A Friendly duel, OOC

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Indeed, but that was not two vs one. It is between two people or three? Though I don't believe that is why you are resisting to post.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Umm So what do we do now? I need to know because either I will move my mind to other things, or begin to fight anew with the old man. Quel...Im waiting my dearest.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Zelena Nichole":5degkj5u] Though I don't believe that is why you are resisting to post.[/quote:5degkj5u]

I did post more then one reason, I did not signup to combat Eilistraee, I signed up to fight a half-drow. I am uncomfortable with the increasing level of magic you are using and doing imposible things because Eilistraee wants your character to win.

There also was some meta-gaming knowing thoughts that your character should not know.

Also it appears that you are playing an unhitable character.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Lmao. My character is no where near powerful. Being how one studies to know knowledge. If a simple spell shield is too much than I suggest you settle down dear, and let the old man fight. If you simply dispell the shield it would be gone. And if you can prove the meta gaming, I will give you the win. A simple spell sword and me knowing how to contend with it does not prove meta gaming. Now again, post or leave.

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

For the sake of Arguing, because I have no interesting in doing that over a site, I left the fight, to you and the old man. Enjoy.

"May Eilistraee walk with you in your journeys. "

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":ldmwl9n2]Silverstrike stands directly before you, holding itself in a guard position, to perhaps parry then strike back when you attack.

After the Ballard ends the male speaks.

"Zelena is a nice name, for this day I am Brenner at your service I am sorry to hear of your loss, but perhaps i have killed enough of them to advenge your family even if you have not yet."

Eyes study the shield, a rare item to be carried by a follower of the Dark Maiden, the weight of a normal shield interfers with the dance of battle. Though perhaps this shield had no weight. Having picked his spot waits for you to advace to him.

"Come to me Zelena and I might give you a kiss on the cheek if you are lucky"

The new blade in his hand does appear to be rune inspribed or very ornate decortive sword. This one has not visable signs of being magical.[/quote:ldmwl9n2]

[quote="Zelena Nichole":ldmwl9n2]A smile touched the lips of Zelena as it was true. The substance that forged the shield together was equal to that of armored steel but because of the magic that infused the shield together, it was light weighted. Zelena could move as fast as she could before, but this time she would have defense. She moved forward, her left magical kite shield held before her. It's width was that of three feet across, but as the edge of the shield moved downwards it slowly shaped to a point. Smiling, the magical shield was an item above that of rare. She could change the weight of the shield at will. It was a gift, a magical lore left behind by her mother.

Her eyes then turned emotion as they held a serious look. " Though I respect your skills, but my parents will never be avenged by another. I do thank you however. Only I shall avenge that of my parents."

Her form then slowly moved forward as her eyes gazed upon the magical rapier. This move was indeed a move that she very well knew of. A mage long ago, one of the Lloth's servants, used to use the same technique in battle. Indeed the Rapier was a very powerful tool against a melee opponent, but against an accomplished Priestress who dabbled in sorceress skills? One would wonder what this man thought he was playing with. She bursted forward allowing her shield to to be held up in front of her. Whispering a quick incantation, the body of Zelena split into four images, then her true body faded as the remaining images began to encircle the rapier. Using her knowledge of wisdom and magic, she phased her body into another location, a more advantaged spot. she appeared a foot behind the man and thrust ed her shield forward, allowing the magical shield to gain weight and thus attempting to use it to batter down her opponent with an Eilistraee smite. Allowing her mind to focus, she held a few more magical tricks up her sleeve, as her blade, still infused with the wind, only shimmered in the background of the fight, as she did not want to use it.[/quote:ldmwl9n2]

Main points concerning meta-gaming are.

"Eyes study the shield, a rare item to be carried by a follower of the Dark Maiden, the weight of a normal shield interfers with the dance of battle. Though perhaps this shield had no weight. Having picked his spot waits for you to advace to him." (A thought)

"A smile touched the lips of Zelena as it was true. The substance that forged the shield together was equal to that of armored steel but because of the magic that infused the shield together," (A reply to a thought)

This of couse does not address my other concerns about"

"The shield, a complex spell that only Eilistraee's power was strong enough to keep the shield in place and strong. Only through Eilistraee's death would the shield completely cease to exist. "

OK I started writing this post before you resigned, Arena is a training area to pratice omline free flow combat, it should be a teaching tool of what one that is fair and fun for both players.

It became not fun for me a long time ago when slight magic became powerful magic, oh I could have matched it and a simple comtest could have become an Epic one (Just not one I signed on for).

Note to Elrohir: "sheild had been stomped into the ground" is not aceptible in FreeFlow play either, posting sucess of an attack is not permitted, best you could do is post hoped effect. The shield might have held your weight without being effected, after all Eilistraee is a deity and if shield exists at her will very few mortals can realy harm it.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

So, and though I'm not trying to argue with you....what you are saying, does make sense, but then it doesn't. It was my spell, to note dear one, and of course, you labeled my own spell, with your writing knowledge. I did not respond from what I took off your "thoughts" I merely stately what the substance of the shield is, being how I forgot to do it in the post when I summoned it. If you want I could put it in the same post that I did when I created the shield, I merely forgot and put it's substance in...

