Smacking down Afein'Vasfryn

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

An Exile now would defeat the point of issuing a warning. It'd be like firing a crossbow bolt at someone and warning the person you're shooting while the bolt's underway.

But that's just my two cents :D
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="DragonMind":3tqhn8ey]Eh... double warning.

damn you paladin!

why don't you just exile me at once,
seems that I'm too much for the people in this forum![/quote:3tqhn8ey]

Actually I was more concerned about the other then you.
You posted fustration, in my mind that is fine. It is more how discussion went afterwardyour first post that concerned me.

Besides I can not exile, just delete or edit.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Ix'Chimalxochitzin":1sn0l8jo]An Exile now would defeat the point of issuing a warning. It'd be like firing a crossbow bolt at someone and warning the person you're shooting while the bolt's underway.

But that's just my two cents :D[/quote:1sn0l8jo]

Hmm, well a crossbow fired at feet clearly can be a warning of not going too far. Firing a crossbow at the heart to kill and say you are being warned tends to be less effective.

As far as what I do have I can delete posts which in someways would be killing or I can edit a post which might be a warning.
I prefer greatly not to do either (except for deletion of OOC in role play threads and even then I tend to wait at least a while before doing that to at least give people a time to read the imporper OOC).
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":10x4sqaz][quote="DragonMind":10x4sqaz]Eh... double warning.

damn you paladin!

why don't you just exile me at once,
seems that I'm too much for the people in this forum![/quote:10x4sqaz]

You posted fustration, in my mind that is fine. It is more how discussion went afterwardyour first post that concerned me.

Besides I can not exile, just delete or edit.[/quote:10x4sqaz]

So a post that is seen as insulting by someone is fine by you but politely asking for a bit of civil behaviour and a retraction isnt?

By this standard there's no point in being polite or respectful of other forum members and asking that likewise behaviour reciprocated as it doesn't matter and seems to cause you concern.

Glad we've got that all sorted. Message received & understood.

FYI, I heeded the first warning and had moved on from this, why open this up again eh?
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":2ze0eta8][quote="Bhaern Quel":2ze0eta8]

Besides I can not exile, just delete or edit.[/quote:2ze0eta8]

So a post that is seen as insulting by someone is fine by you but politely asking for a bit of civil behaviour and a retraction isnt?

By this standard there's no point in being polite or respectful of other forum members and asking that likewise behaviour reciprocated as it doesn't matter and seems to cause you concern.

Glad we've got that all sorted. Message received & understood.

FYI, I heeded the first warning and had moved on from this, why open this up again eh?[/quote:2ze0eta8]

*sighs*
In my view a single post can be insulting and might need moderation. My link about the _other people_ clearly is insulting to some people, I know this pecause of have discussed that article with people that are insulted by it.

My view was the continuation of this thread in that tone.
There were options, the post could have been reported (and I get, or should still get notifacation of reports, IAE I have no open reports in my file to act on).

The first post as I read it I could live with as a minor error or fustration, as it now appears you are fustrated with me. The problem in thread as I reviewed it was not solved, but rather esculated.

As to why there was a late comment after you heeded the warning was because I have not been onsite for some time because of other things. I was just advising how I would handle it if I was here quicker, looking back. In many ways I believed when I first read the thread that the entire thing should have been deleted. That though at least for now will not occur.

Prehaps tommorrow though, at least a chance for most of you to read it that have posted to this thread.

There are other ways to resolve things instead of a public brawl. Call me a slut and I will not be happy, but when I reply in kind it becomes a war. Personal wars are not a good thing. The two of you going at it is in my mind worst then he going after you in a complaint/bragging manner.

As I said I could have lived with the one post being made, that does not mean I liked it. As far as it goes if you look at DragonMind's last post you might find something that insults me, I live with it because I am not going on a Holy War over it.

I doubr very much either of the two of you are happy with me.

Play nice,or if playing evil do it with a kind smile. People that are "Evil" are not welcomed most places, people that play "Evil" clearly add to Role Play. Of course there is always a call of what good or bad conduct, what should be permitted and what needs to be acted on. There is a report button for a reason, Shir'le gets complaints from all of them, I only get those in RolePlay section. That could have been used.
In addition there is Private Messages which could have been sent to either one of us, or prehaps even to Dragon requesting deletion or at least start a civil discussion between the two of you. Yes I know some times a civil discussion is hard to start or continue, there likely are many that do not want a PM from me, but the one that comes to mind as an example.
There was on another site someone posting incorrect information, actually was made a moderator over there. I asked in PM if he wanted to discuss why I had disagreement with him, it was polite but the response was do not care.

Here (also there) I do care, if I make mistakes I try to fix them, a deleted mixed IC and OOC post was not something I could repair (not that there was much IC in that post Tymer). I could reread the thread and perhaps see your point that first post should be deleted that so insulted you, however it helps to have quidence (report or PM is better then public if you want this thread to be no longer posted to). The same advice applies to Dragon and anyone else that has an issue either with the orginal topic or my comments on it. I am busy, but not that busy that I will ignore concerns.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I understand what you are trying to do here Bhaern. Being a moderator is often a pain in the ass, I know, I've done it before on other boards.

I have no issue with you Bhaern as you're only doing your job as a moderator for this forum. I reacted because they way in which you'd replied to DM, seemed to indicate [from my perspective] that you had an issue with me.

This discusion did get a bit out of hand between myself and DM [b:2dq95pwr]but it wasn't in character[/b:2dq95pwr], and that's what I took at issue.

As I said previously, if you don't agree with an opinion then there is a far better way to state a PoV in a OOC discussion, which is what this thread was.

Lets leave out the snide remarks as it leads to this sort of thing.
That's all fine IF it's in character in a role play thread, I have no problem with it.

Yes he made a throw away line and in retrospect I should have just ignored it as it wasn't much of a jibe anyway but I did feel it was un-necessary and not in the spirit of the discussion.

This place is about peace, good will & harmony. It's what Eilsitraee represents, the redemption of evil and the finding of comfort, solace and tranquility. I'm all for that which is why I enjoy posting here and talking/communicating with other people world wide who share a similiar interest in this very positive idea and ethos that Eilistraee represents.

As I said before, I've listened to Shir'le decreed and I have moved on from this.

[Shir'le EDIT] Again, play nice. :evil:

I believe the best way forward is to lock this thread please, so we can get on with other more productive things. :)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":ffbhqhkd]There are other ways to resolve things instead of a public brawl.[/quote:ffbhqhkd]
Agreed.

If you have problems with other posters or with how moderators (being Bhaern and myself) are doing things then you can take it up with me in private. I will [i:ffbhqhkd]not[/i:ffbhqhkd] stand for members duking out personal problems in public on these forums.

This thread is now locked. With apologies to the original poster that it had to come to this.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee