Morfilmar Desh - The character

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Morfilmar Desh - The character

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

MORFILMAR DESH

Race :
Humanoid

Subrace :
Drow-Elf

Homeland :
Menzoberranzan

Class :
Fighter (12), Barbarian (2), Rogue (2)

Alignment :
Chaotic Neutral

Deity :
Eilistraee

Biography :
Morfilmar was born in the prominent drow city of Menzoberranzan, into the House Desh. He was the 2nd boy of mother Tan'iza, Matron of the House and influential priestess of the temple of Lloth, and 3rd boy of father Pad'rin, the current House Patron.
Being the 3rd son only on his father's side, Morfilmar wouldn't be sacrificed to Lloth as per tradition.
Pad'rin, prior to Tan'iza, had a child with a mistress of House Sar'and. This House had since it's founding been in secret worship of the godess Eilistraee, the Dark Maiden, and upon it's uprooting some odd years ago, all members were held to drow justice and executed.
Pleading ignorant of their beliefs, Pad'rin and his infant son were spared of their fate. In truth however, the Sar'and faith had left a lasting mark on Pad'rin and his sense of right and wrong, morality and rights...
Now, growing up it was plain to see that Morfilmar was to be a frail boy. Possesing a serious stutter from the day he uttered his first word, and performing poorly at most of his House duties, he was shunned by his Matron-mother and the other mistresses at an early age. His father however, harboring no affection for the cruel Tan'iza, embraced this weakness as a gift from his late love of Sar'and.
He had been wishing for a child to pass his newfound beliefs unto, but seeing his first two boys grow into strong and proud Lloth abiding males, he dared not approach either of them with this in fear of being killed. But Morfilmar he would nurture his ideals unto, and from virtue's teet Morfilmar would suckle throughout his childhood years. The voice of the Dark Maiden would soon overpower that of the Spider Queen's...and to remedy his terrible stutter he was taught to sign, to speak with hands in place of quivering tongue.
At the day of his 16th birthday, when his duties as page-prince were completed, he was told by Matron Desh it was time for him to take the life of his first victim. Pad'rin and his three boys were to lead an expidition to the surface in hunt of a suitable one. Morfilmar refused. As did Pad'rin, who now openly declared his intentions for his dear child.
Tan'iza was outraged, and in her anger ordered K'rall, Morfilmar's older brother, and Zhear, Pad'rin's firstborn, to slay them. In the ensuing conflict Pad'rin took the lives of them both, but was mortally wounded in the process.
Morfilmar was decimated by this sudden loss, but instead of killing him outright, Tan'iza kept him alive...reveling in his pain, she tortured him each passing day by curse and by whip.
Then, not until after four long years of this...When Morfilmar left the House chambers to attend his first day at the academy (Melee Magthere had been chosen for him, but not because of any physical talent displayed on his part, but merely due to the fact that the flawed nature of his tongue meant Sorcere would be an impossibility), he instead fled the city gates into the Underdark, leaving behind Menzoberranzan and House Desh once and for all...

Appearance :
Morfilmar Desh is a very unusual-looking drow...with grey skin, eyes as white as a spider's egg, and unkept gritty blonde hair. He stands about 4 feet 2 inches tall and has slim, somewhat fit features.
As do all noble drow, he carries the insignia of his House with him always. In Morfilmar's case around his neck, concealed underneath his piwawfi cloak.
The symbol of House Desh is a great 16-legged spider, and it holds a magical dweomer that imbues each member of the family with the ability to sprint at an enhanced pase. Even though Morfilmar has forsaken his past and his home, he cannot bring himself to discarding this item.
Morfilmar commonly wields his twin handaxes Pad'rin and Sar'and, which he had forged for him while in Szith. The weapons are named after the two beacons of hope he has in his otherwise relentless existence...
His father, and the House of his religion.

INVENTORY

Weaponry :

"Pad'rin" and "Sar'and" :
Twin handaxes +2.
Made from silver, they flash and glow brightly when light finds their edge.
Morfilmar always wields Pad'rin in his right hand, and Sar'and in his left.
He is right handed by nature, although he has grown quite ambidextrous through the simultaneous use of these weapons.

Armour and Protection :

Stonebar Dark Avenger Plate :
A mighty piece of armour forged and appropriately named for Morfilmar by the dwarves of Stonebar.
The plates of steel are coloured obsidian, and in-between them scales of a yellow dragon have been fitted.
Having been crafted to suit his fighting-style, it is light and flexible enough for Morfilmar to sprint in.
Considered a full-plate armour with a +3 bonus to AC, but when facing dragons it becomes even more potent, the AC bonus now +5.
Due to it's draconic nature it bestows Morfilmar with a 10/- resistance to fire, but also a 25% weakness to cold.
It shines with a magical red light in an area of up to 15 meters around it.

Tower Shield +2 :
A heavy and cumbersome shield as tall and wide as Morfilmar himself, he will sometimes brandish this on his left arm in the stead of Sar'and.
Most commonly so when he is fighting numerous enemies.
Considered a tower-shield with a +2 bonus to AC.

Boots of Striding +4 :
Seemingly unremarkable leather boots, they grant Morfilmar a +4 bonus to his Constitution.

