I'm a noob so i have a question...

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

I'm a noob so i have a question...

Post by Malek »

Well, I was just looking for info on Eilistraee and I got linked to this site. I signed up and now I have a question.

1. Do I have to have a Neverwinter Nights character to join or roleplay on this forum?
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Hi, Marek, and welcome to the Chosen of Eilistraee! You should make a post in the General Board introducing yourself so we can all give you a proper welcome to our troops, lol :lol:

Well, as far as I know you can play in this forum the character you want, be it Neverwinter nights, D&D, Forgotten Realms... whatever. Personally I play here my D&D and Forgotten Characters, the ones I used to play in a table with pen and paper when I played with my friends, so you can play that character you want.

There are some of us that have also created their own races, like Nedylene once did, so feel free to join the game you like with any character you want, just watch the rules of the board and have fun :)

And if you need anything or have any question just ask. We'll help you if we know what you're talking about :lol:

There are many ways to play here. One of them is the Freeform roleplaying board, where you can play in (almost) any game and there's no DM, no dice rolling. You decide what, how and when you make something; there's the Campaign Board, where you have a DM and they're official campaigns at the Chosen; there's also the Arena and I don't know where else you can play here, because as I have very little time to post I don't rummage much in the boards where I have no posts.

Well, I hope I didn't bore you (much).

Hugs,
Sabaal.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Thanks, Sabaal...

I didn't even notice the general board (go me). Oh, by the way... it's Malek...with an "L"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: I'm a noob so i have a question...

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Malek":mcwrlc6o]Well, I was just looking for info on Eilistraee and I got linked to this site. I signed up and now I have a question.

1. Do I have to have a Neverwinter Nights character to join or roleplay on this forum?[/quote:mcwrlc6o]

Welcome.
No you do not have to have a NWN character.
You do not even have to understand D&D to make a character, though that can be harder for others to interact with your character.

Free Form/Flow has basic guidelines but not restictions as to what you play, other sections do have more involved rules as to what you can and should post.

Campaign is invitational and the OP gets to decide who can play and what charater(s) and power level can play.

Stories are for solos, or story of your charater, not really Role Play.

Arena is FF, but also designed as training and intended to be short testing of skills.

May you find all that you seek here.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Seems Sabaar ;) and Bhaern covered it quite nicely.

Though if you've got any more questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Malek":efi98hx4]Thanks, Sabaal...

I didn't even notice the general board (go me). Oh, by the way... it's Malek...with an "L"[/quote:efi98hx4]

OOOHHH!!! SO SORRY!!! :-[

*mutters* Malek, Malek, Malek... *many times to remember in the future* It won't happen again :p
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":gvmb1irs]Seems Sabaar ;) and Bhaern covered it quite nicely.

Though if you've got any more questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:gvmb1irs]

I have one. So er "Why is the sky blue? Are all politicians dimbulbs or can I base my opinion on GW Bush? Also, will rpgers dimwittedly purhcase 4th edition like it's goin out of style, or be sensible(not likely where 4th edition is concerned-new editions bring out *(&*()&)&&&)(&) Dimbulbs!!! K nuf said, buh-bye!
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

[quote:3ppkuh8e]OOOHHH!!! SO SORRY!!! Embarassed

*mutters* Malek, Malek, Malek... *many times to remember in the future* It won't happen again [/quote:3ppkuh8e]

It's cool. I might be a little touchy about my name in the first place. Which can be explained later when I post my character profile...preferably when I didn't just get off work and want to go to bed.

Usstan orn kyorl dos mufo,
Malek
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Tarlyn":9xxpnv1m]I have one. So er "Why is the sky blue? Are all politicians dimbulbs or can I base my opinion on GW Bush? Also, will rpgers dimwittedly purhcase 4th edition like it's goin out of style, or be sensible(not likely where 4th edition is concerned-new editions bring out *(&*()&)&&&)(&) Dimbulbs!!! K nuf said, buh-bye![/quote:9xxpnv1m]
Very good... it seems you've got that asking questions thing down pat. (Hey, I never said I'd answer them ;))

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

I'm posting my character info now. This could take a while, so be patient.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Ok. Here's my character (finally).

Note: Everything I'm about to post is directly off my character sheet. I am making nothing up.

Another Note: Let me know if you think more people will notice my profile if I make a new thread.

[b:b92g9drk]Character Name[/b:b92g9drk]: Malek Tarynmoth
[b:b92g9drk]Class and Level[/b:b92g9drk]: Elite Ranger* Lvl. 11
[b:b92g9drk]ECL[/b:b92g9drk]: 11
[b:b92g9drk]Race[/b:b92g9drk]: Moon Elf****
[b:b92g9drk]Size[/b:b92g9drk]: Medium
[b:b92g9drk]Gender[/b:b92g9drk]: Male
[b:b92g9drk]Alignment[/b:b92g9drk]: Chaotic Good
[b:b92g9drk]Religion[/b:b92g9drk]: Eilistraee
[b:b92g9drk]Height[/b:b92g9drk]: 5'8"
[b:b92g9drk]Weight[/b:b92g9drk]: 100**
[b:b92g9drk]Looks[/b:b92g9drk]: You see what might be mistaken as a stereotypical moon elf, but you realize there are some differences. Shock white hair reaching down to his shoulder blades suggest some drow blood a few generations back. Also, while most surface dwelling elves prefer rich, bright colors, he wears an assortment of muted greys, browns, greens, and black; enough to provide camouflage in a natural setting but also dark enough to look like he is wearing a full outfit of black. If he pulled back his Dragonscale Cloak you would notice what look like scimitars (but are slightly different), a long dagger on the small of his back, and a bow and quiver. Closer inspection would reveal that he wears an exceptionally light suit of armor underneath his clothes. Drawing up closer, you would see two more things (not counting hidden throwing daggers): deep blue eyes, and a silver medallion of a drow woman dancing nude in the moonlight.
[b:b92g9drk]Ability Scores[/b:b92g9drk]
[u:b92g9drk]Strength[/u:b92g9drk]: 21 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +5
[u:b92g9drk]Dexterity[/u:b92g9drk]: 22 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +6
[u:b92g9drk]Constitution[/u:b92g9drk]: 17 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +3
[u:b92g9drk]Intelligence[/u:b92g9drk]: 15 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +2
[u:b92g9drk]Wisdom[/u:b92g9drk]: 16 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +3
[u:b92g9drk]Charisma[/u:b92g9drk]: 16 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +3
[u:b92g9drk]Appearance[/u:b92g9drk]: 18 [u:b92g9drk]Mod[/u:b92g9drk]: +4
[b:b92g9drk]Base Attack Bonus[/b:b92g9drk]: +11/+6/+1
[b:b92g9drk]Combat Options[/b:b92g9drk]
[u:b92g9drk]Right Hand[/u:b92g9drk]: Snow Leopard*** +5 nilarn of keen, speed, icy blast. (see notes below for weapon explanation and statistics)
[u:b92g9drk]Left Hand[/u:b92g9drk]: +3 Nilarn*** of keen, speed, vorpal.
[u:b92g9drk]Long Range[/u:b92g9drk]: Masterwork Composite Longbow. +3 draw.
[u:b92g9drk]Other[/u:b92g9drk]: 3 daggers.
[b:b92g9drk]Speed[/b:b92g9drk]: 50 ft.
[b:b92g9drk]Initiative Mod[/b:b92g9drk]: +7
[b:b92g9drk]Grapple Mod[/b:b92g9drk]: +17/+12/+7
[b:b92g9drk]Saving Throws[/b:b92g9drk]:
[u:b92g9drk]Fortitude[/u:b92g9drk]: +14
[u:b92g9drk]Reflex[/u:b92g9drk]: +13
[u:b92g9drk]Will[/u:b92g9drk]: +6
[b:b92g9drk]Armor Class[/b:b92g9drk]: 29
[u:b92g9drk]Touch AC[/u:b92g9drk]: 19
[u:b92g9drk]Flat-Footed AC[/u:b92g9drk]: 23
[b:b92g9drk]Armor Worn[/b:b92g9drk]:
Celestial Chainmail: +3 Suit of Chainmail. Fly once per day. Max Dex +8. ACP -2. Weight 20
Dragonscale Cloak: A cloak made of dragonscales. Adds +2 to AC. The wearer can, at will, command the cloak to grow dragon wings that allow him to fly.
[b:b92g9drk]Feats, Class Features, Racial Traits[/b:b92g9drk]:
Darkvision/Infravision (racial trait)
Track (class feature)
Skirmish (class feature): +3d6 damage, +3 AC if you move 5 feat before and after attacking
Trapfinding (class feature)
Wild Empathy (class feature)
Two Weapon Fighting (class feature)
Improved Two Weapon Fighting (class feature)
Greater Two Weapon Fighting (class feature)
Uncanny Dodge (class feature)
Battle Fortitude (class feature)
Endurance (class feature)
Trackless Step (class feature)
Evasion (class feature)
Camouflage (class feature)
Weapon Finesse-Nilarn (feat)
Oversize Two Weapon Fighting (feat)
Two Weapon Defense (bonus feat)
Quick Draw (feat)
Combat Intuition (bonus feat)
Blindsense 30 ft (class feature)
[b:b92g9drk]Languages Spoken[/b:b92g9drk]:
Common, Elven, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon, Sylvan, Draconic, Celestial, Giant

