OOC ~ Just Prowling...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

sry to see ya go lass but will welcome you back. When ya get back :)

Yay i possessed someone hehehe.

As a further note tho the assassin isnt attacking Vasriina but Xion. But in light of certain situations and RL takeing over some people or just flat out comp crashing. When i post later tonight ill fix all my stuff up as well.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:1ci2fwfz]Ah, thanks guys. That means so much to me. Yes, do not fret I shall return to you all... :D :roll: .

I will return later, maybe in a couple of days. Don't worry this RL stuff wont keep me too busy.

Thanks, Elrohir for enlightening me about the assassin. Helps a bunch. ;) [/color:1ci2fwfz]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Should I wait, Vasriina? If it's just a couple of days, then no problem. I'm interested in seeing how you react to Malek's mad dash.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:cyghefk3]Well, it's up to you really? I don't mind. I just feel guilty making you wait. Your so nice.

And what about Xion?[/color:cyghefk3]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Oh, that's right...hmmm...
I'll wait a few days...then decide. Elrohir should post. And Baravar and Iymlin can post anytime they want, as well as Drathir.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Elrohir
Regular

hi

Post by Elrohir »

I just posted. Pwew that took a little bit to write. I dont mind waiting either for Vasriina ive already passed up Xion and am no longer directly interacting with him. Just Vasriina for now as Balthazar.

However i am bringing up the point here as well. about the pebbles. that have been thrown. They are an area effect target. Really bright white hot light i.e. stars have just bursted in what would seem like hundred, into existance. some of the lights strobe and some just burn hard bright light. Since light is faster then sound, then comes the thundering retorts that actually do damage but minor sonic damage. But the constant retort so colose could cause hard ear damage or even permanent ear damage to that of the elven kin. The light it self even has the power to blind those of the dark.

The area and effects have also brought on curious eyes from other parts of the city. Especialy those of possible invaders. To whome I will be introduceing soon When the time is right, and if things go as planned. But ill let you all get to know him as a side story ill write in as i interact with my own characters, As will this be more of a part for Drathir if she wishes to partake on her particular destined road.

Drathir umm we should discuss your post via msn. pls contact me when you can.

Well goodnight and sleep well all works early tomorrow alot earlier then normal. Hope im not takein to many liberties and what not.
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

A man fades for a while with a reasonable excuse and people try to run him over, pity.

Now! As a reference to defend my characters move to "deflect" the ethereal movement, technically you didn't state whether it was Arcane, or Psyonic. If it wasn't possible with Arcane, then why do they have spells that allow it for Wizards? And also, mentally stimulating the psyonics of the brain to allow the body to go into the ethereal still involves manipulating the ley lines, just not as directly as Wizards. It's more of a personal means that don't involve mana. So, in fact, the anti-magic cone from his graft eye would be plausible to stop your attack, at least to remove your ability to divert into the material plan at that moment while in its view. It would take effect against magic, and even incorporeal, or ghosts of the ethereal hold many of the same aspects as mana. Magic is a composition of energy, manipulated, altered and reconfigured to shiver through the eternity things that weren't originally there, like a fireball for instance. By manipulating that energy, through Divine, Arcane, or Psyonic, it is still manipulating energy. In this case you were altering your characters ability to blink between the realms, but it still effects the energy between the two parallel existing planes. So, anti-magic, would effect the energy between the realms equally, no matter how you used it, Arcane, or Psyonic.

So, that is my understanding of things, and I recall that it would make great sense of understanding to help us all in some means of a same page.

On a side note, this is more based around theories beyond D&D. Since "Magic" in most sense doesn't exist it a proverbial an d grasping fact, we as roleplayers or imaginative reader/writers have to keep in mind these open ideas.

Also, it's good to be back. I went through a lot of shit to get this piece of junk working again.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Welcome back!

