A Clearing Near Baldur's Gate

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Mags
Maid
Maid

A Clearing Near Baldur's Gate

Post by Mags »

The moonrise was beautiful.

Yes, she had to prepare the event, but still, Anjana could not help but watch. The fading sun cast its light on the middle-aged human woman clad in what would be simple peasant clothes, if not for all the red silken bands woven through-out. As she moved around, preparing food and drink, her long curly dark brown hair danced in the light as though the goddess herself was animating it. And was that a faint music playing?

Anjana raised her head and listened. "I might just start worshiping the Darkfire of Love myself, if this continues," she thought with a small smile on her lips. She wondered about how to thank Eilistraee for making her work more enjoyable, and settled on doing a small dance. Not that she was good at it, but she didn't think the goddess would mind. "Maybe I should thank Mystra, too, for loaning me to her friend?" Well, technically, Anjana volunteered. Mystra's will was that one of them helped Eilistraee with providing for the refugees around Baldur's Gate, and the sorceress was doing some of that already anyway.

She put the thoughts about herself out of her mind and focused on her task. Soon, hopefully, more would arrive. Followers of Eilistraee and new people. People in need. People who have love to give.

Who would arrive first?

[[Open RP, please join in if you want! No need for perfection, seriousness, commitment, or anything. This is supposed to take place a little after the events of BG3, but feel free to ignore that, if you prefer.]]
dergure
Maid
Maid

Re: A Clearing Near Baldur's Gate

Post by dergure »

A slim drow appears from behind some bushes, she's frantically looking around, as if she was affraid of being chased by something or someone
Her clothes slightly tattered are black, her skin resembles a starless night sky, and her hair as pale as moonlight
"l'ta'ecelle zhah keven, bwael"
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen it would translate to "the sunrise is dropping, good"
She sits down to the ground, not paying much mind to others in the clearing, it's been a long day for her
Mags
Maid
Maid

Post by Mags »

Anjana just had finished lighting the bonfire in the clearing's center, when the first people arrived. One of them, a drow, spoke, well, drow. Anjana was taken by surprise for a moment, but recovers quickly enough. She should have thought of that! Of course, some of Eilistraee's followers would speak drow. And while she didn't understand it, the intent was clear enough.

"Welcome friend!" she said. "Please help yourself to anything you need." The newcomer seemed to want to be left alone for the moment, which was just as well, as there were new arrivals to greet.

As the sorceress went about her business, she completely overlooked the silent hunter sneaking through the grass. The small hunter moved to the drow sitting at the fire and carefully touched it with its little paw. "Meow!" A silver tabby cat looked expectantly at the drow, dropping a small piece of meat on a stick meant for grilling over the fire next to her. "Meow?"
eenock
Maid
Maid

Post by eenock »

walking out from a copse of trees near the edge, a lithe, silver-haired drow male walks within the ring of firelight, pushing a hood back that'd been covering his face. He was pale, but his heritage was unmistakable. His eyes were wary as he tentatively asked.

"Abbil. Abbil... I am a friend, do you understand me?"

he asks with both hands raised somewhat, showing they were empty
Mags
Maid
Maid

Post by Mags »

Anjana turned to the newcomer. "Welcome! I do understand you, friend. Although I do not understand 'Abbil.' Is that your name? I'm Anjana. I'm afraid I do not speak Drow, but I certainly would be willing to learn." She smiled. "But anyway, please, make yourself comfortable! And tell me if you need anything."
eenock
Maid
Maid

Post by eenock »

he smiles, hands still raised and shakes his head

"Abbil, it means 'friend'."

he says in a lilting common

"My name is Alfakyn, good to meet you Anjana. Is it safe here??"