Realm building

When you want to ask out of character questions, discuss plots, talk about roleplaying or simply present your character’s bio, this is the place to do so. Small OOC bits may be accepted in the roleplaying forums, but this is the place for the larger posts. Do keep the topics related to the roleplaying however, otherwise go to the General Discussion forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Realm building

Post by Bhaern Quel »

This always a topic I have had an interest in, for this discussion I will refer to "Cleric Errant" as example of RP, there are other examples including that Swamp of years gone buy.

In free flow each user at times is a player and sometimes a GM when building a setting.

Irae'xyra Hun'und started the Role Play with an Inn, I added to the play by playing a waitress, that indicated that there were dangers to the North and West, that there were farms about the tavern.

Each player clearly can add things as long as it does not conflict with what was already built to maintain a smooth flow of play. In this case to the East or the South there could be other tribes, however in one direction I would expect that there is a human power, city, baron, a ruler that at least from time to time provides protection for what right now appears to be border lands. Oh I am sure taxes are collected regularly. Each player clearly can add to the right now very small area known in this Role Play as long as it tends to fit in with what has already been stated with no problem. There again while Irae and Amil deal with the Goblins it clearly is possible the orcs will raid the farms and maybe even the Inn. We do not know how many orcs there are to the North yet.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Re: Realm building

Post by Rainbow Prism »

May I ask if it is completely new, blank and not related to any official campaign settings world?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Rainbow Prism":35pab820]May I ask if it is completely new, blank and not related to any official campaign settings world?[/quote:35pab820]

Good question, likely will end up in FR someplace not sure yet. There is much of FR not mapped like hamlets or farms.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

So, it is assumed to be FR based terrain or some other world where at least Eilistraee is existent.

What is the stance of using materials exclusive to other campaigns? Like, usage of different pantheon, idea of allowing things not working in Realms (cleric worshipping cause or abstract idea instead of gods, hi-tech civilizations or incarnum substance existence) or creatures that do not exist in Faerûn?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Rainbow Prism":30i2g6cz]So, it is assumed to be FR based terrain or some other world where at least Eilistraee is existent.

What is the stance of using materials exclusive to other campaigns? Like, usage of different pantheon, idea of allowing things not working in Realms (cleric worshipping cause or abstract idea instead of gods, hi-tech civilizations or incarnum substance existence) or creatures that do not exist in Faerûn?[/quote:30i2g6cz]

While considering this play has a Priestess of Eilistraee, the play clearly requires the deity existence on world.

As far the rest, as there are portals to Earth clearly some tech can come to the world (even if not FR), there might be a question of if the tech would work however could be transported.

This play and build is based on free flow, which does not require a FR location. I though add the basic caution I provide to all, the stranger the locations or monsters the less likely a play will last long.

As it is not sure this play will last long because other two players have not posted anything, anywhere for days.