OOC ~ Just Prowling...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

OOC ~ Just Prowling...

Post by Malek »

Careful with your posting, Iymlin. Just a couple of points.

Xion mentioned that he would be posting soon. While it doesn't break any rules to post regardless, it is a bit rude for your actions to affect events that have not yet happened (aka Xion's promised post). Not that you did anything wrong, it'll just make things awkward for him to do something unaccounted for in your post. I don't mind Drathir's post, as it has nothing to do with any events that Xion could possibly set in motion.

Also, it's very uncool to post in a manner to directly oppose the previous posts simply because I hadn't posted in a few hours. I live in New York. I have to sleep (his post was at 10:55pm here in New York). I have to go to school. Not much time for posting. Again, while this wasn't against the rules, it does suck to oppose events already set in action just because I hadn't posted in less than 12 hours.

However, this next thing does involve a "rule" of sorts. More of a guideline that is outlined here: viewtopic.php?t=110. Specifically the part about controlling one's own character. It is going a bit far to push Malek (who is not only against a wall, but bigger than you) out of the way and intercept Baravar. It would be better form to attempt such a thing, as opposed to RPing Malek and Baravar into doing that.

Just a few pointers. In my opinion, you don't have to change your post, and I will try to come up with something.

***This is officially up for debate. Anyone who reads this topic is allowed to put forth their thoughts on this matter.***
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

I'm essentially content with this solution, then. Though I am inclined to ask for an edit, frankly. Not a thorough revision, but enough of an edit to make it fit better with the "don't call the blow striking" guideline.

But I'll leave that up to the greater consensus, as it is not a big deal either way. I don't have another post due until after Xion, Malek, and Vasriina post anyways, to give them time to react.

So, yeah...I'm for a minor edit, but not hell-bent on it.

Surprises are good though. They make life interesting and twisted.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

[quote:2epdt299]Surprises are good though. They make life interesting and twisted.[/quote:2epdt299]

That's true, and I like surprises.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

Xion wearing only a lacy pink thong. Their, enough of a surprise for you?
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:3t4281q5]Iymlin, did not 'make' you move. In fact, she said in her post, that 'she moved to twist malek away' as in making a move, in fact you can dodge it all you want. And her movements are of a lithe nature for example like spike, from cowboy bebop, this scrawny guy, who movements moved like liquid and he just happened to subdue/move a person out of his way.

That is how here character is, extremely nimble and quick of movements. Besides, it was her entrance post, she didn't have to wait for anyone because she was never in the waiting line, since that was her point of entry, she now assumes the role of posting after Baravar from now on.

She, also said she grasped Baravar's wrist and made her move closer to him, in his next post, he can avoid and not transport her at all. Her ending statement was very vague...[/color:3t4281q5]

Now, don't get me wrong, if you feel offended in any way I will tell her. Though she didn't mean that since you didn't enter because you were just not on, what she meant was she got an idea from Baravar's post and went on it, if Malek had posted she would have to come up with a new idea to enter based on Malek's action. Do you get what I am saying? So she was glad you didn't reply yet so she could act on her entrance idea. Though, if you feel she should enter in a different way, then I will tell her to enter after my post in a different manor, and assume the role of posting after me.

I hope I don't sound evil, because I am not, I am in a neutral position, but since she currently can not defend herself, I thought I would speak up on her behalf. :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

No problem, Vasriina. I was merely stating how it came across to me. Honestly, I already have a few ideas on how to continue without being an ass and requesting that people change their posts.

[quote:29fjk0nm]Xion wearing only a lacy pink thong. Their, enough of a surprise for you?[/quote:29fjk0nm]

Malek dies.

Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

[color=olive:bizsnnmv]Yea, I didn't mean to come off as such a b*mumble* but I mean if you were like her to edit something, or just completely remove it, TRUST ME, it is not that big of a deal, we understand. No worries. :) [/color:bizsnnmv]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Not my intent. As I said, just how I saw it.

In fact, I don't want her to change it. I'll post as soon as everyone has made their thoughts clear on the matter.

Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

I'm fine with hers and others posts. After all, I've had plenty of run ins with autoing, and by far Iymlin is the least of my worries. She's a great roleplayer, and someone I'd trust to keep things ooc and out of drama. So, I'm fine with her posts.
Last edited by Xion on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Autoing?

Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

[color=olive:25vde8ez]Alright, I mean if you guys dont have a problem with it, then I don't as well. In fact, I thought it was a cool entrance. I didn't even know about it until she told me. It was a 'surprise'... ;) [/color:25vde8ez]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I like surprises...just not big drow men in lacy pink thongs.

Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

[quote="Malek":3vht2ezi]Autoing?[/quote:3vht2ezi]

Autoing is a term used for someone actioning another person's character. Most of the time it's referred in terms of fighting, where most people do it without knowing it. When you type up an attack post that "Hits" on the first chance, and you claim that the opposer doesn't dodge, without his post mentioning it, as well as stating an action of the damage the opposer receives, it's autoing.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:138uklk0]I see the discussion & I don't want to piss anybody off, but I felt that Imlyn took liberties by grabbing & moving Malek's character as well as Baravar's. There has to be an option - with wording - to allow another character to not allow their character to be grabbed. I personally, would be really ticked off if someone took such liberties with my character.

I agree with Baravar & Malek on not changing the existing storyline. If you see another way to post, then no edits or deletions.[/color:138uklk0]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

[quote:22mbg77z]Autoing is a term used for someone actioning another person's character. Most of the time it's referred in terms of fighting, where most people do it without knowing it. When you type up an attack post that "Hits" on the first chance, and you claim that the opposer doesn't dodge, without his post mentioning it, as well as stating an action of the damage the opposer receives, it's autoing.[/quote:22mbg77z]

Ah...I've done that before...though it was in regards to healing so I bet that nobody cared.