The Depth of a Dragon's Roar

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

The Depth of a Dragon's Roar

Post by Doxa'era »

Gaigazet of the Storm was a dragon. He was powerful, he was greedy. His mouth could spew among the hottest of flames, but that isn't how he got his title. Instead, his title is derived from one of the powerful spells he wields at the flick of a claw. He was hated by the humans, loved by the elves, and allied with the orcs that inhabit the valley and each unaware of his association with another. His own home was difficult to find by any means. He inhabited one mountain out of many, and his cave went deep into the heart of the earth fortress with plenty of dead ends. Gaigazet didn't inhabit his home often for he did not care for rolling around in the masses of gold he pilfered and that is a characteristic unlike most other dragons. Instead, he calculated how many men the humans would try to bring in order to destroy him. He had tried to be polite to them, but their thick-headedness impeded any chance for alliance or peace, or even an agreement. So it is thus that Gaigazet must periodically wipe out whatever army the humans send into his home. The task was not difficult, but it was tiresome. After one hundred years, the humans have not tired. One hundred times, Gaigazet had to destroy them all. However, this time, he will let his orc allies deal with the invasion. He believes they've been too still for too long and it would be a good show. The dragon slithers into his cave, disappearing from the hidden cave entrance. Upon reaching the center, he ignores the increasing wealth surrounding him and moves toward the other side of the mountain.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: This is kind of a hard rp to make a character for. Unless you were to introduce another character with intent to use the dragon as an antagonist then this RP would most likely end in all out combat - and thus be better off in the arena perhaps?
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

[quote="Tyrmer":1zon46l0]OOC: This is kind of a hard rp to make a character for. Unless you were to introduce another character with intent to use the dragon as an antagonist then this RP would most likely end in all out combat - and thus be better off in the arena perhaps?[/quote:1zon46l0]

OOC: Oops, sorry >.> I guess it should go in the arena..
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Actully I do not believe this is arena material. That is for short plays, combat related often. This has the making of a story. After all the Dragon likes elves, allied with orcs, so only combat would be between human and dragon (or amyone trying to steal horde).

That said sometimes a story does not take off well. Also I certainly can move it if you want it moved.
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

OOC :I'm interested in this. 8) Not sure how to get started though.
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Morfilmar_Desh":2vtybaq7]OOC :I'm interested in this. 8) Not sure how to get started though.[/quote:2vtybaq7]

Well they appear to be many ways to get involved.

You could play a human as a dragon slayer.

You could play orc ambasidor to the dragon.

You can play an elf going to visit the Dragon.

I can see many paths ome could take which is why I resist the idea of Arena.

Or you might get involve in war without knowing, at least when you start, about the dragon.

All in all, I am waiting some for OP to indicate choices.

Of course this OOC will of course disappear no matter how tis sorts out.
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

OOC : I have an orc character I've yet to use...So the ambassador position sounds tempting! :D

I'll think of something cool to post. :p

What's an OP though? Sorry.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Morfilmar_Desh":1zjgq2t8]

What's an OP though? Sorry.[/quote:1zjgq2t8]

Original Poster, in this case Doxa'era

Now another OOC to delete, *G*

As far as it goes if you post IC if thread is moved your IC post will move with it. So you can start playing now.
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

OOC: Oh boy, it's actually heartening to see people arguing over the RP I initiated :P So yeah, I've opened this RP to three positions as they were previously stated.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Doxa'era":30auf6b8]OOC: Oh boy, it's actually heartening to see people arguing over the RP I initiated :P So yeah, I've opened this RP to three positions as they were previously stated.[/quote:30auf6b8]

Well you are not going to see this here anymore. I am moving it for now to OOC. Once you decide what you want to do you can start a RP where you want.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

OOC: Do you need an elf that is friend to the dragon... if I may Private message you to talk bout it.. let me know ok..
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Quin_Larien_Halfling":1xw0gy42]OOC: Do you need an elf that is friend to the dragon... if I may Private message you to talk bout it.. let me know ok..[/quote:1xw0gy42]

You do not need to say OOC here, *wink*
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

:p ok :lol:
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

"By BAHGTRU I would crush the life out of your body, WORM!"

The orc leader pulled a smaller orc from the front rank and clasped his skull with his powerful hands. He applied pressure as if to break it.
The smaller orc helplessly squirmed and pawed at the orc leader but could do nothing. The mass of orc warriors halted their march at the sight of the spectacle.

Satisfied by the look of terror in his eyes, he tossed the orc back into rank with a roar...Knocking several others off their feet.

"Then less talking and more walking, MAGGOT!"

The orcs hurriedly picked themselves together and the company resumed their marching.

"MARCH! The dragon commands us!" The leader roared.

"For Gruumsh and Gaigazet!" He raised his fist into the air and glared at the orc warriors as they passed him in orderly ranks.

Their eyes met his with an equally determined look.

"FOR GRUUMSH AND GAIGAZET!" They repeated in unison.

"The dragon will be pleased. They are strong. They are obedient." The leader thought to himself.

"Well, most of them..."

He shook his head to rid himself of this last thought.

"They know their place. 1 out of 500 isn't bad."
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Come on come on, no-one interested at all?

It's a DRAGON guys! :D