Kaelen: Redux

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arathen
Maid
Maid

Kaelen: Redux

Post by Arathen »

Okay, so due to the fact that the concept I had for Kaelen has undergone so many changes, I've decided to completely overhaul his character info. Basically a different character now, same first name, different last.
------------

Kaelen Darksong

Race: Ssri`Tel`Quessir (Dark Elf, using the stats for Lesser Drow from the Player's Guide to Faerun)
Skin: Dusky Tan
Hair: Silver, streaked with dark blue
Eyes: Violet
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Deity: Eilistraee

Born in 1290 DR, The Year of the Whelm, he was raised by his mother, Lyathria Moonwhisper, a priestess of Eilistraee. From birth, the fact that he was different was obvious, not only due to his odd appearance (for he lacked the ebon skin of a drow despite inheriting the hair and eye color of his mother), but also due to his high intelligence, displaying an eagarness to learn from a very early age. Despite the misgivings of the other priestesses of their small community, his mother taught him knowledge of the gods and the various planes, knowledge typically reserved for female children in the matriarchal society of the Drow that still lived Below. Eventually, she and a few others began to train him with the sword as well, and in time he grew into a competent swordsman.

When he grew old enough, he struck out on his own, armed with a finely crafted sword gifted to him by his mother, and a silver symbol of Eilistraee around his neck. In his travels, he came upon an elf that claimed to practive the ancient art of Bladesong, Talthanel Balsaer. He and Tal traveled together, the older elf tutoring him, teaching him a method that, while similar to traditional Bladesong, seemed to have a heavier style to it, focusing on direct combat rather than precision skirmishing. Before he could proceed very far in his training, though, the pair became involved in the war with the Fey'ri Legion, joining Seiveril's Crusade and fighting against the Legion all the way back to Myth Drannor itself. Talthanel was slain in the final battle, but Kaelen continued with his training, using some of the tomes left behind by his mentor, remaining in the recaptured Myth Drannor for a time before striking out on his own again, to parts unknown...
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

I like it :)
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

pretty good. Hope to RP with you some time.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd