A Friendly contest(Act 2)

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

A Friendly contest(Act 2)

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=olive:8i1mzr5m]I welcome all comers to stop in and have a little joust to test their prowess and tactics in this fun little get together. In my last little contest like this, it was a round robin type deal, quite fun actually. If I'm not mistaken I think I got lucky and came out on top in that one, but that's not what I was looking for.

Rooky, Unen, Bhaern, you're all more than welcome to come join me again, as is any one else that wants to step in and see what's what and who's who.

Till we meet on the field, Merry meet and blessed be to all.[/color:8i1mzr5m]
Eilistraees'' jusron kus trelao waer''honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Hmm... I've been in a round robin once before, but the setting was almost completely different from this one (anime as opposed to FR, lol), so some pointers would be appreciated.

Still, if you don't mind, i'd like to join ^^;
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

I'd like to try it out, but I'm too scared to go first :D
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

[quote="Morfilmar_Desh":druq7o87]I'd like to try it out, but I'm too scared to go first :D[/quote:druq7o87]

Qez would go first as it is his idea, so don't worry :D.

It'd be up to him to think of a scenario, post order and make sure everyone manages to grasp the 'feel' of the setting in the RR he's looking for.

In other words, it's all him there :devil:
-----
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Err you need to present your characters. Sign up at the table, perhaps study the rules. Yor might consider looking at the last one, it is here: viewtopic.php?t=73&start=0

If no one appears to contest, pratice there will be no contest. Select a character and class/es and announce your name.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Okay, so basically state in this thread what classes your character has, get okayed, and then post in the Round Robin 2 thread that would be created once enough characters join?

Or am i misunderstanding again?

*reads last post in the old thread*

Also, anyone have a recommended level range? <.< >.>
-----
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:375snzcu]you got it, and also the weapons to be used are wooden practice weapons. This is just a friendly contest that will involve no bleeding hopefully, just a few bumps and bruises where the weapons make contact.

As far as character classes and what not, I always play a RGR/FTR, just so that every one knows. Right now I'm playing at level three, which means I have a +3/-2 BAB to attack with both weapons., but as I have taken weapon focus, which is a +1 to attack with the prefered weapon, that changes to a +4/-1 when using my actual weapons, and not the practice weapons.[/color:375snzcu]
Last edited by Qez_Veladorn on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eilistraees'' jusron kus trelao waer''honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Ix'Chimalxochitzin":1109herc]Okay, so basically state in this thread what classes your character has, get okayed, and then post in the Round Robin 2 thread that would be created once enough characters join?

Or am i misunderstanding again?
[/quote:1109herc]

State in that thread your character entering and signing up.

Quel has set the charater level at 3 so use that as a guide. A 4th might be fair and a very clever 2nd might win.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

*uses STR as a dump stat, takes some feat that gives a bonus to grappling and creates a high DEX dodge whore*

Anyway, i'll take a look at what's available.

-----

Ranger - "My bow is wood, my arrows are wood... Is that allowed?" <.<;;

Me - "I don't think they are..."

Ranger - "Drats, foiled again."
Last edited by Ix'Chimalxochitzin on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well blunt arrows might be permitted *wink*
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:lr57i3gc]Aye, so long as it's blunted, which on the racks along the wall there are some blunted arrows, they will be permitted.

I should say this, if you can use it as a weapon in a fight, a replica is there in either a pole(swords, staves, pole arms etc...). Or in the case of arrows, axes, daggers and so, there are blunted wooden replicas of them. We even have hammers too, if one were to choose such a weapon.[/color:lr57i3gc]
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Gods, this makes me want to play my Fairy Barbarian again...

Too bad they have ECL 4 tho, which is twice as much as Drow.

ECL 6 with Otto's Irresistable Dance, which imho is the funniest spell in there, and a must-have for any Bard with low Perform stats :P

-----

Couldn't find the stats for a Fairy, went with Pixie since they're Fey as well:

Pixie:

[list:2hg9tdj3][*:2hg9tdj3]-4 strength, +8 dexterity, +6 intelligence, +4 wisdom, +6 charisma[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Fly 60 feet (god)[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Low-light vision[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Free "dodge" feat[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Level adjustment +4, or +6 if can use Otto's irresistible dance[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Fey[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Damage reduction 10/cold iron[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Greater invisibility[/*:m:2hg9tdj3]
[*:2hg9tdj3]Spell resistance 15+class level[/*:m:2hg9tdj3][/list:u:2hg9tdj3]

Definitely the best character i've played in an RP so far... Esp. since the d12 applies to ALL Barbarians [i:2hg9tdj3]regardless[/i:2hg9tdj3] of race.

The party tank was 2'8'' XD
-----
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

If I ever am in a battle in any story line i would be in trouble... i have no clue what I am doing :/ I want to participate but don't know what I should do..
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Quin_Larien_Halfling":fnmobsq4]If I ever am in a battle in any story line i would be in trouble... i have no clue what I am doing :/ I want to participate but don't know what I should do..[/quote:fnmobsq4]

You would have help, arena is a way to practice, rules do not fully apply but also a way to learn the rules that most follow.

I have not yet decided to enter and last time I should have won *wink* but part of the practice islearning and teaching reasonable power levels. Sooner or later there can only be one.
Qez_Veladorn
Maid
Maid

Post by Qez_Veladorn »

[color=darkolivegreen:1zbzn6k3]The more the merrier, and as Bhaern said, it is a way to learn, as well as a way to watch others while waiting fot your turn to see what they do and what they are most dependent on. I'll tell you now that I like my bastard swords, although I do rely on speed and cunning, so you never know what's coming when facing me.

Aww, come on Bhaern, you know you want to get in on this again.[/color:1zbzn6k3]