Malek's Bio

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Who thinks I should die for being a dual-wielding ranger?

I DO!!!
38%
It's cool with me.
63%

Total votes: 8

Malek
Champion

Malek's Bio

Post by Malek »

Well, my character info and description can be found in the old topic "I'm a noob so i have a question..." but I finally have a back story for Malek *gasp*. Here it goes:

Malek Tarynmoth is from a moon elf clan Elwesoron. He grew up with the namesake of his great-grandfather Malek Vel' Ushmaren, who escaped from the Underdark after witnessing the horrors of a raid, blah blah blah, same old stereotype. Malek has the same fighting style and talent of his great-grandfather (by the way, any references to a god-character or a ranger lvl 35 are about the drow Malek). Malek, the moon elf, was raised to follow Corellan Larethian, but as he grew older he began to explore more religions. When he chose Eilistraee as his goddess he was exiled from his clan for choosing the way of the drow. About the same time, he had a dream in which he saw Eilistraee dancing in the moonlight, but instead of the bastard sword she usually has, he saw her with with his great-grandfather's right hand sword, Snow Leopard. He left his clan on a quest to find this sword.

Malek journeyed to the ancient forest in which his clan had lived back in the days of the first Malek. On the way, he met briefly with Sabine Rahn. It was the first time he met someone who actually followed Eilistraee. After taking his leave he journeyed into the forest. In the heart, he found what he saw in his dream, Eilistraee dancing with his great-grandfather's katana. As he drew closer, the vision faded and the first Malek was standing there. He smiled and handed the katana to the younger Malek. As the young moon elf held Snow Leopard, he watched it morph from a katana to a nilarn. The drow told him that the sword was linked to the soul of whomever wielded it with the blessing of the original wielder.

Malek left the forest, entranced. When he finally became aware of his surroundings again, he was near the edge of the forest.

Well, that's it folks. Just a little info on Snow Leopard.
It's a nilarn with the pommel being that of a dragon's head with a blue diamond in it's mouth. It has strong ice enchantments to the point that it grants Malek a resistance to cold (magical or otherwise) and blasts foes with ice when struck. Sometimes, Malek can use it to let loose a 30 foot cone of cold at great expense of his own energy. That's all folks, see ya in RP

PS. Should've done all this when I first joined.
Last edited by Malek on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/artic ... _names.htm take your pick *wink*

Elf clan names are a bit harder, sometimes based on area, sometimes based on surname, often a combination of words (two or three).

Drow names/clan would be last name of the House. I however can not find a list I hoped to for House names.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":8vdirtkf]
Drow names/clan would be last name of the House. I however can not find a list I hoped to for House names.[/quote:8vdirtkf]

[color=indigo:8vdirtkf]You could always read a few drow books, ie homeland WotSQ etc. ;) [/color:8vdirtkf]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":2ua2y214][quote="Bhaern Quel":2ua2y214]
Drow names/clan would be last name of the House. I however can not find a list I hoped to for House names.[/quote:2ua2y214]

[color=indigo:2ua2y214]You could always read a few drow books, ie homeland WotSQ etc. ;) [/color:2ua2y214][/quote:2ua2y214]

Actually I have FOR2 arround her someplace, but that would take a lot of typing. Links are faster and I am sure there are more then one site out there.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Well, I got a last name finally.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:s9e44g4l]...Well?[/color:s9e44g4l]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Oh...sorry. I put it in my first post as an edit. It's Tarynmoth. No idea what it means, but it sounds cool. Same way with the name, Malek. No idea what it means, but it sounds cool.

What's WotSQ???

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:39pinvzb]WotSQ=War of the Spider Queen. A series of books guided by RA Salvatori and written by various authors about Lolth's silence. The Lady Penitent series is sort of a sequel series relative to WotSQ.[/color:39pinvzb]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Anyone know where I can find good avatars? I'm trying to find one that represents my character better...anyone know where I can find cool pics of male moon elf rangers?

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Malek":8dxemi09]Anyone know where I can find good avatars? I'm trying to find one that represents my character better...anyone know where I can find cool pics of male moon elf rangers?[/quote:8dxemi09]

The bloody things are evil, if I could give you the one imposed on me in other places I clearly would.

There clearly are gan art out there that you can find. Just not sure if any of my links are even good now and I did not search for a pale skin *wink*
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

What's evil?

Try giving me the links anyways. It can't hurt...can it?

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/mirrors/ftp.maths.tc ... s/Fantasy/

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pictures/fantasy/

*shrugs*

Images are evil and should be banned from the web *wink*
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Check out the new avatar. This'll probably have to do until I get NWN2 and figure out how to make a screenshot of my character.

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

(Oh, forgot to mention.)

Malek journeyed to the ancient forest in which his clan had lived back in the days of the first Malek. On the way, he met briefly with Sabine Rahn. It was the first time he met someone who actually followed Eilistraee. After taking his leave he journeyed into the forest. In the heart, he found what he saw in his dream, Eilistraee dancing with his great-grandfather's katana. As he drew closer, the vision faded and the first Malek was standing there. He smiled and handed the katana to the younger Malek. As the young moon elf held Snow Leopard, he watched it morph from a katana to a nilarn. The drow told him that the sword was linked to the soul of whomever wielded it with the blessing of the original wielder.

Malek left the forest, entranced. When he finally became aware of his surroundings again, he was near the edge of the forest.

Well, that's it folks. Just a little info on Snow Leopard.
It's a nilarn with the pommel being that of a dragon's head with a blue diamond in it's mouth. It has strong ice enchantments to the point that it grants Malek a resistance to cold (magical or otherwise) and blasts foes with ice when struck. Sometimes, Malek can use it to let loose a 30 foot cone of cold at great expense of his own energy. That's all folks, see ya in RP

PS. Should've done all this when I first joined.

Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

wasn't that first malek a CR 75 dude i remember alex telling me about that mistake.