Yasraena Dawndancer

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Yasraena D'issan An'ar
Maid
Maid

Yasraena Dawndancer

Post by Yasraena D'issan An'ar »

My name is Angie, I've played drow for a number of years now and love Eilistraeen Drow characters. My favorite character whom I'm reprising here was a young orphan by the name of Yasraena. She'll be developed on here as a Sword Dancer though she has undergone numerous changes throughout the years.

Yasraena as she currently stands is the daughter of a male convert to Eilistraee and an Elven wizard. Her father was sent to kill her mother to incite trouble between two houses one human. In the process Raena's father, Khavis was given the message....he slew the priestess who gave him the message and proceeded onto his target. However, when he encountered Solna (Raena's mother) there was an instant connection, something far deeper than he understood. He chose to disguise as a surface drow to "get closer" to his target. He ended up falling in love with both the elf and the Moon Maiden.

Yasraena's parents married (rare but it was to prove their true love) and had Raena. On the day of her Elven naming ceremony, the Human male who was Lord of the other house attacked and killed Raena's mother. Khavis in his grief went for revenge and disappeared into the night. (There was more to this story......a long adventure full of twists and turns, I love my DM)

Raena was raised by her father's best friends, a priestess named Rell, and her drow Aunt Viconia (who was completely nuts when she appeared but an oracle devoted to the lady...another long story).

Raena is lost between two worlds, not fully elf and not fully drow. Her hair is naturally silver versus white. Her eyes are a emerald green, betraying her elven blood.

Any of you have any suggestions or complaints, lemme know? :uh-huh:

I'm not sure how you advance here, what the rules are for starting characters. My husband might be bringing Raena's paramour Serath (CG Moon Elf Ranger/Cleric) onto the boards later, but he hasn't decided yet.

I'm happy to be here. 8)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome to the Chosen.

An interesting characte, though I suspect as the message spreads, there will be many have-Drow Half-Elf children.

As to the how one advances, it depends a little on what you mean.

Title advances based on number of posts made.
Experience points are a factor of how many posts a user makes and how many threads are started. It has nothing to do with level of a character.

Character level is solely a matter of user deciding what it is in FF RP, in campaingns (and some FF RP) there are expectations of being a certain level range. A Campaign could be run on a stricter DM controled manner that would tell players when their character gained a level, however there have not been here that type of play here (and of course on the other side) that type of play.

Playing in out of level situations can result in people not playing with you. Wildwood: Red Eye is about level 6 if one came in with level 20 it would not be well acepted and might be ignored. Coming in the same play at level one could result in character death perhaps due to acident.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Woot, Vic' mention!
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Yasraena D'issan An'ar
Maid
Maid

Then what would an appropriate starting level be here? Some chatroom games I've been too in the past required strict first level characters and had a system of keeping track of experience for purposes of allowing characters to advance to the next level. Others allowed for low level characters with a bit of a backstory to explain their experience thus far?

This character is currently sitting on paper at about 8th level including her ECL from 3.5 edition rules. Most games would make me scale her back to join in their campaigns? I just want to enjoy myself here and stay within the rules set by the House. :devil:
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Tyrmer":3ahmtvns]Woot, Vic' mention![/quote:3ahmtvns]

*Blink* Err what are you chating about?
Yasraena D'issan An'ar
Maid
Maid

[quote="Tyrmer":11egj7x5]Woot, Vic' mention![/quote:11egj7x5]

Woot? Vic???? Huh???? :?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Yasraena D'issan An'ar":1d9d1wq1]Then what would an appropriate starting level be here? Some chatroom games I've been too in the past required strict first level characters and had a system of keeping track of experience for purposes of allowing characters to advance to the next level. Others allowed for low level characters with a bit of a backstory to explain their experience thus far?

This character is currently sitting on paper at about 8th level including her ECL from 3.5 edition rules. Most games would make me scale her back to join in their campaigns? I just want to enjoy myself here and stay within the rules set by the House. :devil:[/quote:1d9d1wq1]

The rules of the House, we are Chosen there are no rules. *wink*.

In Free Flow Play sometimes levels do not matter at all, level tends to be a concern when combat takes place. Each player can bring their own understanding to how to play and what level to play at. The storyline you join or start can set forth guidelines about power levels. The basic rule for play is to play so that all have fun. There is no GM/DM here to tell you you can not do that. Because of that sometimes the OCC section can get posts about disagreements of RP interpertations, out of level play or metagaming (using knowledge the player knows, that the character can not know). There can be other matters discussed as well, but in general think of the Chosen as a social club to play a game. If one gets too rule heavy, too much it is my fun not yours that matters most to me or two much the dice say, one might not fit well. I am still trying to train Tymer from time to time, and I suspect he wants to train me a little as well. *grin*

The FAQ, floating around here someplace can also provide advice and guidelines that a user is expected to follow. You only need to heed the High Priestess that clearly will hug you. Non of the rest of us matter all that much.
Yasraena D'issan An'ar
Maid
Maid

So, how do I get started then? Where would be a place for a good introduction????
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Yasraena D'issan An'ar":1tlcc2wy]So, how do I get started then? Where would be a place for a good introduction????[/quote:1tlcc2wy]

Well there is the Rogues' Refuge, A Temple, A New Beggining (so we have typo problems from time to time) and A new beginning, the Temple or you could start your own thread as a way to invite players and play your story (introduce your character).

Red Eye is invitational.
The rest appear to be inactive.

Oh concerning A Termple *taps Velve on the head again*
Velve you do not want me to let Rooky loose on you do you? *wink*
Yasraena D'issan An'ar
Maid
Maid

Great, one last question? Where in Faerun are we???? Yasraena was from the Dalelands, most recently High Moon...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Yasraena D'issan An'ar":l9lm3peb]Great, one last question? Where in Faerun are we???? Yasraena was from the Dalelands, most recently High Moon...[/quote:l9lm3peb]

I have no Frelling idea where most of the locations are, I mostly build temples for the setting of others. Some locations are clearly in unmapped areas. Tymer might have a location fixed for the Inn. Often locations are set some miles away from a set location. 50 North of Silverymoon for example.

A Dales person certainly can be interesting *Smiles*.
Yasraena D'issan An'ar
Maid
Maid

Good, LOL, I'm glad......perhaps tomorrow I'll post something IC.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

As for levels, Tyrmer's pc in Rogue's Refuge is a god. :D
As for starting places, How About My Biogrephy Tavern?! It is meant for in character tales (inclluding biographies) told by the character.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2dkakyg4]

Oh concerning A Termple *taps Velve on the head again*
Velve you do not want me to let Rooky loose on you do you? *wink*[/quote:2dkakyg4]

Sorry 'bout the thread hijack, but Bhaern, theres really little for me to go on with that...
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

New ere myself. So as a complete stranger to another, Maido ookini. ;)