Whew! That was quite a bit. I'm too lazy to post my skills right now. I'll inform people of those as needed.

Also, there are a few things up there you probably didn't recognize. That's why I put asterisks next to them. Here are the explanatory notes.

*Elite Ranger is a custom class I made by taking away the Ranger Animal companion capability as well as his spells (except for healing spells), and replacing them with the Scout's class features. This class profile can be found in the Complete Adventurer's Handbook.

**I have no idea what an elf is supposed to weigh. So I wrote 100 and am saying that Malek is of average weight, but muscular and athletic. Not Arnold Schwarzenegger muscles, but healthy muscles.

***Yeah. A nilarn is a weapon that I made up. In my opinion rapiers and scimitars suck, and I hate longswords. Katanas are what I had before, but then something cool happened. Two or three months ago, I had a dream in which a certain sword played a prominent role. This sword seemed to be a cross between a scimitar and a katana. When I woke up I knew what kind of weapon was for me (IRL) and for fun I tried to give it to my D&D character. Here's what I came up with:

Nilarn: Damage 1d8. Critical range: 18-20/x2. Wieght: 4lbs. Class: Exotic one handed weapon. Type: slashing. Size: Light.

The nilarn is an ancient elven sword (the elvish equivalent to a katana). The word itself means sword. It is a longer and lighter version of the scimitar. Since it is an elvish traditional weapon, it is treated as a martial weapon for elves. For other races it is an exotic weapon.

Snow Leopard is as follows: It's a nilarn with the pommel being that of a dragon's head with a blue diamond in it's mouth. It has strong ice enchantments to the point that it grants Malek a resistance to cold (magical or otherwise) and blasts foes with ice when struck. Sometimes, Malek can use it to let loose a 30 foot cone of cold at great expense of his own energy.

****Yes. I did change my race. I won't write a dissertation. Just know that after reviewing more information on the Forgotten Realms elven subraces I deemed that Moon Elf fit my vision of Malek better than that of Sun Elf.

Final Note: Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or problems with my character.
Last edited by Malek on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Oh my, how rare it is to have a sun elf in our midst. :D
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

How interesting..I'm sure he will be a fine character...Even for a sun elf. Heh.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Sun elves are the Forgotten Realms equivalent of high elves, right?

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Malek":2zhd8j54]Sun elves are the Forgotten Realms equivalent of high elves, right?[/quote:2zhd8j54]

Yes they are, sometimes called Gold Elves as well.

Just because a Gold Elf betrayed Evenmeet to Lolthian Drow and another assasination the Silver Elf King of Evermeet does not mean they are bad people *wink*