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Technically no Xion it doesnt work like that. Refer back in forgotten realms a time known as the time of troubles. When all the magic of toril was gone. All that remained was House Oblodara *sp* And their invasion against house baenrae *sp* There was no magic arcane or devine. but there was still Psionics. You who travels with an Illithid should know this. Psionics isnt the same as magic and anti magic doesnt work on it. Also refer to psionics hand book and read the first chapter. What is Psionics. I do however play dnd have been since i was 14 and thats where all my rules and guide lines really come from.

However seeing as how my character played along with it and stayed within the ethreal plane as persay your eye would do. I didnt hit you i didnt even harm you in any way. just went right through you. Trust me my friend there will be plenty of time for those two to battle it out. As that wont be the last thing you see.

As persay for magic it self. not all magic comes from ley lines
some magic comes from the land it self. the mana is drawn from the land to produce an effect to what ever the caster derives. However anti magic would work on that as well.

But seeing as how psionics isnt magic and you stated that you used anti magic not anti psionics He technically could have contenued with his action.

To bring down another point besure that no one forgets about the rain of psionically charged pebbles.

I havent had time to get my characters up yet. Tho i think i can work on one today. Im in the early stages of flu so i didnt have to go to work today. Im on bed rest dont have to do anything outside or anything. So if i dont feel to much like crap when i get done posting im going to work on it.

And on the point of me not bringing it up. I beleive i gave a breif about L'Venorik further up this thread. And I should not have to broad cast all my little tricks so that people can come up with an instant way to defend. Xion chose to use his graft eye of anti magic to stop him and it could not have worked. (due to arguments above) And since i pretty much played along with the anti magic. Xion would think that his trick worked. As he stayed in the Ethreal plane.

Also good to see ya back I look forward to the rest of this game. now only if Vasriina were back too.
Elrohir
Regular

srry made a mistake

Post by Elrohir »

got to make a few corrections to the post above. I went and got my psionics handbook and re read the information i needed.

Firstly i was wrong in saying to look in chapter one. its chapter four Called Psionics on page 39 there is a varient rule set for psionics. "Psionics are Diffrent." However in the standard rule set psionics are just like magic. And your eye would have worked and what not. And it works vice versa too. But i personaly never used the standard rule set for psionics. Ive always used the Variant: Psionics Are Diffrent. Meaning they arnt the same as magic and neither in any way affect each other. for example a character with Spell resistance would under normal circumstances would also work as power resistance. But under the Variant rule set it doesnt work like that. spell resistance doesnt work against powers.

I dont really feel like writing from the book here so you can see it. So Let us just remember the time of troubles era in forgotten realms the instance i mentioned earlier with house oblodara and their attempted invasion of House Baenrae *sp*

Other then that i dont know what to do. I guess we should all have a discussion how how psionics are going to be treated in the game.

Im not really feeling to well right now. so i hope we can come to an agreement. before there is any further adherements to the game
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

You're misunderstanding what I stated.

In short, your psyonics was tampering with the energies around you. They didn't tamper with your character, but the fabrics of reality around him, thus altering his position in the realms. By doing so, you would be altering, or changing, manipulating the energies to do so. Anti-magic would remove any exchange or manipulation of energies, that's what it does.

So again, your psyonics or not, it would still be the same outcome. I guess what I'm getting at is; I think beyond Dungeons and Dragons when I contemplate some form of logic into reason. Above all else, this is roleplay, a piece of fantasy that we as writers can create the story for. As so, we need a fix of reality that we know to grasp a form of understanding and divert from confusion. My understanding is in theories and logic, thus my study of energy and my reasons of understandings.

Now, in your defense, Psyonics are not the same as Arcane or Divine. But let this riddle your mind. If it's anti-magic, why is it Divine magic, granted from the gods themselves, can be halted from an anti-magic? It doesn't coarse through the ley lines, nor natural magic. Divine magic most of the time is used like a pinch in the bubble we call the Astral Plane. Usually sent down from an Arch-type or Archon to twist the path of the astral into a small weaving to the Ethereal. The reason for this? Think of it like a spiritual ghost. Ethereal is well known to be a never ending ampt of energy for mages, and one of the three trinities of humanity contain there. Now, even Liches, without a soul can be granted an essence of "life" in the Ethereal, Though in a negative sense due to their bottled souls, but a means of an aura to stimulate the idea of some form of sentient being still exists.

Anyways, By means of that shadowing existence to the material plane, most, not all, but most Divinists use the ethareal realm to connect their Divine followers with such spiritual power.

Now to my point. The Ethereal realm is a well known tamper for a lot of, if not most Arcanists, with the variety of others to use energies from other sources. But it holds key energies, such as the negative energies used to manipulate things in the first place, Conjuration, Alteration, Necromancy, etc. Without negative energy, their would be no balance to the possative energy needed to weave such spells or abilities, thus it would offset reality. And that would wake things more so elder and angry than the gods themselves. Let alone it has been known to have such side effects as Wild Mages.

Now to your psyonics. As stated and agreed, Psyonics are different in all ways yes. But you still used your psyonics to manipulate, and alter your characters position in the world, thus off setting the energies about him. While HE may be psyonic, the world around him is still made up of energies beyond his mental grasp, correct? By Xion using the anti-magic cone, it would instill the energies about that area to not be able to be manipulated. Magic, or otherwise, no tampering of their threads of understandings would be possible, at least not in that 50 by 50 foot cone. On behalf of Xion, he's not attacking you with it, he couldn't you're in the Ethereal. But that doesn't mean he could short term "Lock-down" the material realm from such abilities to twist the reality in said view.

And I apologies for the misspellings. And it's good to be back.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

i get all that good logic and what not stuff. I just have a diffrent theory and system of logic then you do i guess. The way i under stand his disposition is that he has actually entered a diffrent plane and is only leaving behind an ethreal shadow. Meaning that in all technicality the shadow doesnt even exist. Its just the alter image of himself. It does not matter anyways he played along with it. In my perspective anti magic does not work on psionics just as a nullify psionics wont negate magic.

As for the devine magic thing you mentioned. It is to my understanding that Devine magic is all in once with the same as arcane. They just have a diffrent way of getting to that power. Either through Faith or study or even blooded natural talent *sorcerers* They all take energy that is not of their own in the first place. Psionics is a manifest of ones own personal mental ability The energy comes from within himself. Hes not grabing at some other form of energy ie ley lines or mana or devine fervor. Thats how i see it that is. But then again i uses magic diffrently then most people do. I dont use the dnd system for magic. I have created my own type of wizzard called a Mana Shaper. but more commonly still known as a wizzard or Sorcerer. As it takes long study and natural talent to shape mana from the land.

Besides if all else failed he would just mind blast Xion over and over then use disentigrate ray and be done with it. but in spirit of the game i dont want to kill any one.

Your not the only one with a perfectionist problem. It may not be martial proweress but the perfection of his mind has come the farthest and is the most important to him. before he discovered he had the inate psionic power he perfected his body as an assassin. And he just became better with the addition of psionics.

any ways i roled with it and the attack was prevented and L'Venorik is temporarily out of the picture. Im waiting to see what happens with vasriina and Balthazar.

Btw Xion its good to meet a fellow Texan.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

Thanks to a friend bringing this up, it is valuable proof to the pseudo fact of this debate.

In D&D terms; Ethereal Realm

[quote:2bvvj2a1]A gray, foggy plane parallel to the Material Plane at all points. Creatures within the Ethereal Plane can see and hear into the Material Plane to a distance of 60 feet, though the reverse is not usually true. Force effects originating on the Material Plane can affect items and creatures on the Ethereal Plane, but the reverse is not true. Because the Ethereal Plane is often used for travel, it is also considered a transitive plane (like the Astral Plane and the Plane of Shadow).[/quote:2bvvj2a1]

Scroll to Ethereal Plane.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dn ... ane&alpha=

And to further your argument that Psyonics are not wavered by magical compound.

