Zetsume Unretires?

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

kaze_ookami
Maid
Maid

Zetsume Unretires?

Post by kaze_ookami »

Well, I stumbled across this website by accident. I was searching for an Eilistraee character sheet that had/has her level and feet data on it. Found it a while back, forgot to save it. Anywho, I found this place and couldnt pass it up.

Ive never played a Eilistraee related character, never wanted to. Still dont really. But, Lolthites are growing increasingly difficult to find. On the other hand, this website is available and I would be an idiot to pass it up.

Zetsume is an old character of mine, I used to play as an up and coming Weapons Master in Menzobarrenzan(sp?) until I got down right irritable at the effort it took to track down a single lolthite only for them to disappear after a couple of days and NEVER be heard from again.

I am currently debating if I wanna keep him as a lolthite, convert him, or throw him in a neutral limbo inbetween. Any opinions?

And before people go chewing my head off about the improper name. The name IS in Japanese, and their is a small story behind it. For those who wish to know, or care. Feel free to ask here, or via mailbox.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome to the Chosen, even if you are a spider kisser *G* We get them from time to time.

Not sre what I can advise for a patron deity, you clearly do not have to select Lolth or Eilistraee. There are many options, most Drow are Inteligent and know of many deities. Even a Drawven or Human deity might be taken as a patron deity.

You of course bring good news in that it has been hard for you to find spider kisses, perhaps that faith will die in a few years. *wink*
kaze_ookami
Maid
Maid

Post by kaze_ookami »

Hey now. While the gracy and dance of Eilistraee is fun to watch, and the sing-song isnt to boring either.

Their is something to be said about a spider preistess taking it upon herself to throw you down and..... Wait this is a public forum I can't talk about such things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Eilistraeen priestesses can be flexible. :p

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here regardless of what deity you or your characters follow. ;)

I’ve noticed that it’s increasingly hard to find other drow-oriented places. Most of the old places I knew no longer seem to exist (or at least no longer seem active). But people are quite welcome to play any drow roleplaying here; it doesn’t have to be on the surface and it doesn’t have to involve Eilistraee. I can imagine someone starting a campaign thread with the explicit wish not to include good-aligned drow. Still, it’s of course much easier to find good drow and gollowers of Eilistraee here. ;)

I can’t really advice on what deity to follow for your character. After all, it is your character and you know him better than anyone. Would it be natural for your character to convert or is he a Lolthite through and through? Of course most of my character would advice you to give Eilistraee a chance at least.

Anyway, welcome again and may you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Daman
Maid
Maid

Post by Daman »

My favorite Drow god, far and apart, has always been Vhaeraun. Mostly because I don't like playing submissive characters, and I definitely don't like playing women ... it feels like I'm cheating when I play a woman.

Anyway, Vhaeraun might be worth looking into?
kaze_ookami
Maid
Maid

Post by kaze_ookami »

Vhaeraun would not work to well for me. Many reasons. The thing that drew me to Drow to begin with was the unique culture. And well...... the way the Vhaerun group works seems to human to me. No offence..... but I would just get bored with it. Aside from skin and hair color, its just another organized group of bandits from what Ive seen.
Daman
Maid
Maid

Post by Daman »

I see them as a lot more than just a bandit organisation ... but yeah, if you wish to see them that way.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070425a

Might read that anyway.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Dont remind Daman Vhaeraun got knocked off in the last spider queen book.He gets all pissy about that.Oops..I just reminded him didnt i?
Beat me?
Daman
Maid
Maid

Post by Daman »

[quote="Nedylene":2gpfhmo6]Dont remind Daman Vhaeraun got knocked off in the last spider queen book.He gets all pissy about that.Oops..I just reminded him didnt i?
Beat me?[/quote:2gpfhmo6]

That book doesn't exist here ... anymore at least.

Only thing it's good for is to light a fire with.

Bah, I hate that writer. She seems to be trying to reduce the Drow Pantheon to just a struggle between Lolth, her cronies, and Eilistrae. Retarded dualistic world view ... good vs evil without any other shades.

Disgusts me.

Just like a friend of mine, in all of his PnP DMing refuses to acknowledge the Time of Troubles and anything that happened afterwards as Canon, I refuse to work in any RP where that book is implemented as canon.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

See what I mean.. :p
but seriously sug I do agree ..i didnt get into those books either..
kaze_ookami
Maid
Maid

Post by kaze_ookami »

[quote="Daman":nn89egxy]I see them as a lot more than just a bandit organisation ... but yeah, if you wish to see them that way.

Might read that anyway.[/quote:nn89egxy]

Hmm. I doubt it will change my opinion much. But I shall check into and read this data of which you provide anyway.
Daman
Maid
Maid

Post by Daman »

[quote="kaze_ookami":44rfed6o][quote="Daman":44rfed6o]I see them as a lot more than just a bandit organisation ... but yeah, if you wish to see them that way.

Might read that anyway.[/quote:44rfed6o]

Hmm. I doubt it will change my opinion much. But I shall check into and read this data of which you provide anyway.[/quote:44rfed6o]

I figure it won't make you want to play a Vhaeraunian. But I hope it at least changes your mind that they're just common bandits.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Daman":3bn7qi6d]But I hope it at least changes your mind that they're just common bandits.[/quote:3bn7qi6d]
Yeah... they're uncommon bandits. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2o9znz3a]Those last two books were dissapointing... how could they just kill off the two coolest characters!? >:( [/color:2o9znz3a]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Elrohir
Regular

speaking of books

Post by Elrohir »

since the last few posts have been about books i have just finished the hunters blade trilogy (which btw i thought was awesome love large scale battles especialy when the focus is on the dwarves of battlehammer.) But im wondering what should i look into next. I had heard that My altime favorite character Gromph has a daughter and i do not know where to find anything about it. Could some one who maby has read some guide me to the next part in history of the world?
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.