new to regular rp

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Malek":2geepl5h]Great, we're playing with a Jarlaxle knock-off.[/quote:2geepl5h]

:devil: :devil: :devil:

[color=indigo:2geepl5h]Apprentice, actually. I [i:2geepl5h]did[/i:2geepl5h] say D'aerth.[/color:2geepl5h]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Ph33r3 teh giga-mushroom.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

??? What the hell does D'aerth mean???
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:37yxe51m]D'aerth is the sirname of the mercenary band that Jarlaxle created (Bregan D'aerth). It is also the name that Jarlaxle himself goes by, despite the fact that he is (or was, now that she's dead) Yvonnel Baenre's third son.[/color:37yxe51m]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Oh yeah, now I remember. Thanks. It's been a long time since I cared about the Drizzt series.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1awsjdfw]We're waiting for Bhaern and mortath, right?[/color:1awsjdfw]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":25ij5vkd][color=indigo:25ij5vkd]We're waiting for Bhaern and mortath, right?[/color:25ij5vkd][/quote:25ij5vkd]

Err I am here, we are waiting on one.

While at times it does make sense to not wait and continue the story with some players, the OP does deserve more consideration because of setting the theme.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I'm just waiting for something. Anything that I can work off of.

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1oo22kva]I'm sick of ffrp threads that just die and have no ending......[/color:1oo22kva]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1ni69a2a][color=indigo:1ni69a2a]I'm sick of ffrp threads that just die and have no ending......[/color:1ni69a2a][/quote:1ni69a2a]

Well I can end all of them, as long as I have the Green Suit. Of course if I intervien too much I will be Blue again, if not banned by the High Priestress from even being here.

Never Ending stories that do not move cleary is a problem for me. A nice solution for all of them would be nice. It also needs to be fair.

Perhaps we could work with a 2008 rule, enter RP after that (and all existong RP) require a post at least once a week.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1jegd8p6]I meant a story end, not killing it by moderator locking or deletion. You know, like "and they all lived happily ever after...." Except not so trite. :p [/color:1jegd8p6]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1z0fn3ju][color=indigo:1z0fn3ju]I meant a story end, not killing it by moderator locking or deletion. You know, like "and they all lived happily ever after...." Except not so trite. :p [/color:1z0fn3ju][/quote:1z0fn3ju]

I understand what you meant, just it is hard for me or anyone else to bring all to an ending, or even a pause.

There are some threads, Tembles that I offered that were open ending., there are others that the OP had a goal in place.

None of these can be completed if needed players are gone.
We as a group can write about a minor player, it becomes very hard to write about a major player.

The
OP tends to be a major player, the one that sets the goal.

Other players can become major players by interaction.

How to decide which is Major as opposed to Minnor depends a lot on interaction of characters.

I never want too list any as Minnor, but at times some charaters do take a secondary role.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Oh for the good old days of Wildwood *weeps*
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D