subject for removal

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

subject for removal

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

meh.
Last edited by Merinid Tlin'orzza on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 197 times in total.
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

I like him :)
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

A very unique character. Can't wait to meet him in role play.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Mirshann d'Roesor
Maid
Maid

Post by Mirshann d'Roesor »

do we use all that..pointy stuff O.o in RP..i saw no mention of that >_>

then again..i am incredibly stupid..for two years i thought this site was abandonded because i didn't see the forum link and the last modifcation on the forum was two years ago (i came here for the translator..been using drow for my RP char's language and name ideas since forever...)
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[quote="Mirshann d'Roesor":2oamrx50]do we use all that..pointy stuff O.o in RP..i saw no mention of that >_>[/quote:2oamrx50]

A character sheet isn't required for most if any freeform roleplaying games, it's really entirely up to you. It is probably required for playing in the campaign sub-forum though.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Merinid Tlin'orzza":29e53cjk][quote="Mirshann d'Roesor":29e53cjk]do we use all that..pointy stuff O.o in RP..i saw no mention of that >_>[/quote:29e53cjk][/quote:29e53cjk] Only if you seek that type of RolePlay. Of course being well equiped might discourage a battle from starting. [quote:29e53cjk]

A character sheet isn't required for most if any freeform roleplaying games, it's really entirely up to you. It is probably required for playing in the campaign sub-forum though.[/quote:29e53cjk]

Indeed a character sheet is not required and IMO often distracts from a character introduction. It provides a lot of OOC information that another player might (even acidently) take advantage of in Role Play encounters.

I have gone with simple things for some character, level they are about, this to avoid a 5th level meetin a 20th level type encounter.

As RP develpes at times there might be the need to explain feats taken to resovle a situation, or perhaps explain a spell or spell effect. So in one sense it tends to be good to have a character sheet to refer to and sometimes justify how a character can do something improblible.

Each however are free to decide for themselves how much and what type of information they provide.

I will add a warning not all characters are NWN specs or even D&D.
Mirshann d'Roesor
Maid
Maid

Post by Mirshann d'Roesor »

...yes >_>

Much prefer simple story - type ones..and or turn based battles ^_^ of which i am the champion of at 'The Spirit Realm' (another, alibit much smaller, RP forum).