An Introduction and a few Questions

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

seldszdra
Maid
Maid

Post by seldszdra »

[i:1jwkg0k9]Vendui', everyone![/i:1jwkg0k9]

I'm somewhat of a novice role-player who's been in the RP crowd for nearly two years now, and like several of this community's members, I've taken a liking to Drow. ^^
Despite some of my Drow-esque characters being goodly, I favor the traditional Underdark-dwelling Dark-Elves who favor evil over the opposite; and such is why I must ask the question if some role-play in this community, being traditional Drow role-play, is either restricted or not allowed. I assumed not, but because of the setting of the website itself I was just curious -- I don't want to make an RP thread with the mistake that it may not be allowed. :P

If there are, in fact, restrictions, that will not bind me and keep me away from trying to conjure up interesting threads for you guys. This community looks like a great one and I always appealed to how well developed it appeared to be and just decided it was time for my to take a shot at joining.

If anyone has any questions (or answers!), they'd certainly be appreciated.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: An Introduction and a few Questions

Post by Bhaern Quel »

There are no restrictions on what you want to play. If you want to play Lolth it clearly is permitted. *wink*

We do have spider kissers characters. A note of warnings a follower Lolth might find many followers of the Dark Maiden willing to burn the body.

Yes you can play evil characters.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

there are a big mix of characters, followers of all types of deities, and a range of alignments.
starting an evil character tread sounds interesting too...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

As Bhaern noted there are no restrictions of that sort and you're quite welcome to play an evil character or start an evil thread.

What I do ask is to show consideration for the intent of individual roleplaying threads. If, for example, a thread is meant for a group of goodly characters then an evil character might not fit well with that particular thread (or perhaps it might as more of an antagonist; in case of doubt just ask the person who started the thread).

By that same token you could of course start a roleplaying thread and suggest that it's mainly meant for evil drow roleplay. Otherwise you might, considering the theme of this website, quickly find yourself outnumbered by followers of Eilistraee. ;)

In the end the intention is for everyone on this site to enjoy themselves. So as long as you keep that in mind there should be no problem I think.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[align=center:1m656n7w][b:1m656n7w]Semi-IC Sample [/b:1m656n7w][/align:1m656n7w]
Naien strikes a pose with a charred human skull in hand, and a smoldering village behind, [color=#FF0000:1m656n7w]"Evil? What're you talking about? This is a holy cause, Tiamat said so."[/color:1m656n7w] :devil:

Welcome to CoE, hope you have lots of fun.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Josephlor
Maid
Maid

Post by Josephlor »

I will have the basic character done by the end of tonight. I do have a few questions for the DM about spells and items, but it really wouldnt impact me joining any sooner for the basic roleplay.

SE
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Josephlor":cycm138i]I will have the basic character done by the end of tonight. I do have a few questions for the DM about spells and items, but it really wouldnt impact me joining any sooner for the basic roleplay.

SE[/quote:cycm138i]

Role play is often free flow. Which means players in some ways adopt a part role as DM. It clearly depends some on which play you want to enter or start. In general there is no restriction on spells. There one thing that however is desired is level disparity. A 30 level magic user joining a play where the other characters average about level 5 is not acceptable. The magic user would be too powerful compared to the party or foes they encounter.