Bracers of Dexterity +3 :
A pair of silver bracers Morfilmar wears around his wrists, they accute his reflexes and attack-speed.
Grants him a +3 bonus to his Dexterity.

Cloth :

House Desh Piwawfi :
The piwawfi cloak granted to Morfilmar being a member of House Desh.
Made from the finest spiders-silk, it is coloured pitch-black with only some minor embroided patterns.
Grants him a +1 bonus to his AC, a +1 bonus to his Saving Throws against all Poison, as well as a +2 bonus to his Hide and Move Silently checks.

Trinkets :

Amulet of Natural Armour +3 :
A heavily enchanted silver amulet Morfilmar wears around his neck.
Grants him a +3 bonus to his AC.

House Desh Insignia :
A small emblem identifying Morfilmar as a member of House Desh.
He has attached it to his amulet and carries it with him always.
Grants him the bonus feat ; "Dash".

ATTRIBUTES

STR : 15 : +3
DEX : 25 : +7
CON : 17 : +3
INT : 14 : +2
WIS : 10 : +0
CHA : 10 : +0

SAVES

Fortitude : 14
Reflex : 14
Will : 4

SKILLS (Those he's actually got points in, and not counting armour check penalties)

Appraise : +2
Concentration : +3
Craft Alchemy : +2
Craft Armour : +2
Craft Trap : +2
Craft Weapon : +2
Hide : +9
Listen : +2
Lore : +2
Move Silently : +9
Parry : +30
Search : +4
Spot : +2
Survival : +19
Tumble : +19
Use Magic Device : +19

FEATS

General Feats :
Dash
Weapon Finesse
Two-Weapon Fighting
Two-Weapon Defense
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Improved Two-Weapon Defense
Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
Weapon Focus (Handaxe)
Weapon Specialization (Handaxe)
Greater Weapon Focus (Handaxe)
Greater Weapon Specialization (Handaxe)
Improved Critical (Handaxe)
Power Critical (Handaxe)

Proficiency Feats :
Armour Proficiency (Light)
Armour Proficiency (Medium)
Armour Proficiency (Heavy)
Shield Proficiency
Tower Shield Proficiency
Weapon Proficiency (Simple)
Weapon Proficiency (Martial)
Weapon Proficiency (Rogue)
Weapon Proficiency (Elf)

Racial Abilities :
Darkvision
Hardiness vs. Enchantments
Immunity To Sleep
Keen Sense
Light Blindness
Racial Spell (Darkness)
Racial Spell (Light)
Racial Spell (See Invisibility)
Skill Affinity (Listen)
Skill Affinity (Search)
Skill Affinity (Spot)
Spell Resistance

Class Abilities :
Barbarian Fast Movement
Barbarian Rage
Sneak Attack (+1d6)
Trapfinding
Uncanny Dodge
Evasion
Last edited by Morfilmar_Desh on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Plynn uns''aa tarthe...Sei''lor uns''aa duul''sso...
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Also...

A big hello is in order :P

Just finished registering moments ago, and this is my first post.

So yeah.

Hey guys :D

Basicaly this is the bio for a NWN2 char I currently play on "The Forgotten Realm" PW

Not sure if any of you have heard about it, but it's a serious RP realm with a pretty big player community. Steadily growing too.

Heck I'll link it for ya :D http://www.forgottenrealm.ca/

I've never ever RP'ed on a forum before like this one...So I'm pretty curious to see how'll it be.

Would you like treat the character as if he had the level, gear and stats and everything that he's got in-game? :eek: NWN2 that is.

If so I guess I should post some more detailed info.

I'm very clueless to how this works, so please any help would be totally appreciated :P

Cheers
Last edited by Morfilmar_Desh on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Excuse me whilst and copy and paste my last intro post XD

[quote="Tyrmer":1hthibpi]Well hi de hoo! Welcome to the madhouse, beware of the resident werewolf because her bite IS worse than her bark.

RPing mostly happens in the Free Form Roleplaying Forum. You can jump into, or start an FFRP just about wherever you like, and the Out Of Character parts of RPing goes in the OOC Forum. More structured RPs go in Campaigns and Stories go in Stories. The Arena is for advanced fast action RPing (not used so much). Everything else mostly happens in general discussion, please join the new Hugs Thread ("Guess What's back... Back Again...").[/quote:1hthibpi]

And we are quite happy for you to RP with your NWN2 character, I think.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Thanks mate ;)

I actually saw that thread moments after I posted my noobishness for all to see :D

You made things quite clear I have to say :))

Nice to meet ya, too *shakes hand*
Last edited by Morfilmar_Desh on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Why are you shaking your hand at me? XD

*Glomps and drags to hugs thread EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE ALREADY THERE*
Titles:

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Lol, this is a madhouse. I think I like it that way ;)
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Welcome to the jungle...we have fun and games...
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

So I'm not the only one copying and pasting *raises eyebrow*
Titles:

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

No, I always say that.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Exactly :p
Titles:

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

... uh ok

Morfilmar_Desh
Maid
Maid

Post by Morfilmar_Desh »

Hehe.