Bewitched OOC thread

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Bewitched OOC thread

Post by Agmasek »

Well first and foremost, let me just say, I'm pretty rusty at running my own stories, so hopefully I don't bore anyone with this RP plot. That being said, I am glad for my so far, only two participants, though admittedly I was hoping for more people to join in, and give me more character dynamics to deal with, as well as a few female PCs, to balance out the party, as well as hold certain special advantages during this plot-line, which I will keep secret if and until the time is right for them to become apparent.

Also, I must apologize if I am slow to get new posts up. As I said, I'm kinda rusty at this stuff, plus between life, and work, I only get so long to plan out posts and get them written, so hopefully all participants can bear with me.

I will point it out here too, this is not just an adventure into peculiar magical phenomena, mysterious disappearances, and an ascent up a mountain riddled with dangers both natural and artificial, but this is also an introductory plot for my newest (and first female) PC, just like Senmit, based on ideas from the Oriental Adventures book.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW TOO MUCH!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know, typically a good campaign ends with killing the mastermind behind the troubles in the end, but I will say here, that this is not meant to end quite that way. Oh, not to worry, I fully plan to have a tough battle at the end, with a Yeti, or something like that, but no killing Yonmei. She's just lonely and misunderstood.
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Re: Bewitched OOC thread

Post by Agmasek »

Oh yes, BTW, I'm still welcoming more players to join in at this time. I'll leave this open as long as I can, but if you're going to join in, please do so sooner, rather than later, or drop a line on here if you want to join in, but not right away, so I can plan for a later entry. Ultimately however, the longer you wait, the harder it will be for me to fit you in. That said, I will eventually announce a cut-off point, so I do hope to see more players join in. Since this isn't being done in an actual campaign style, I can't really declare a level range, but very low levels might be ill-suited, while high or even epic levels might be a bit over-powered for this plot.

Not to say I forbid either extreme, however, low-level novice characters might find themselves victims of some of the powers at work against the party in this plot. And high-level characters may force me to introduce tougher challenges, to balance things out, which may be a little unfair for less powerful PCs.
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
Shriastae Tivale
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriastae Tivale »

I'm beyond eager to get Shri involved in something. If you're leaving it open, I'll gladly join in.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

I'm sure that would be interesting, Shri, as I recall, I think Silinrul, ogrim's character, is from Menzo as well. Secondboy of a now fallen house, recruited before its destruction by a certain infamous drow mercenary company. Of course that's probably all info very few people would even know about IC, without being told.
Shriastae Tivale
Maid
Maid

Post by Shriastae Tivale »

Strange how many fallen nobles we have running around. It's almost like Lolthite society innately destroys its own leaders or something. But [i:an4vz6b0]naaah[/i:an4vz6b0], that's just preposterous. :P

I'll look the thread over and toss up a reply when I think of a way to get her interjected into the situation.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

As enticing as this thread looks, I think I will pass and occasionally watch at the thread. I myself like using elements of other campaigns and guides, but this looks a bit too risky for my sense to not try disect each suspicious detail that may look like unlikely to me.

Break a leg. :)

Edit: Do not take it literally unless you really want your NPCs to be leg breaking onis.
Last edited by Rainbow Prism on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Unless you meant it as you typed it, the saying is 'Break a leg'. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I should take it as jest or insult, but I'll try to laugh at it. Other than that, as long as you aren't picking apart those suspicious details in the OOC thread, or in an OOC context, I'd welcome it, in truth. By no means do I want anyone to feel compelled to follow a generally scripted story, as they might get with games like Final Fantasy, where you have limited freedoms in how, and how fast you progress through an otherwise inflexible storyline. As far as leading the story, I prefer to shoot from the hip, so to speak, rather than have every detail and possible scenario planned out.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Noted. I will edit the saying. Thanks for posting about it. My english still needs some polishing. Just typing good luck was too plain and, possibly, a little too arrogant.

Will it be okay to send some of comments through pms? To not reveal any ideas that you may like or details you wanted to stay hidden.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

PMs are fine. I can't guarantee timely responses all the time though. I login more often when I see posts on the threads I'm posting in, and less often to check for PMs.
Olba'id
Maid
Maid

Post by Olba'id »

letting it be known now that Jandar really doesn't have a level as he is not entirely based off of D&D or any pen and paper roleplaying system. The story I posted contains the beginning of his backstory. (not even close to finished with it though) If I had to guess at his level though powerwise he is about level 14-16 ish.