The Surface Path

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Pardon my ignorance but what is WOTC
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Wizards of the Coast ;)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Bangs head into keyboard*

In case any did not notice, the leader of the patrol has not posted for a few pages. This was in part I was waiting for a player (that has reappeare) , howver the lack of wait was may concern as well. IIRC night (The OP) did not appear at all in one page of 15 posts.

I can well understand the desire to play and sometimes players get over eager. The problem with over eager is one writes out a player or more, not giving them time to reply. Of course I am not a "I want ot" now type of person that wants the story to continue day by day. Red Eye of course an example of that, a story that was inactive for months.

Please respect other characters and players involved, odds are good the leader of the patrol, however, has faded into shadows.

There is nothing that merits deletion that I recall, though pure OOC is always a target. Stories change and evelove, that is the feature of Free Flow/Form Roleplay. However try to also remember that ignoring players and/or there characters OR just filling pages with limited (a few players) discussion and/or interaction makes it rather hard for other players to catch up and sometimes interact at all. We can make subthreads for one on one of a group play type situation.

*sighs*
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

srry i didnt know we had to wait like that. just thought that since we were just talking amongst our selves it didnt matter since we wernt really moveing on any where. once again srry
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Well I'll tell you what bud, we are just talking not doing anything. Instead of banging your head and seeing this person isnt showing, why not post? We are not doing anything wrong just roleplaying. Unless this offends you? Then in that case sorry about that I'll just remove myself from your game so you can continue as you of course see fit to your liking seeing as it is FreeForm meaning we are free to post.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

1) It is not my story its in Night's, which makes it easier for my character fade away into shadows.

2) More is going on then just talking, one character slipped away that I did not have a chance to deal with.

3) There can be flooding when a few post too much that makes it hard for other players to catch up with.

There is not required post in order like current table top rules are, however a flood requires a player to react to many different things. Oh I could post something, but a proper post I would need to react to many spoken words and some actions as well. In fact the one sliding away into Shadows I would have to react to the apperance and disapperence all in one action, more then a one round action.
Xander can lead the patrol if part of it (That question was never directly answered). In many ways ever since the Kobold showed up I was less then happ, in part because a named character was being used (which often is considered bad form). i am not asking you to wait for me I am asking you to wait for others that wish to continue participating in this story. There is no need for me to participate in this strory, I just helped to get it started. Perhaps my concern is more then Night's is, however the way I learned to play was to at least give others a reasonable time to reply. Prehaps one reason I feel the way I do is because I once enter an Inn (chat room) and had 5 attacks posted against my character before my reply to the first attack posted. There are different styles of RP but a general guideline that carries though most of them is respect for other players. Do as you want as I do not need to be in this story.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Sorry Bhaern, I originally called him Meepo because what else would a non-self respecting D&D player call a kobold? I'm not going to be using anything at all Sunless Citadel related (in fact my Meepo was born in a warren as may be found out later).
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Editted my last post so I will only be playing Elrohir's Frost Vell game. Easier and less chance of offending anyone.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

are we going to contenue or is the thread fadeing out of use?