And perhaps you think just because I said in Eilistraee death will the shield die that I'm using a "god" like power....which isn't true, but what is true is...Once she is dead, If she dies, I cannot summon the shield because she will not grant me my clerical powers...Which means I couldn't resurrect other priestesses nor any other magical means. All that meant, is if you destroyed it, I could resurrect another in it's place, of course the power of it will be weakened each time it was destroyed.

Now if you want that to be valid substance in your evidence there are other points to, I could clearly state that you did the same thing, when I noticed your silverstrike, and how I identified it as a simple sword spell, and then in the next post you adjusted it saying the sword, was merely a tool that can move where no other blade handler could move. I could always pose that as a defense of your own little "moves." But for sake of argument, I am not. It is not that serious, if you could not find a way to block the oncoming shield, then thank the old man for stomping it. Next time, Just ask.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*sighs, bands head into keyboard (it is softer then the desk, but not much)*

I edited no posts, SilverStrike was a dancing Sword when I first used it. The attack from the rear only occured because your character portaled, phased, teleported or otherwise translocated by magic.

The dancing shield I could have dealt with much the same you did with my dancing sword, however I stated in the prior post you complain about that SilverStrike was a dancing sword. The introduction clearly stated the blade flew toward you as it was introduced, the first name exchanged.

As for forgeting to describe a property of an item in first post of the shield that would be your error. It could have been fixed in OOC as oposed to how it appears and appeared to me. That your character was reacting to my character thoughts. Even if the OOC thread did not exist yet, limited notes in RP are considered acceptible.

Here when one wants to make a minor OOC notation the format most common is;

OOC: text to explain something.

IC: text to repersent what is said and done by the character.

Other sites for different customs to understand what is OOC and what is IC.

I can only go by what I read and what I type. Sometimes I can misread things and sometimes I can mistype things, however I do not believe this is the case.

BTW how did you turn an Elven sword into a rapier from what I typed?
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Well first funny how you did not say anything ooc, on it until now....when the odds are no longer in your favor? Whining about that when we were more than a few posts further into the fight, does not really constitute it as my fault. I did forget to mention the attributes of the spell, but that happens. And I'm sorry bout that...I guess we could say it's one for one, as you didn't understand what my kite shield looked like. We all have faults.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I had hoped it would not go to this extent OOC and somethings not mentioned at all.

We both can appeal to the High Priestess as to what has occured between us.

I have not touched any of your posts so my record is clean (though on review I would like to clean up some typos of mine at a later date if matter is resolved), if you do no edits from this time forward your record is fairly clean, The major Edit was dealing with SilverStrike.

*sighs*

Hey maybe you will get lucky and I will no longer be green. *shrugs*
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Id like to bring to a point my attack againts the sheild the sheild is moveing and i am leaping atop it with a dispelling touch. seeing as how a sheild technically used as a weapon in its turn was not being used for an ac. would have only an ac of 10 plus magical enhancement and since its made of magic we can negate hardness. as well as the fact that i am useing dispelling touch. the fact of me simply landing on it is no hard feet as it was in flight and the path and direction and speed were not changed. and useing a touch attack upon a now inanimate object is just as well as useing the sunder feat. As for the sheild not being stomped into the ground i am sure the lass zelana would have said something quickly and soon about that fact and then things would have been changed.

What it all boils down to me in my eyes is that you havent found a way to defeat the few posts that were made and are trying to pull technical terms down upon others. if so then sure fine what ever ill just simply leave as well or would ask the lady zelana if she would wish to battle me instead. (yes that would be an informal request if the lady would like to battle me and my monk.)
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Elrohir":1qzohfhd]Id like to bring to a point my attack againts the sheild the sheild is moveing and i am leaping atop it with a dispelling touch. seeing as how a sheild technically used as a weapon in its turn was not being used for an ac. would have only an ac of 10 plus magical enhancement and since its made of magic we can negate hardness. as well as the fact that i am useing dispelling touch. the fact of me simply landing on it is no hard feet as it was in flight and the path and direction and speed were not changed. and useing a touch attack upon a now inanimate object is just as well as useing the sunder feat. As for the sheild not being stomped into the ground i am sure the lass zelana would have said something quickly and soon about that fact and then things would have been changed.

What it all boils down to me in my eyes is that you havent found a way to defeat the few posts that were made and are trying to pull technical terms down upon others. if so then sure fine what ever ill just simply leave as well or would ask the lady zelana if she would wish to battle me instead. (yes that would be an informal request if the lady would like to battle me and my monk.)[/quote:1qzohfhd]

*shrugs* You can report me as well to the High Piestress.

Dealing with the shield clearly not a problem, dealing with the post that the Lady crouched down to allow the shield approching, but used her body to hide the sheild approching was a cimetatic flaw. One should not be able to do both. There again a blind person should not be able to jump ontop of a moving sheild and declare sucess. The combat is over unless there are revisions made by the both of you in my opinion. In my opinion the pratice of a low level spell combat was violated a some time ago, which was the matric the OP had set.

Dealing with the shield perhaps my character could have sundered it with the rune covered sword, the second sword my character used in the combat. There are many other actions I could have taken including asking Eilistraee to take it away because it was attacking one of her followers.

As for "lady zelana" and you both are welcome to play if you wish. I have touched niether of your posts.