Nedylene

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Nedylene

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hi there, watching might be a little hard right now, though the Rouge Inn might give you some sense of it, because with the forum meltdown and RL interferring many that were playing are not.

It can be useful if you present your character in this thread I started for you, or another. You do not need to provide all stats, levels, equipment if you are going for free flow RPm the rules are very loose for this type of Role Play, but there are still rules and expectations.

The minimun required to enter into play is appearence of your character, you though should know more about your character. Motives, class lebels and such details before starting to play. In some ways it is acting, in some ways in is using (or abusing) te rules as well. How you play will effect how others interact with you. Some in the past have been upset with me and thus avoid interaction, in fairness I myself try to avoid interaction with other players (play styles are wide and not always compatible, even if both are good players for their style).
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

I'm not the innkeeper ;) but come on in and welcome! :devil:
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

I however, AM the innkeep. Come in and be welcome!

P.S. If you have ever been traumatized in the past by large Rashemi Rangers with small fuzzyy rodents, *cough*, I mean, miniature giant space hamsters, then don't join just yet.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Here goes...

Post by Nedylene »

A small character ducks in from the rain, shaking water droplets from a large black cloak. The cloak is oversized and the hood is drawn over the persons face, obviously someone accustomed to hiding who they are.But the person walks to the bar with an ease born of training and a natural grace that provides an insight into their race. The person sits down at the bar and slowly lowers their hood, revealing a young drow woman, probably around a hundred years of age. Her long white hair is drown back severly into a braid, but a few tendrils have come loose and frame her small face, emphasizing her large lavender eyes. As the cloak flows free of her form, you see she is wearing tight black leathers that envelope a toned body. A pair of scimitars hang from their sheaths at her hips.She looks about the room and smiles, a strange crooked smile that doesnt meet her eyes. " My name is Nedylene Alkesta, anyone here have a problem with that?"
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Great post kid. Now, notice the sign that says "OUT OF CHARACTER".
:3
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Consider it a test post.

However Nedylene, that post more belongs in that Inn.

What tends to be posted here about a character are details about your character. Some do a full stat block, others do a simple short description. Often there is a mix.

I will show you what I mean, a chacter OOC post is like, as I should populate the Temple some. *G*
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Bhaern, why do people consider you annoying? You saved my arse on more then one occasion.

How lame would it be for me to make a very old brachyrus male character, and post it in the Temple?
:3
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

If anyone is the annoying here it would be me.... or maybe Rooky :p

Nah, Bhaern I think your great. Always very helpfull. Especily when I was the cluele..... well, when I was more of a clueless noob then I am now ;)

Just so you know your help is appreciated :)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Rooky":3fvt0edl]Bhaern, why do people consider you annoying?[/quote:3fvt0edl]
You want a full list or a partial one?
A partial one for now.
Spelling and or typing errors.
Style of RP sometimes bothers others.
In anoter place banned people for improper conduct IMO, a few were upset that friend got banned, even when agreeing conduct was imporper (they just thought ban too harsh a punishment or something like that).
Sometimes my interpertaions do not match canon all that well. *wink*

[quote:3fvt0edl] You saved my arse on more then one occasion.

How lame would it be for me to make a very old brachyrus male character, and post it in the Temple?[/quote:3fvt0edl]

It is open RP, though still working on population and area design.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Re: Here goes...

[quote="Nedylene":452gxhhf]A small character ducks in from the rain, shaking water droplets from a large black cloak. The cloak is oversized and the hood is drawn over the persons face, obviously someone accustomed to hiding who they are.But the person walks to the bar with an ease born of training and a natural grace that provides an insight into their race. The person sits down at the bar and slowly lowers their hood, revealing a young drow woman, probably around a hundred years of age. Her long white hair is drown back severly into a braid, but a few tendrils have come loose and frame her small face, emphasizing her large lavender eyes. As the cloak flows free of her form, you see she is wearing tight black leathers that envelope a toned body. A pair of scimitars hang from their sheaths at her hips.She looks about the room and smiles, a strange crooked smile that doesnt meet her eyes. " My name is Nedylene Alkesta, anyone here have a problem with that?"[/quote:452gxhhf]

Sounds a bit Drizzty, which I don't have a problem with, but Drizzt isn't the most popular character around here (presumably because he's good but doesn't worship our lady even though he's drow :/ ).

Also, I have a question. why are so many good drow violet eyed when such eye color among drow is extremely rare. Drizzt's mother, for example, had never even heard of a purple eyed drow when she gave birth to him. :?
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hey Gallea has amber reys, Bhaern's are red , not sure of the rest of my cast of Drow , but an sure of one thing, none of them have violet AFAIK *wink*

Some though when doing Drow Drow do look for an archtype, one that might have been created before Eilistraee was designed. Silverhair is an Eilistraee archtype, when going on a Run those not having Silver hair (most likely hair is white, though other options can occur) dye thier hair silver to honor the Goddess. It is simpleier to just start out with silver hair to avoid wasting a few rounds dying hair.

I would not worry about eye color that much though, I would worry more about how the character interacts with others. *Smiles*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Still... I know Ive seen at least three or four pairs of violet colored eyes on drow around here. :/
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

hmm..

Post by Nedylene »

I am going off my Forgotten Realms book, which states drow have silver hair and red, pink or lavender eyes. And I got the bio thing mixed up, see what you mean now...my bad.. and once you see my characters stats she is NOTHING like Drizzt and the only thing they have in common is eye color and a weapon choice.And perhaps a similiar melancholy disposition, but hey..that happens..lol....
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Alright. Just remember that Velve's PC just got finished killing a paladin. I'm going to try to play a CN or CG character, but I'll try not to get on the bad guy'sbad side
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

ok attempt at actual stats here...

Post by Nedylene »

Name: Nedylene Alkesta
Race: drow
Hair: white
Eyes: Lavender
I could post stats here but this is from a past character who made epic level and i dont want everyone going omigod..so i wont.
alignment: neutral good
character class: battle sorceress
Is a background useful at this point or not necessary, I have one but it would take a while?