Kaelen's bio

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arathen
Maid
Maid

Kaelen's bio

Post by Arathen »

Name: Kaelen Selunel
Race: Moon Elf
Height: 6ft
Weight: 152lbs
Skin: Pale, almost ivory with a light blue tinge at the tips of his ears and his fingertips.
Eyes: Blue flecked with gold
Hair: Blue-black w/ the very tips dyed silver

Appearance: Tall and slender, like most of his kind, Kaelen has a toned physique that comes from years upon years of training. Typically, his hair is kept long, falling to just past his shoulders and left loose, and his preferred garb is a simple blue tunic with his shirt of mithral chain beneath, black breeches and soft, elven-made boots. He wields a finely crafted longsword, the Selunel family blade, and often wears a dark cloak to better melt into the shadows if need be. He has an almost otherworldly quality to his appearance, largely due to having spent the majority of his years on the island of Evermeet.

Bio: Born in Evermeet, in the year 1251 DR, Kaelen's father died while he was still just a child, and he never knew his mother. Raised by his grandfather, he grew up on tale's of his father's heroic deeds, and longed to become a Bladesinger just like him. When he neared the proper age to begin training, his grandfather began instructing him personally, teaching him ancient techniques that were not normally part of a Bladesinger's training. It was later that his grandfather told him the thruth, telling him the history of the Duskblades, a lost branch of Bladesingers that had been thought lost...their Art associated with the evils of the Vyshaanti empire during the Crown Wars. Though shocked, Kaelen continued his training until his grandfather's death during the attack on Evermeet by Kymil Nimesin in 1371 DR.
Three years later, Kaelen eagerly volunteered for Seiveril Miritar's Crusade, and fought valiantly against the Daemonfey, masking his style by incorporating the dance-like fighting of a Bladesinger. When the Crusade followed the Fey'ri to Cormanthor, Kaelen continued to fight, though he became separated from the elven army during the latter portion of the campaign when the scouting party he was part of was attacked by devils, and almost slaughtered completely. He managed to escape, but became lost in the vast depths of Cormanthor, where he eventually ran afoul of a group of Vhaeraunite drow. They overwhelmed him, and he ended up taking a poisoned bolt in the arm, slowly dying while the Vhaeraunites moved in for the kill. In the last moment, another group of drow appeared, fighting off the Vhaeraunites and taking the delirious, dying moon elf back to their camp.
Awaking in a strange place surrounded by drow, naturally, alarmed the young elf, but he was too weak to try and fight, and still delirious from the poison. Somehow, though, he managed to flee, stumbling weakly through the trees and losing himself even more, the world seeming to spin around him. It was in the midst of the forest, in a clearing illuminated by the light of the moon, that he encountered something incredible...a sighting of the Dark Maiden herself, dancing, drenched in silvery light.
He returned to the camp the next morning, the poison gone from his system, and thanked the drow, priestesses and followers of Eilistraee, for rescuing him...and pledged himself to the Dark Maiden, staying with the drow for a time and even picking up some of their language before news of the Crusade's victory drew him back toward his own people...

(phew, that was long...heh. I plan on writing a short story to flesh that last bit out, so...look forward to it ;) )
Last edited by Arathen on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I’m always a bit hesitant of stories, particularly background stories, which involve direct appearances of deities. Until than the background seemed quite decent and definitely a slightly different approach to how someone came to be a follower of the goddess (interesting to see how non-drow come to her :) ).

Then again, if you hear Shir’le tell her own background story it, too, includes the appearance and even personal involvement of Eilistraee. Though that’s not really the truth of it as it isn’t the goddess but one of her priestesses who got involved with her (and Shir’le, not knowing for certain either way, just likes to fancy thinking it was the goddess even though she probably knows better in her heart). Maybe it’s something along the same lines for Kaelen? Might be a bit more difficult to explain though, considering that he would see and likely meet the priestess he thought was the goddess among the followers.

Anyway, sorry to make so much of that. The background seems quite nice altogether. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Heh, who knows, really...though it's stated, in several places, that the Dark Maiden does enjoy making appearances. More than likely, it was some sort of delirium-inspired vision...from the Goddess? Perhaps...who can say, really. He thinks he saw her, and that's good enough for him ^_^

The way i see it, though, it was more of a vision than anything else...he was probably passed out on the forest floor, seeing as he was weak and still recovering from the poison. Still, many claim to see and even converse with gods in their dreams, and visions are another thing the Dark Maiden is known for.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

You have a great bio so far. Wow, hes tall, and the silver-tipped hair is interesting. I guess it marks him as an Eilistraeen. :D
Otherwordly... perhaps from the feat? ;)
It seems you've made use of the Duskblade and Vyshaanti empire info from the Wizards site. I'm glad someone is using it, it makes for an intriguing storyline.
Its kinda sad his relatives have all passed on though. But it does free up time for adventuring, hehe.
I haven't read the series about the DaemonFey invading Cormanthor yet, I'll have to.
I'm looking forward to the story, and nice avatar by the way. :)
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Yup, Otherworldly as the feat, which also figures into the backstory in pieces here and there...when he gets attacked by the Vhaeraunites, for instance, he can see them...he's never been in total darkness, though, so he's not exactly aware yet that he has Darkvision. And yeah, he dyed the tips of his hair silver as sort of a tribute to Eilistraee. I made use of the duskblade backstory because it was very well done and integrated them into the FR world incredibly well...and it also gives him a link to the drow he spends time with, since, if any found out about his training he'd be marked as just as evil as a Lolthite drow, when in fact he's not. Though, admittedly it's not as much of a problem as being drow is, since no one can tell what he is just by looking at his skin color.

Also...heh, yeah, he's tall...but, it does mention in the FRCS that elves are human height, and I do tend to play tall character. As for the series with the Daemonfey, you really should check it out. Richard Baker is one of my absolute favorite authors in Forgotten Realms, and when a novel series involves an end to the elven Retreat, then it definitely catches my attention.

Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Oh, I have a character (no, not Lilac) that all her life had the feeling that her deity was always with her and she's not a cleric. Her deity has even appeared to her and talked to her. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. Also Argos sees and talks to her deity from time to time and she advices her, but the final decision is only hers.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Heh. Well, Kaelen [i:2hrz5bxi]will[/i:2hrz5bxi] be a cleric, eventually...just not sure exactly when.

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

[quote:1g6j60uw]Heh. Well, Kaelen will be a cleric, eventually...just not sure exactly when.[/quote:1g6j60uw]

Ooo, cleric/duskblade? or cleric/wizard/fighter? ...bladesinger? XD
Hmmm. All the possibilities. :)
Though when it comes to stats, you may need to watch for xp multi-classing penalties. Which is why Neyin was bard lv.2 when he picked up his first level of cleric. (Darn those favored classes! lol)
I can't help but be amused at the changedance aspect of it though....
*snicker* It'll be quite an experience I do believe, especially if you rp much here or elsewhere. ;)
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Heh. with the actual campaign character, it'll be duskblade/cleric. He just calls himself a Bladesinger to keep people from trying to kill him outright >_>

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Ok, I think its finished. If you'd like anything else added, feel free to tell me.
Here it is, the changedanced form of Kaelen. :)
[url:2rdfue8j]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60704179/[/url:2rdfue8j]
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

oh, wow. That's really great. Thanks ^_^

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="DarkSongKnight":16h7po4r]Ok, I think its finished. If you'd like anything else added, feel free to tell me.
Here it is, the changedanced form of Kaelen. :)
[url:16h7po4r]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60704179/[/url:16h7po4r][/quote:16h7po4r]
ooh, very nice. I like the outfit and the hair, and her face is quite nice as well. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Hehe. I wanted to wait until I hit level 3 to do this, but...here we go, changedanced Kaelen. :D

Edit: Even if his 3rd class as cleric (which I do intend on RPing out) isn't showing up, heh.

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Oh wow, it really looks nice on here. Yay!
Now if only I could get mine to look that clear.....

[quote:1l6m6zmf]Even if his 3rd class as cleric (which I do intend on RPing out) isn't showing up, heh.[/quote:1l6m6zmf]

Hmm... you could ask a certain high priestess to add the Duskblade as an option in classes... *hides* :tear:
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Hehe...I should, though I think the class choices were meant more to reflect NWN and NWN2, and neither has the Duskblade class as an option.