. they built a fire and was about to settle down when they heard in the distance neighing of horses.
"that's just great. now we got someone coming up on us. you had to argue with me and tell everyone we're out here in the open and vulnerable."
"shut ye mouth stupid and be quiet. Get up that tree and watch."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Pwdn dipped her head to the others' replies, she had not expected them to know, but not asking would certainly not have gotten her any further. She smiled back to Zarae and whispered that she'd understood; Pwdn had learned enough of the language to sign fluently, silence was once something she'd been rather good at. She signed back to the others with her intention to approach the two strangers and greet them, since she was the only non-drown of their group, and so moved Phenix on forwards to the impromptu camp. Negotiation was something she had some talent with and these two sounded like they were dearly in need some kind of aid; with this in mind she wished to introduce herself and do what she could for them, a fair ideal since they were all going in much the same direction anyway. "Hello, I heard you shouting and thought you might like some help?"

They might be bandits in ambush but Pwdn was not in a position where this should have worried her, she had expended very little magical energy that day and come that dawn she would be free to petition Ilmater to restore what she'd used. She pushed back her hood to let them see her, it was easier to trust someone when you could actually see them after all, but her skin was now the same pale grey it had been when she'd approached the village, she'd somehow adopted a more natural appearance for the benefit of the two whom she now greeted. The silvery skin and jet-black hair made her seem quite attractive and a little fragile, again helping quell any aggression they might feel towards her. First impressions went a long way, and she was carefully handling herself to seem believably vulnerable, as fitted the situation. Clearly not traveling alone like this she would be guarded and other horses had indeed been heard, but they weren't visible so it was an effective deterrent from violence without being particularly imposing. she'd apparently shown trust by coming this close on her own so she was quite probably sincere in her offer of aid and the smile she was giving them was rather more cheerful than befitted their location, hinting at an underlying gullibility.

All in all, Pwdn formed a quite accurate generalisation of eexactly the kind of person you could trust to help you with no strings attached. Though still quiet and demure as always her method was a little different to how she had been only moments earlier, if anything this made her seem more 'real' as a person than she normally was. Pwdn, without doubt, was an exceptional diplomat. "My name is Pwdn."

((Note: her name's pronounced pood-nn, sounding like 'wooden.' just in case you were wondering.))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((ooc: Im not use to playing a/with many dwarfs so I'm gunna try my best. some of the stuff might not be technically right however...))

Zarae saw Pwdn go ahead. She signed to the others to keep watch for enemies. She drew a dagger from her bracer-glove and ready for whatever.

The horses got antsy as they slowed down.

"great Frad, your so noisy in that armor they found us anyway."
Lyon climbed down from the low branch. He saw the female of silvery skin and black hair approach on a ghostly white steed. The human male was young, only 16 yrs old. His medium length chocolate brown hair was neatly pulled up into a ponytail. the tan skin was different from the pale elves of Bitterleaf. it was clear he was no stranger to this far north by his dress- warm padded leathers, and fur-lined boots and fur cloak. stepping out onto the path, he began to reach for his sword as she called out
grumbling, Frad stepped out of his spot, ax in hand. 'stupid boy's gunna get'em self killed.' He was dressed in fine platemail and a dented helmet. His thick full auburn beard was tucked into the shirt and the moonlight reflected off his smooth head. frad was young also; he had little of the hardness of skin and face characterized of aged dwarfs.
"well met Pwdn. what brings you out here this time of the night this time of the year?" Lyon spoke respectfully.
"what makes ye think we be needin your help Poo-in?" frad grumpily called out. ((he mispronounces your name.))
He looks back to the other horses and cloaked figures in the dark.
"hmph"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt looked carefully at the scene with Pwdn. When he saw another male crawl from a tree, he smiled wryly, "Well, we were partly right," He signed to his friends, "Although their ambushing would certanly be better if said ambushed didn't reveal himself." He dismounted, "Perhaps I should go down." He waved at his ragged dress, "I am the least, yet most imposing of the group. I think my attire is obviously worn, and who can see me as a threat? Yet if they were truly intelligent, they should realize that I am more than I appear, and that should be sufficient to forestall any rash action."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:3fyqtnw8]"Let's let Pdwn try first,"[/i:3fyqtnw8] he signed back. [i:3fyqtnw8]"We outnumber them, they behave like amateurs, we are almost as heavily armed...and she is less likely to frighten them than any of us. Dwarves have long grudges against our kin...justifiably so. At the moment she's our best speaker."[/i:3fyqtnw8]

Still, he rolled his shoulders a bit letting the men see that his weapon was sheathed, but easily available. He kept his hands where they could see them and tried to look somewhere between ready for trouble and amicable to a quieter solution.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

~Reaching for her bow silently she aimed at the the human climbing down from the tree.~

She gently sent out her thoughts toward the drow who's mind she had reached.

"My arrow is on him should he pose a threat" she whispered in her thoughts
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt sighed, "Diplomacy is not thy strongest point," His fingers flashed, "In most of my diplomatic relations, the one with the bigger sword usually wins." He smiled, "And in any case, Pwdn might need our help, and who can better hide himself in this weather than I?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian paused, thinking.

[i:rxjlh47w]Do not shoot unless combat is unavoidable,[/i:rxjlh47w] Adian thought, hoping whomever was out there could hear him life before.

[i:rxjlh47w]Very well,[/i:rxjlh47w] Adian gestured to Zazzt. [i:rxjlh47w]Back her up, and be careful.[/i:rxjlh47w]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

"If your thoughts are directed to me I will hear you clearly have know doubt, I will wait for your signal"

She watched at the ready for a signal, although all seemed well in control, things could change in a moment who knows what else or who else could be out there. She Kept her focused on the human in her aim.