A New Person

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

A New Person

Post by Doxa'era »

I should say now that I am no noob to online roleplaying but this is the very first forum-based RPG I've decided to participate in, seeing that it's user-base is numerous. Now, I was wondering how one goes about initiating RP's, or joins them. Said RP's will affect my character's development, attitude, god/goddess, and so on.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Well hi de hoo! Welcome to the madhouse, beware of the resident werewolf because her bite IS worse than her bark.

RPing mostly happens in the Free Form Roleplaying Forum. You can jump into, or start an FFRP just about wherever you like, and the Out Of Character parts of RPing goes in the OOC Forum. More structured RPs go in Campaigns and Stories go in Stories. The Arena is for advanced fast action RPing (not used so much). Everything else mostly happens in general discussion, please join the new Hugs Thread ("Guess What's back... Back Again...").
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Sounds like fun :) Although, I have to ask something. I noticed there were many many race options when building a character, yet the site is Eilistraee.com. Is the most common race drow or do we have an incogitable number? Also, for starting out here, what should characters start with skillwise and armorment-wise?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Doxa'era":u8kqleoz]Sounds like fun :) Although, I have to ask something. I noticed there were many many race options when building a character, yet the site is Eilistraee.com. Is the most common race drow or do we have an incogitable number? Also, for starting out here, what should characters start with skillwise and armorment-wise?[/quote:u8kqleoz]

Let me see.

There clearly are many Drow here, but that clearly is not a requirement

You can be any level and have any skill set. Only thig that is expected that play is balanced. Some play is at about level 5, bringing in a level 20 would break the game. This does not mean all have to be level 5 just they should be near that (a few levels) stronger or weaker.

Many use a character generator of D&D rules, however this is not required.
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Okay, another question... Are the D&D Guidelines the best way to portray the various races, classes, etc in this game? I know some games have their own definitions of things.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Doxa'era":2fx9l3yk]Okay, another question... Are the D&D Guidelines the best way to portray the various races, classes, etc in this game? I know some games have their own definitions of things.[/quote:2fx9l3yk]

It depends on the game, however in general using FR D&D tends to make play easier. This is not required, you can use WhiteWolf or other game system to define your character, or no rule system at all. Just be aware using other 4rules might require a little extra effort to expand to players character abilities and powers.

There are no rule set imposed on you, however a common language (game system) speeds understanding. You can offer anything and do not need a game rule (from any system) to start a charater, it just helps other players to better understand a character if based on some rule set.

Clear enough?
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

Yup, thanks a bunch!
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Also the "character options" on the profile don't have to represent what you roleplay. I have roughly one character for every roleplay I've ever entered, most of them were definitely NOT off that list.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Welcome to the jungle...we have fun and games...
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Doxa'era
Maid
Maid

Post by Doxa'era »

[quote="Malek":1q6pgvtj]Welcome to the jungle...we have fun and games...[/quote:1q6pgvtj]

So I've noticed. I've seen some of the RP's and they are in a wide spectrum. I think I'll have fun here.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hi Doxa'era,

It seems that your questions have already been answered, leaving me little more than to bid you welcome.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here, but I'm sure you'll have fun. And of course if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask, we'll do our best to answer them.

Welcome again and may you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee