Character info

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Character info

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Hello everyone, its been a while since I last posted. Things get so busy sometimes. :roll:

Anyway, decided I'd put some information up about my character that I play.
I also drew a pic. [url:1l4mnoem]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60467137/[/url:1l4mnoem]

[b:1l4mnoem]Age[/b:1l4mnoem] 109 yrs [b:1l4mnoem]Height[/b:1l4mnoem] 5 ft. [b:1l4mnoem]Eye[/b:1l4mnoem] Blue [b:1l4mnoem]Hair[/b:1l4mnoem] Silver
[b:1l4mnoem]Appearance[/b:1l4mnoem]
Neyinssin is an attractive drow male of average height with a slender and graceful build. He has silver hair, and deep blue eyes. He is usually seen wearing a mithral chain shirt with a cloak and pair of boots, both of which are a soft silvery-grey. At other times he goes about unclad in honor of his goddess. At all times a silver holy symbol of Eilistraee is somewhere on his person (usually on a mithral chain hanging around his neck), and he wields a silver longsword. His favored musical instruments are a small silver caveharp, and a hunting horn.
[b:1l4mnoem]Personality[/b:1l4mnoem]
Neyinssin is considered to be whimsical and moody by those who don't know him well. Although he is usually quiet, he has a wild spirit, despising those who try to place restrictions on him and others. He has strong convictions in his beliefs and faith to Eilistraee, and he champions the cause of good in the world. He is a talented negotiator, often being called upon to "convert" evil drow to the worship of the Dark Maiden. Neyinssin has several allies among the followers of Vhaeraun who knew him in his youth, and whom more than a few know they can count on him not to betray them in times of need.
Though he is not particularly skilled in battle, he does so in the name of his goddess and to protect those who are unable to defend themselves. Unlike others of his faith, however, he refuses to kill another drow under any circumstance. Instead, he tries to persuade and convert those evil drow he encounters, and is thus following the ways of the Silverhair Knights. He also has moments filled with regret and sorrow for the pain and evil of the majority of the drow race. He spends many lonely nights dancing in misty forest glades, singing songs of melancholic beauty.

So... any thoughts? :)
Last edited by DarkSongKnight on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Nice picture... quite a hunk (for a young guy... if only Shir'le was a few decades younger ;)).

Like the description too.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Thanks. :D
Yeah, he is kinda young... I've been thinking about changing that.
I tried figuring a human's years into an elven lifespan... not so successful. Maybe 5-6 elven years is the equivalent of 1 human year?
Anyways, hes basically the equivalent of an 18 yr old. :)
Just wasn't sure if the 110 starting age for an elf was the equivalent of 18, or 21.

[EDIT] Just uploaded another pic of Neyin, dancing. Nudity warning.
[url:ejdj23ii]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60528336/[/url:ejdj23ii]
Last edited by DarkSongKnight on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="DarkSongKnight":1yrswdu4]Anyways, hes basically the equivalent of an 18 yr old. :)[/quote:1yrswdu4]
That [i:1yrswdu4]is[/i:1yrswdu4] young. ;)

Nothing wrong with that though. Quite the contrary.

[quote="DarkSongKnight":1yrswdu4][EDIT] Just uploaded another pic of Neyin, dancing. Nudity warning. [url:1yrswdu4]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60528336/[/url:1yrswdu4][/quote:1yrswdu4]
Oooh, very nice indeed. And yummie. :D

I think I'm starting to understand the whole changedance thing better... it isn't to show men what it's like to be women, it's to protect them from being jumped on by the female clergy. :tear:

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Very nice. I doodled a picture of Kaelen, recently, so I might just upload it soon.

With the age, I think 110 is about 18, since 110 is when they're considered adults, and when they reach physical maturity...though, that's for surface elves. In most of the books, Drow age faster than their surface kin, reaching true adulthood at about 80 or so.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

[quote:tkqt0cs3]I doodled a picture of Kaelen, recently, so I might just upload it soon.[/quote:tkqt0cs3]

I'd love to see the picture. Did you perhaps design your avatar too? I've been trying to save up enough $ to buy a tablet and photoshop....but for now I'm limited to traditional mediums. Which makes me frustrated; digital work looks so much better.

[quote:tkqt0cs3]I think I'm starting to understand the whole changedance thing better... it isn't to show men what it's like to be women, it's to protect them from being jumped on by the female clergy.[/quote:tkqt0cs3]

Yeah... though with Neyin, the changedance would be mostly a physical thing. He always has been a softie. :p Refusing to kill drow, aiding others, showing kindness, dancing in the moonlight... yep yep. :lol:

Oh yeah....
*poof* Mwahahaha! Neyinssin has undergone the "Changedance!" Woot!
Like the female version? [url:tkqt0cs3]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54222080/[/url:tkqt0cs3]

I'll change the avatar once I reach lv.2....
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

I actually commissioned the picture I'm using as an avatar right now. It's of a character in the book I'm writing, named Arathen Vindel, who Kaelen was originally based on. I'm going to draw a version of Kaelen myself, later (both normal and changedance, heh, since he'll eventually be a cleric as well)[/i]
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

I just came up with a dilemma while thinking about how I was going to write the changedance part of Neyin's story.
Would it be appropriate to switch to "she" instead of "he" after the dance? Or stick with "he?"
For example, "Neyinssin stared down into the water at his new form."
Would it actually be, "Neyinssin stared down into the water at her new form?"

:? :? :?
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

I would go with changing 'he' to 'she'

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="DarkSongKnight":2yvia763]I just came up with a dilemma while thinking about how I was going to write the changedance part of Neyin's story.
Would it be appropriate to switch to "she" instead of "he" after the dance? Or stick with "he?"
For example, "Neyinssin stared down into the water at his new form."
Would it actually be, "Neyinssin stared down into the water at her new form?"

:? :? :?[/quote:2yvia763]

As I understand it from Ed's comments. Your character will indeed be female, her thoughts, her emotions, her form. The closer RL concept I can offer is a person transgender. ChangeDance is not like a Transgender though, in that they always believe there were in a wrong gender paxckage.

ChangeDance will make your character a female in thoughts and emotions. Yes she will look at her form as a female. There pf course will be memoroes of being male (also the knowledge she will become male again). She clearly will be warned/advised in Dream visions of what will come.

"Come be my Sister for a time and I will bless you" or things along that line. A sucessful ChangeDance does not just change form it changes the mind. Your character will become a sister to other Clerics, will go though all that females go though. Your character will be a sister in the faith for as long as the change lasts.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Nice picture of the female version. Though I think I like the male ones slightly better (she has a nice dress though... or more like a long shirt ;)).

And I agree, I'd change to the pronouns to the feminine form. Though you might want to make this clear to the reader (or you might not).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Okies, I've gotten a little more on Neyinssin.
[b:3q9scsy9]History:[/b:3q9scsy9] Neyinssin was born in the underdark city of Eryndlyn. His mother was (at that time) a minor priestess of Lolth, and his father was (secretly) a follower of Vhaeraun. When he was still young (age 4), his father swept him away to the surface world to escape the cruelties of Lolth's priestesses and his rapidly ascending in rank mother. His mother was, of course, outraged, and coerced her mother (the Matron of that household) to send a patrol out after Neyinssin's father, with explicit orders to kill him, and bring back the child. It was during this time that Neyinssin's mother murdered the Matron, and took the throne of the House. It was quite easy with many of the house guards gone.

Meanwhile, Neyinssin's father had made it to the surface, but knew he would not make it to the stronghold of Vhaeraun's worship in time, nor did he wish to reveal it's location to the not far behind patrol. Instead, he took the child to the closest area he could think of, the Dancing Dell, in Ardeep forest. He met several priestesses of Eilistraee there, and seeing the dire circumstances, they agreed to take the child, letting the father flee for his life from the Lolthites. Neyinssin's father left with him a silver caveharp, which he had played a certain lullably on to Neyin. The patrol eventually found the father, but were unable to find the child. Neyinssin's mother showed little concern over the child's loss. After all, it was only a male, and she had just become a matron mother.

Neyinssin was henceforth raised by the priestesses of Eilistraee, and had one that very much acted as his mother. He grew up in a happy environment, becoming naive of the twisted dark elves beneath the surface of Faerun. In fact, the only thing he remembered from his time in the Underdark, was a haunting but beautiful song; the lullaby his father had played for him.
Neyinssin became a talented bard under the training of Eilistraee's followers, and is strongly dedicated to the Dark Maiden herself. It came as little surprise to those who knew him that he wished to become a priest of Eilistraee.

Ok, now I'm going to introduce another character I made. His name is Sendai, and he is a Chaotic Neutral male drow fighter/rogue/shadowdancer of Vhaeraun. His attitude and demeaner are quite the opposite of Neyinssin's. He is the youngest heir of a long line of proud Vhaeraunites, and is haughty and confident, bordering arrogance, though has a secret soft spot (although he doesn't admit it). :P
He also becomes Neyinssin's.... err.. uh... lover. Yeah, lurver.

Heres some pictures.

Sendai the Shadowdancer [url:3q9scsy9]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60851144/[/url:3q9scsy9]

Sendai in a rogue-ish pose.
[url:3q9scsy9]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60697985/[/url:3q9scsy9]

Neyinssin and Sendai. Sendai stumbled upon Neyin dancing. XD
[url:3q9scsy9]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60982710/[/url:3q9scsy9]

And finally, Neyinssin playing his harp.
[url:3q9scsy9]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60819154/[/url:3q9scsy9]

Enjoy. :D