[quote:2bvvj2a1]COMBINING PSIONIC AND MAGICAL EFFECTS
The default rule for the interaction of psionics and magic is simple: Powers interact with spells and spells interact with powers in the same way a spell or normal spell-like ability interacts with another spell or spell-like ability. This is known as psionics-magic transparency.

Psionics-Magic Transparency: Though not explicitly called out in the spell descriptions or magic item descriptions, spells, spell-like abilities, and magic items that could potentially affect psionics do affect psionics.
When the rule about psionics-magic transparency is in effect, it has the following ramifications.
Spell resistance is effective against powers, using the same mechanics. Likewise, power resistance is effective against spells, using the same mechanics as spell resistance. If a creature has one kind of resistance, it is assumed to have the other. (The effects have similar ends despite having been brought about by different means.)
All spells that dispel magic have equal effect against powers of the same level using the same mechanics, and vice versa.
The spell detect magic detects powers, their number, and their strength and location within 3 rounds (though a Psicraft check is necessary to identify the discipline of the psionic aura).
Dead magic areas are also dead psionics areas.[/quote:2bvvj2a1]

Scroll down to; COMBINING PSIONIC AND MAGICAL EFFECTS
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org ... ionic.html

With those noted, I hope it ends this misunderstanding. And if you, as you stated previously that you're not using D&D rules, then my previous post and explanation would contain all the fact needed to discontinue that argument.

So I ask nicely that you change your post. Yes, your character chose to let it slide, but in all, it's not about that, it's about the fact that your character CAN'T do as you so think he could if he wished. I base, as stated before, my means on a form of logic, and this site, as well as this thread base off the idea of Forgotten Realms, a D&D setting. So the least you can do is respect the others by following the quality of their design. If you wish to have something different, then by all means you're allowed to make your own thread, and hopefully people would respect your wishes.

As for Vasriina, before she left, and when you were talking of your idea, she mentioned to me her irritation of you pushing the idea on her. I'm not sure if she/when she agreed to it, but by all means it's still considered autoing, and is thus a means of breaking the rules of this site. In your posts you gave her no means of resistance, you simply did it without giving her a choice. Vasriina is new to the terms of T1, and so didn't know any better, but through my explanations she now understands her position. So, I just fair warn that you're stepping on stripping thread.

Not to prod at any wounds, if any. But I have one more point that came to me, thus the need to edit. I've noticed that you seem to get up tight when others don't go with your role. This is roleplay, and no means will always go at your way. Yes, you seem to have a great interest in playing the surrounding world, that could and does add some thickening depth into the world beyond the focus of our characters alone. But that doesn't mean that you alone control them. In many ways, their could be outside means that we each, as individual writers wish to bring into the story, and thus, it will happen. This doesn't mean that you should get irritated about it, but just go with the flow and understanding that not all things are controlled by you. I never agreed to the terms of your "Storyline" and thus, am freely able to go about as I wish. As with anyone else. In short, just have fun, and stop being so pushy.

NOW! With all things aside, let us all have fun with the roleplay. I want to see where this all goes.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

No point in argueing any more you dont want to accept the variant rules, Which is fine by me. Xion brought up the standard rule set and has now posted them as fact and is apparently non negotiable as being that i have been told im wrong and that xions right. So i let the warrior have his way. Ill fix the post. even though i beleive that i shouldent have to. I just dont care enough to argue it anymore. Ill figgure something else to do.

As for being pushy i didnt know i was being such and for such actions im sorry for it. To save any more arguments on my behalf i will remove the possession from Vasriina and remove L'Venorik from the story. I dont use the standard rules for magic and psionics so to have a psion in a game where my way of playing psionics isnt accepted there isnt a point in playing him any more. I doubt any of you are going to accept my way of running magic so i wont bother with that. I dont play warriors very often and the warriors i do have wont fit in here.

Vasriina im sorry if i came off pushy about the possession thing i just didnt want it to be forgotten i guess. And it was a cool idea to me to work with some one in that way. Instead of playing it with my self on my own characters. Im sorry if i bothered you with that idea and came off pushy. Ill remove it so you wont have to worry about it.

Since my whole train of thought has been thrown off by this i doubt ill be returning as i dont have anything else that would fit in. Elrohir is a Shaper and i use my own magic system for that. And in that system anti magic doesnt exist. I dont have any drow or under dark warriors.

So as i see it now from what has been said. Im to pushy and my way of doing things isnt accepted here. So ill simply do the only thing i can think of to do. And thats leave no not run from the problem because it didnt go my way. Just leave cause i cant figure anything else in my arsenal of characters that will play in this type of game. It was good to have met you all and maby sometime later we will meet again.
Last edited by Elrohir on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xion
Maid
Maid

Post by Xion »

[quote="Elrohir":3tv0qnks]No point in argueing any more you dont want to accept the variant rules, Which is fine by me. Xion brought up the standard rule set and has now posted them as fact and is apparently non negotiable as being that i have been told im wrong and that xions right. So i let the warrior have his way. Ill fix the post. even though i beleive that i shouldent have to. I just dont care enough to argue it anymore. Ill figgure something else to do.

As for being pushy i didnt know i was being such and for such actions im sorry for it. To save any more arguments on my behalf i will remove the possession from Vasriina and remove L'Venorik from the story. I dont use the standard rules for magic and psionics so to have a psion in a game where my way of playing psionics isnt accepted there isnt a point in playing him any more. I doubt any of you are going to accept my way of running magic so i wont bother with that. I dont play warriors very often and the warriors i do have wont fit in here.

Vasriina im sorry if i came off pushy about the possession thing i just didnt want it to be forgotten i guess. And it was a cool idea to me to work with some one in that way. Instead of playing it with my self on my own characters. Im sorry if i bothered you with that idea and came off pushy. Ill remove it so you wont have to worry about it.

Since my whole train of thought has been thrown off by this i doubt ill be returning as i dont have anything else that would fit in. Elrohir is a Shaper and i use my own magic system for that. And in that system anti magic doesnt exist. I dont have any drow or under dark warriors.

So as i see it now from what has been said. Im to pushy and my way of doing things isnt accepted here. So ill simply do the only thing i can think of to do. And thats leave no not run from the problem because it didnt go my way. Just leave cause i cant figure anything else in my arsenal of characters that will play in this type of game. It was good to have met you all and maby sometime later we will meet again.[/quote:3tv0qnks]

That's right, throw a tantrum. In the end you're not getting things your way, and you just admitted to wanting to do it YOUR way, not the way of others. This is not your site, nor mine, so we have no right to push around the rules.

And by all means, if you want, you can push it that I lack the intelligence of foundation of proof to settle the ideas of this site, when infact you did. I was placing it as a means of understanding, and you once again prove the ones that PMed me, right. You're infact throwing a fit because things didn't go as you wished, and by doing so taking it the worst way possible. I even told you in PM on MSN that you're welcome to this thread and forum, because it's not my place to ban you, nor would I want to. I just pointed out what others didn't, simple as that. So, if you want to take my words as insults, fine by me, I wont lose any sleep over it. But stop being an emo kid and get over it, if I didn't respect you, I wouldn't have openly been honest with you in the first place.

I'm blunt and to the point, but by no means was I attacking you in my previous post, only setting the D&D standard, that would be "Defaulted" as the ideal means of this site. They are in fact, D&D based, and not ruled through change in this thread by the one that created it. It is not my place to change the rules of another's story line, nor is it yours or any others besides its creator. So, if you want to run away with your tail between your legs because someone proved you wrong due to your lack of intelligent fact and knowledge, and your constant switching of your own words, be my guest. But I will not take the blame for your leaving, that's your own choice.

Oh, and if you say one thing, and then another to contradict it, you're only stumping yourself out.

And due to feeling that someone may attempt to point out Xion as a means of rule breaking, he hasn't. He is based off the idea of magic in the D&D world, just named and altered slightly in the means of roleplay over all, but still containing the means of the actual settings of Forgotten Realms.